Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AMAZON - D-Link DWR-921/B 4G LTE Router -With SIM SLOT - £45.37 / €55

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Thanks for your reply, I have tried this and another apn but am unable to get an internet connection with this d link modem.

Is the SIM receiving data in the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dreamsforfacts

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is the SIM receiving data in the phone?

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

Thanks for your reply, I have tried this and another apn but am unable to get an internet connection with this d link modem. I'm wondering does anyone that is using gomo with this d link router have the same problem and how did you resolve it.
    I have gone through the configuration process but the red signal light remains flashing the whole time.
    Thanks in advance.
    Same problem for me.
    I just chalked it up to me being in a bad signal/coverage area. :(

Yes it is.

Duplicate the phone APN settings in the router.

The important values are...

APN
    MCC
    MNC

Have you any other SIM to check the router with?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dreamsforfacts

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Duplicate the phone APN settings in the router.

The important values are...

APN
    MCC
    MNC

Have you any other SIM to check the router with?

I have put the gomo sim in my phone and it's working, and I have put my for sim in the modem and it won't pick up a signal so I can only assume there is a problem with the modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nagel

have you tried setting this to 3g or 4g only instead of auto

From one review on Amazon..
    I found that some fields described could be left blank as they weren't appropriate, e.g. "dialed number" and "PIN code" (if you don't use one on the SIM). The APN details will be available from your service provider (or via a web search). Note that the two DNS server fields have default values of 0.0.0.0, so you need to change them to valid values or else you won't get a connection. WPA2 wireless security is available.

If there's a field with *99# delete it.

Not sure what to put in DNS field...maybe this is acquired when / if it connects.

The SIM PIN may need to be entered but if it's not active in the phone it'll probably not be required in the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭qaz123

Any one get a GoMo sim working in this router. Can’t get a signal with GoMo sim. It’s works no problem with a 3 sim first time I put one in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

qaz123 wrote: »
    Any one get a GoMo sim working in this router. Can’t get a signal with GoMo sim. It’s works no problem with a 3 sim first time I put one in

Have you changed the APN, perhaps you are still trying to access the three APN. Try data.mymeteor.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭qaz123

alan4cult wrote: »
    Have you changed the APN, perhaps you are still trying to access the three APN. Try data.mymeteor.ie

Cheers do I have to log in to the router to do that?

Tried GoMo sim first. Itworked fine in phone then put it into router but no joy. When it didn’t work I got a 3 sim yesterday and it worked straight away without changing any settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Cheers do I have to log in to the router to do that?

Tried GoMo sim first. Itworked fine in phone then put it into router but no joy. When it didn’t work I got a 3 sim yesterday and it worked straight away without changing any settings

Yeah you login in at 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
    Yeah strange that you didn't have to setup the first sim. Perhaps you could reset the modem and try the GoMo SIM first and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I have setup 2 of these with GoMo sims and both are working fine.. What I did do first was to insert sims into a phone and disable the SIM lock before inserting them into the modems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭lau1247

if it is of any help, i got mine to work, straight off the box, I had the sim in place and LAN cable, you have to wait until it connect to the network which takes about 1 minute from initial start up. Once it is up and running (four icons in green) - Power/WLAN/LAN/4G), it is all good. (Side note which may be irrelevant, I have used Gomo sim on the mobile before and had the sim pin turned off before I used it in the router).

Also if it is of any help, the default APN is isp.mymeteor.ie automatically configured in the router.

I did run into a problem with setting up the Admin password for the router itself though (Not wifi). By default there is no password from factory but when I changed it and 'apply' the setting. It log you out of the config page. Internet still works. I tried to enter the password at the router landing page and it would not work so cannot log back in. Thank god it can be reset physically from the unit. Does it happen to anyone here?

On the plus side, I guess once I have everything configured, I can 'set' a password and lock everyone out including myself :pac:

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

I was using the following settings, which only worked after I disabled the sim pin as lau1247 suggested.

th_84065_dlinkdetails_122_552lo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭shovel

Would using the gomo sim in a dual SIM phone as a hotspot,be as good as putting it in the mobile D-Link router.
    I'm asking, as I have bought the router and can't get the gomo sim to work in it.
    It works in the phone fine.
    I have tried resetting the router and changing the apn but no joy.
    I have good signal and my laptop sees the dlink and connects but no wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

shovel wrote: »
    Would using the gomo sim in a dual SIM phone as a hotspot,be as good as putting it in the mobile D-Link router.
    I'm asking, as I have bought the router and can't get the gomo sim to work in it.
    It works in the phone fine.
    I have tried resetting the router and changing the apn but no joy.
    I have good signal and my laptop sees the dlink and connects but no wifi
    You need to put SIM card in your phone first and disable the pin on it (make sure it’s disabled all together not just entered once, so if you take it out and reinsert it in the phone it would not prompt you to enter pin again). Only after that use it in the router and it will work just fine then.

Thanks for that.
    I have disabled the sim lock when I had it in my phone.
    By that I mean I had already done that.
    Still won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

It takes several minutes for the SIM card to connect to the network.Red light will be flashing and the 4 green lights will come on one at a time until eventually the flashing red light goes green and stays on constant.

Tried to change the apn again and it seems to be working now.
    Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Could I get some feedback from GOMO customers using this router on the internet speeds?
    I'm needing a cheap broadband connection for basic tasks like browsing & netflix.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭lau1247

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Could I get some feedback from GOMO customers using this router on the internet speeds?
    I'm needing a cheap broadband connection for basic tasks like browsing & netflix.

thanks

Working grand for me. Had it running for about 3 weeks now, no issue to date where I'm. I (light user) use it from casual web surfing on laptop (Wireless, random times), netflix on Shield (wireless, 2-3 hours a day, didn't change any stream quality setting, in fact couldn't find where to change so left at that :pac:) and Philips hue hub (Wired - On all the time). Will soon add Google Home to it too.

I didn't try with few streaming (Mobile, shield, laptop) running all at once since anything that I can do on mobile (Also Gomo), I try to keep the activities there.

Regarding the router, it is nothing fancy, basic enough but functional. Don't expect to be able to change the Admin password for the router (You can set the wifi password), it just lock you out completely unless you are prepared to do a hard reset whenever you need access back into the router after the admin password change.

You can view the SMS that comes in via the router setting page but I didn't see any possibility to set a warning for data limit.

I cancelled Virgin 55 Eur per month last month and haven't look back since. So far Gomo and this router has worked a treat.

Hope this helps.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

lau1247 wrote: »
    Working grand for me. Had it running for about 3 weeks now, no issue to date where I'm. I (light user) use it from casual web surfing on laptop (Wireless, random times), netflix on Shield (wireless, 2-3 hours a day, didn't change any stream quality setting, in fact couldn't find where to change so left at that :pac:) and Philips hue hub (Wired - On all the time). Will soon add Google Home to it too.

I didn't try with few streaming (Mobile, shield, laptop) running all at once since anything that I can do on mobile (Also Gomo), I try to keep the activities there.

Regarding the router, it is nothing fancy, basic enough but functional. Don't expect to be able to change the Admin password for the router (You can set the wifi password), it just lock you out completely unless you are prepared to do a hard reset whenever you need access back into the router after the admin password change.

You can view the SMS that comes in via the router setting page but I didn't see any possibility to set a warning for data limit.

I cancelled Virgin 55 Eur per month last month and haven't look back since. So far Gomo and this router has worked a treat.

Hope this helps.

Sounds great thanks for the response

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

lau1247 wrote: »

Hope this helps.
    Cancelled Virgin too, I'm no longer subsidising people who want fast connections.

No router, using my old phone as a hotspot. Bought a long usb cable in a poundshop and put it on a window upstairs to get a good signal.

Tip for anyone on Virgin, you can lookup how much you download on your profile. If you have a dual sim phone it just takes a swipe down and a click to change to using a second sim if you need more.

Use https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/ and something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite to see which towers or windows work best.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Did people having issues ever get this router to work with their Gomo sim in the end?
    Purchased the router brand new a few weeks back but no matter what settings/advice I have tested it wouldn't work.

Tried the various APN settings and other maunal settings suggested here
    Sim pin is disabled
    Completely reset router and settings.

I've come back to it and tried repeatedly but no luck. Sim works in my phone and the hotspot from it generally works well, it is just quite frustrating to have purchased a suppousedly decent router that I can't make us of.

I'm not an IT expert but wouldn't exactly call myself illiterate at this stuff either. 'Quick and easy to set up' my a**

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Did people having issues ever get this router to work with their Gomo sim in the end?
    Purchased the router brand new a few weeks back but no matter what settings/advice I have tested it wouldn't work.

Sim pin is disabled

I've come back to it and tried repeatedly but no luck. Sim works in my phone and the hotspot from it generally works well, it is just quite frustrating to have purchased a suppousedly decent router that I can't make us of.

I'm not an IT expert but wouldn't exactly call myself illiterate at this stuff either. 'Quick and easy to set up' my a**

Put your sim in the phone - did you have to enter the pin again? You must make sure pin in permanently disabled by removing the SIM card and putting back in the phone and not being prompted for the pin before trying in the router. Mine GoMo works with no issues in this router.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi all,

There are two pins in use, one to lock the phone and the other to lock the sim. Make sure the sim pin is unlocked. Then put the sim in the dongle.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi all,

There are two pins in use, one to lock the phone and the other to lock the sim. Make sure the sim pin is unlocked. Then put the sim in the dongle.

J

What's the bargain?

What's the bargain?

He's answering KTBFFH's question.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Sim pin is disabled

Do you want to sell it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Sim pin is disabled

I didn't order an extra SIM for mine until the start of this month. It's up and running without issue. It's already been noted above that it's slow enough for the connection to go live. Anyway, here are a few screenshots from the set up menu...

attachment.php?attachmentid=509011&d=1586523154

Under the internet tab, make sure that the connection type is 4G LTE / 3G

Everything else should autopopulate with autodetection

Despite the commments above, there is a field to enter the PIN so no need to disable

Once this is done, go to the home tab

attachment.php?attachmentid=509012&d=1586523154

You can see the status of the connection here, like I said, you need to wait a short while for it to go live. You can see the disconnect button, this toggles to connect if you are disconnected.

Advertisement