Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMAZON - D-Link DWR-921/B 4G LTE Router -With SIM SLOT - £45.37 / €55

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

fdevine wrote: »
    Just to note there are two versions of this. OP linked to GoMO, data sheet and userguide, but not the actual product page.

link added now!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I'm using the GoMo sim in an old mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone has used this router with the GoMo sim and if so,how did it work out?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    I'm using the GoMo sim in an old mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone has used this router with the GoMo sim and if so,how did it work out?

Thanks

I got a much better reception, and therefore speeds with a router, perhaps because of the aerials.
    Even got a better wi-fi connection.

Maybe borrow a router to see how it works for you.

I got a much better reception, and therefore speeds with a router, perhaps because of the aerials.

I have ordered the home version and will try it out over christmas.
    Seems to work well for most people who reviewed it on amazon.
    A good deal at the price.
    Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I’m using a GoMo SIM with a HUAWEI 4G hotspot. Works great but not as fast as the same device with a Vodafone SIM. I think Vodafone use 4G+ with 2 signals perpendicular to each other which gives faster speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭loopymum

GoMo throttle after the 80gb and they throttle it alot! Eir are also throttling

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Me too, same router with a GoMo SIM, happy out...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭akasudonim

Probably not the thread, but just for comparison, I'm using a GoMo SIM in one of these ...

https://www.eurodk.com/en/products/lte-integrated-antennas/sxt-lte-kit

pointed at an Eir mast, to give attached performance for €9.99 pm,

versus €48pm for typical 5-10Mb from original provider (LOS FWA)

Haven't pulled the plug on original provider yet. But so far the GoMo is v good.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Thanks OP.
    Got the home version as it has big antennas unlike the mobile version.
    Hopefully they will help with better connection strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nsi423

Couldn't resist! Joined Amazon Prime the other day just to get free shipping on one item and I've ordered 4 more things since!!

Received this yesterday.Setup was a doddle and download speed using a GoMo sim is averaging 20+Mbs.
    Was only getting 18Mbs with Vodafone landline.
    Delighted so far..
    Thanks again op

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭maik3n

Ro-76 wrote: »
    I’m using a GoMo SIM with a HUAWEI 4G hotspot. Works great but not as fast as the same device with a Vodafone SIM. I think Vodafone use 4G+ with 2 signals perpendicular to each other which gives faster speeds.
    Are you using a secondary mobile number/go mo sim with this hotspot or is it your primary mobile number?

I'm just thinking, are we swapping our sim in and out of our mobile phone, lol, when we want to use these hotspots/routers like in the OP, or how does it work exactly. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

maik3n wrote: »
    Are you using a secondary mobile number/go mo sim with this hotspot or is it your primary mobile number?

I'm just thinking, are we swapping our sim in and out of our mobile phone, lol, when we want to use these hotspots/routers like in the OP, or how does it work exactly. :o

Most just get a Gomo sim, put it in the router, forget about calls and texts and for 9.99 per month you get 80gb data.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Has gone back up in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Yes looks like amazon dont have it in stock so you are seeing price from other sellers. For those who bought it can you set any data limit on router so that it wont use over the 80gb? From googling it seems dlink dont provide something like that on their routers but couldnt see find much to back that up.

Anyone know a 4g router that lets you set a data limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭SteM

Back to £45.37, in stock on 23/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭maik3n

Most just get a Gomo sim, put it in the router, forget about calls and texts and for 9.99 per month you get 80gb data.
    I was thinking that was probably the case.

Took a punt and got the d link router and a go-mo sim. Sadly, I was left a little flat after setting it all up.

In hindsight, I should have expected it.
    I'm in a lousy coverage area as it is and can only get entry level 15MB fibre.
    So it should have come at no surprise, that the d-link router plus GOMO sim gave me a whopping 2.5MB download, lol.

Even when I popped over to my mates house who has proper high speed fibre from eir, the best I got from d-link+gomo was 18 MB.
    I guess proper 4G coverage hasn't quite come to our area as of yet.

With all that said, the d-link router that the OP suggested is still a great deal for those who have the right coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Yes looks like amazon dont have it in stock so you are seeing price from other sellers. For those who bought it can you set any data limit on router so that it wont use over the 80gb? From googling it seems dlink dont provide something like that on their routers but couldnt see find much to back that up.

Anyone know a 4g router that lets you set a data limit?
    The Tp Link Mr200 I have you can set a data limit on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is 80gb not very low for full house BB limit?

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    Is 80gb not very low for full house BB limit?

Probably, but it's not meant for Broadband use, it's just a cheap way to get 80gb broadband if that's your need.
    Use the three network and top up by 20 euros every 28 days if you need more.

Also no need for any router limit setting malarkey with Gomo, there is no excess fees, the speed just gets throttled to a probably unusable level after the 80gb, but no more dosh needed.

Probably, but it's not meant for Broadband use, it's just a cheap way to get 80gb broadband if that's your need.
    Use the three network and top up by 20 euros every 28 days if you need more.

Also no need for any router limit setting malarkey with Gomo, there is no excess fees, the speed just gets throttled to a probably unusable level after the 80gb, but no more dosh needed.

Do GoMo charge extra for exceeding the 80gb data allowance or do they just throttle the speed?

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Do GoMo charge extra for exceeding the 80gb data allowance or do they just throttle the speed?

What have I just said and you have just quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭akasudonim

Completely unusable when throttled. Hit the 80gb today and all stop. For a family 80gb is too low but not meant for that so no surprise. Need a second!

What have I just said and you have just quoted?

I was looking on their website and couldn't find anything about charges outside of the fair usage allowance.. What are they charging per extra GB used?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

akasudonim wrote: »
    Completely unusable when throttled. Hit the 80gb today and all stop. For a family 80gb is too low but not meant for that so no surprise. Need a second!
    Dual sim phone FTW.

Me ? I'd be insisting on lower resolution on youtube and downloading videos.

Check your usage. 6 TB drive for about a tenner a month for a year.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058039246

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I was looking on their website and couldn't find anything about charges outside of the fair usage allowance.. What are they charging per extra GB used?

You can't exceed 80GB with gomo, they effectively cut off data (or to be more exact they reduce speed down to an unusable level).

There are no excess data charges (except while roaming and roaming data exceeds 10GB).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dreamsforfacts

Hi,
    I have purchased the gomo sim with strong mobile signal, and have just purchases the d link router as per this thread.
    It sounds like it could be my only means of getting any bit of internet due to location.
    I have tried the SIM in my phone and signal is strong, however when I put it into the router, it doesn't seem to pick up any signal.
    Any suggestions as to why or what i can do to rectify this.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Hi,
    I have purchased the gomo sim with strong mobile signal, and have just purchases the d link router as per this thread.
    It sounds like it could be my only means of getting any bit of internet due to location.
    I have tried the SIM in my phone and signal is strong, however when I put it into the router, it doesn't seem to pick up any signal.
    Any suggestions as to why or what i can do to rectify this.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

I recently got support from gomo re a Huawei dongle....there is a setting called APN and this needs to be:

data.myeirmobile.ie

Although in my case I was getting signal bars but no internet connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 dreamsforfacts

I recently got support from gomo re a Huawei dongle....there is a setting called APN and this needs to be:

data.myeirmobile.ie

Although in my case I was getting signal bars but no internet connection.

Thanks for your reply, I have tried this and another apn but am unable to get an internet connection with this d link modem. I'm wondering does anyone that is using gomo with this d link router have the same problem and how did you resolve it.
    I have gone through the configuration process but the red signal light remains flashing the whole time.
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement