Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UL scholarship scheme applications? Where are they? Lol

• 28-03-2018 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

For people applying for Limerick:

Has anyone received an application for their scholarship programme for disadvantaged backgrounds? I haven't yet and it's kinda making me nervous. I put UL as my number 1 on the CAO too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 medennial

For people applying for Limerick:

Has anyone received an application for their scholarship programme for disadvantaged backgrounds? I haven't yet and it's kinda making me nervous. I put UL as my number 1 on the CAO too.

I received an email on Thursday with information and a link to the application form. Might be worth just popping them an email and making sure they have your details correct. It went to the email I have registered with the CAO 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

medennial wrote: »
    I received an email on Thursday with information and a link to the application form. Might be worth just popping them an email and making sure they have your details correct. It went to the email I have registered with the CAO ��

I checked my junk mail and it was there, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

I just noticed that this year they don't require applicants to submit a personal statement and that it is now based solely on the Access letter. I wonder then since last year applicants were informed if they got the scholarship in July, will they do the same this year now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Hi folks. I just started looking at these now. So is the deal that you're undergrad must have been completed having entered initially through an access route, I.e. socio economic disadvantaged background etc? If so, that rules out quite a number of people from applying (incl myself)?
    My friend who completed GEMS a few years ago was under the impression the grants were open to all but the requirement of the access letter would seem to rule that out.

Hope I'm wrong but prob not

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

santino wrote: »
    Hi folks. I just started looking at these now. So is the deal that you're undergrad must have been completed having entered initially through an access route, I.e. socio economic disadvantaged background etc? If so, that rules out quite a number of people from applying (incl myself)?
    My friend who completed GEMS a few years ago was under the impression the grants were open to all but the requirement of the access letter would seem to rule that out.

Thanks

It seems to have changed for this year and now it is only open for those who have come in through HEAR/DARE scheme or similar vs last year where you could provide your own documentation directly for a chance. Also this year a personal statement is not required. A letter from the college access office is all that is required now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

santino wrote: »

Thanks

This was something I was hoping for too since my circumstances changed drastically over my undergrad degree. I emailed to ask and they said you're onlu eligible if you entered previous degree via an Access route

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Thanks for yer replies. No joy so. Ah well

Advertisement