Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

according to gareth a Davies Chisora got £3m for last night and fury £20m

that should be plenty to help Chisora retire now, people are saying the trilogy with Whyte would be good but doesn’t he need any more rounds, he took a fair few blows last night and fury took his foot off the gas for most of the fight I think

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

The fight was a farce as expected.

Then another farce with Usyk and Fury facing each other, while Fury shouts a load of abuse to a man who doesn’t speak English.

Boxing fans really get treated like they’re pretty stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So it’s likely Joyce next. Fury seems to be already implying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Boxing hasn't changed , fighters always goaded each other its entertainment and fans like to see it, usyk understands English too. fury respectfully shook his hand at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

In fairness to Chisora he stayed going last night when others would have quit. I'd like to see him hang up the gloves and retire to his only fans account.

Fury is levels above. Hopefully Usyk in April.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Seems hearn is wrong again, predicted 30k in attendance, the more he speaks the more it comes across how clueless he is or just bitter.

Did Larena even land a knockdown punch for the knockdowns?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Didn’t look like it. Did Dubois heel just recover he was walking normally afterwards it seems

I watched highlights and from what I saw the knockdowns were nothings. But if they were counted/recorded by the referee as knockdowns, well.

Post edited by walshb on

the stadium was nearly full for that face off and the fans loved it, usyk understands english more than he lets on hes no fool and just doesnt want to engage with the media or fury

• Advertisement

Eddie hearn on ifltv said chisroa should retire but it was only a couple of months ago he wanted to send him in against wilder

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think there was a hit for the first one at least, It was more than Dubois' dodgy footwork - he stuimbled back and went over badly on his right ankle if I remember. After that I think the other two were more the ankle which seemed to recover as the fight went on.

I am pretty sure Dubois asked McGuigan what happened when he was sat in his corner at the end of the first round. There was certainly three counts anyways.

I assume Fury was 9 rds to nil up when it was stopped?

Usyk is always up for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Haven't seen the actual judges cards but yes.

Dan Rafael was quite vocal on twitter saying Chisora was in danger of being killed. I have to say he didn't look/sound right in the video of them having burgers in the dressing room.

I was laughed at when I said Fury likely wins pretty much every second of the fight. Shameful match really. But not the first, and won’t be the last.

I see Fury’s AJ obsession continues. Now blaming the Chisora beating on AJ not stepping up..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

well aj could have taken that beating but he declined.

if fury wasnt calling aj out, people would say he s avoiding him, furys leagcy will stand test of time, ajs legacy is in tatters.

Fury-Joyce is a great fight to make. Not as great as Fury-Usyk, but up there.

It really is incredible the difference a trainer makes, wsnt much of a fan of fury under his uncle but hes all action now and landing good power shots regularly rather then that tipping and moving shite peter fury encourages. Def showing hes not pillow fisted as was suggested most of his career.

• Advertisement

If Chisora retires now I think Fury will be the first and last man to beat him. I think Fury handed him his 1st loss.

He told radio Rahim that he doesn’t want to go out like this but that could change today when he really starts to feel the pain

I don’t remember anyone laughing nor arguing that Chisora would win a round. You’ve created a siege mentality there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Who would even laugh?

The Fury fans????

The hordes of del boy fans??

It was actually every second of the fight..anyway, just a birra’ stoking. The forum is kinda dead.

Roll on Fury/Usyk. Let’s hope “Fury’s contract” that he sends to Usyk has more than few days deadline..

i dont think fury will be sending anyone a contract for this fight it will be a mutual agreement between parties and the host of the event (prince khalid i think)was at spurs last night to get the ball rolling

Ha! I know you said every second but the fact that no one argued for Chisora to win a round hardly suggests you were ridiculed for your opinion. We all knew. hmm I know, I expected a bit more entertainment for saying foreman was actually ****

he will want that belt that contract will be lucrative!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The one thing you can't take away from Chisora is that he's a real warrior, he would have kept going if you let him.

Have to be honest, I think even Fury felt sorry for him. It looked like he backed off a bit for a few rounds when he hurt him.

Chisora shouldn't go out like this, he should have one more fight against a fellow old pro. Hopefully get the win and get the standing ovation when it's over that he certainly deserves for all the thrilling fights he's entertained us with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I honestly don’t think so. He just shouldn’t be taking any more punishment at all. He needs to be protected from himself. I found that backstage video of himself and fury very uncomfortable to watch. Del was like an old man in his chair unable to move, eat or talk with a blanket over him while Fury looks like he had just been down the Gym.

• Advertisement

Totally agree he should retire now and be thankful to have been involved in world title fights where he was grossly outmatched. Added to that he fought lots of top 5/10 guys and from about 33 years of age produced his best performances.

Whyte is one more ko or rsf defeat from being in the same position. Joshua not much better off than that either. And Wilder himself I can see getting into trouble a few too many times

Advertisement