Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

If I was to use a android phone to originally subscribe then go back to iOS should it keep it rolling over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

KinsellaJ wrote: »
    If I was to use a android phone to originally subscribe then go back to iOS should it keep it rolling over?

Pretty sure it does!
    Can be activated on multiple devices at the same time so I see no reason why it wouldn’t
    https://support.google.com/googleplaymusic/answer/3139562?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

KinsellaJ wrote: »

Or try the family option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Would people be in interested in signing up for Dezzer or Play Music - to the family plan?

For Deezer, €14.99 p.m with 6 people & you can cancel anytime afaik.

• Advertisement

trixiebust wrote: »
    Would people be in interested in signing up for Dezzer or Play Music - to the family plan?

For Deezer, €14.99 p.m with 6 people & you can cancel anytime afaik.

Youd wanna be very trusting

Updated

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

You can pay for Viber Out credits which can be used to call landline and mobiles in Ireland or anywhere abroad. Call prices are cheaper than that charged by Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I picked up a few mp3 albums on play music of stuff I'd liked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

sth_safal wrote: »
    You can pay for Viber Out credits which can be used to call landline and mobiles in Ireland or anywhere abroad. Call prices are cheaper than that charged by Three.

Thanks.
    The 9.99 cost 10.99 though.

How much cheaper? I guess you can't get any worse than three for landlines I was on the phone for less than a minute to landline and cost over a euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Thanks.
    The 9.99 cost 10.99 though.

How much cheaper? I guess you can't get any worse than three for landlines I was on the phone for less than a minute to landline and cost over a euro

They used to be the same amount few months back but recently changed so there is 50 cents tax/extra if you buy 4.99 viber credit and a euro extra for 9.99.

Costs to Ireland are 2 cents for landline and 9.2 for mobile .. Three charges around 39 cents so there is a good saving. Call quality is not bad if you have a good 4G/Wi-Fi connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Pretty sure it does!
    Can be activated on multiple devices at the same time so I see no reason why it wouldn’t
    https://support.google.com/googleplaymusic/answer/3139562?hl=en

Thanks,
    I was trying on PC and couldn't find.
    Have just located by trying to subscribe through my Android.
    Still not sure I'm ready to commit to 9.99 per month, and don't have that much spare credit built up at the moment.
    It does give me a reason to save it up again though.

Thanks for the thread

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Thanks for all of these suggestions.

Please keep them coming.

Do you all mind adding if it is Android or IO'S compatible, or on what device you can confirm it works?

Thank You OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Do you all mind adding if it is Android or IO'S compatible, or on what device you can confirm it works?

Carrier billing not supported by IOS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

An app i use and pay for with credit is LastPass. Will store all your passwords for you and will generate really strong passwords when needed. You can have a different password on every site and not have to remember any of them. Just your master password.

Having said that, I can't remember what I'm getting over the free version. It's around €7 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

Thanks for all of these suggestions.

Please keep them coming.

Thank You OP.

use the credit to vote your favorite SONG ( NOT country ) on tomorrow's Eurovision contestyou

tip: if you didn't see any (pseudo)performances in the semi-finals, it's a good idea to just listen the songs on youtube, eurovision site or else.
    Warning : if you look at the performance on stage, your senses could be skewed by some visual xxxcensoredxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Wheety wrote: »
    An app i use and pay for with credit is LastPass. Will store all your passwords for you and will generate really strong passwords when needed. You can have a different password on every site and not have to remember any of them. Just your master password.

Having said that, I can't remember what I'm getting over the free version. It's around €7 a year.

I had the paid version when you had to have it for LastPass on mobile devices but you can use it on device for free now.

This is that I've been doing since I switched back to 3. It's a no-brainer. I just checked, and my last €5 top up was before Xmas. Shows how little I make calls to landlines, or to people that wouldn't have some sort of VOIP capable app on their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

How do you purchase viber out credit?

I have unused Tesco mobile credit I'd like to use.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks

Go to Viber out in the sliding menu within Viber. Select a credit amount to purchase and choose to pay using Google Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Basil3 wrote: »
    Go to Viber out in the sliding menu within Viber. Select a credit amount to purchase and choose to pay using Google Play.

I've just done this and I'm given 3 options to pay.

1) credit or debit card
    2) PayPal
    3) redeem code.

I was asking how do I use my Tesco mobile credit to pay

1) credit or debit card
    2) PayPal
    3) redeem code.

I don't think you can use Tesco credit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭cletus

1) credit or debit card
    2) PayPal
    3) redeem code.

I had a similar query, raised it on the Tesco mobile forum, the rep there told me they don't support this type of payment, and have no plans to start supporting it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Maybe thread title could be changed to incorporate three/vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

Thanks

viber out is available as a << in app purchase >>
    to use the phone credit the only option is through carrier billing , and that's available only if you're with three or vodafone network in ireland

I could only buy the 9.99 option with credit

The others were credit card only

sweetie wrote: »
    Maybe thread title could be changed to incorporate three/vodafone

Can no longer edit, a mod will have to do the editing from now on i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Is anyone having issues paying for apps on the play store on three?

I get as far as clicking on carrier billing, but then an error pops up saying 'too risky, try again in 30 minutes'

• Advertisement

Kencollins wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues paying for apps on the play store on three?

I get as far as clicking on carrier billing, but then an error pops up saying 'too risky, try again in 30 minutes'

Not in the last few days anyway been buying a few things off em

Advertisement