Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Hi Mick,

Looking for a Wooden bed (Queen) with some space underneath. Nothing ornate if possible.

We've ridden the **** out of the current one for the last twenty years, so looking for an upgrade (of the bed).

Will need delivery obv....

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Hi Mickey
    I am in the market for a memory foam double mattress fully un-sprung. I am looking for something mid/top of the range, don't mind spending a bit more if it is worth.
    After reading several opinions it looks like these mattress retain a lot of heat and for this reason it would be appropriate to get a model with a so called "cooling-gel" layer on top: would you have anything that match these requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Hi

Correction.

The Laura Ashley has 2 supports and not 3 .

It has a metal support bar and metal legs with sprung timber slats.

Here is a like to the divan type

https://www.harrisonspinks.co.uk/harrison/seasonal-turn

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

hi, can only see mattress's on that site. I'd be interested in the divan also

• Company Representative Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Hi Mick,

Looking for a Wooden bed (Queen) with some space underneath. Nothing ornate if possible.

We've ridden the **** out of the current one for the last twenty years, so looking for an upgrade (of the bed).

Will need delivery obv....

Cheers.

Hi Johnny_Fontane,

Well done Johnny! 20 years of constant research and development is good for any bed nowadays!

Is it a 5ft wide or 6ft wide bed frame that you need as queen can sometimes be referred to both of these sizes.

Thanks

BigMickey

darconio wrote: »
    Hi Mickey
    I am in the market for a memory foam double mattress fully un-sprung. I am looking for something mid/top of the range, don't mind spending a bit more if it is worth.
    After reading several opinions it looks like these mattress retain a lot of heat and for this reason it would be appropriate to get a model with a so called "cooling-gel" layer on top: would you have anything that match these requirements?

Hi Darconio,

Memory foam mattresses can retain body heat but every person reacts to them differently depending on their on body heat.

Gel mattresses are similar to memory foam but they keep you cool. Our Crystal 2000 mattress is very popular and would be in the high end range. It does contain a pocket spring system but it is an encapsulated pocket spring system. Please see link attached and let me know if you have any questions; https://bigmickey.ie/product/crystal-2000-pocket-gel-memory-encapsulated/

Thanks

BigMickey

• Advertisement

tinner777 wrote: »
    hi, can only see mattress's on that site. I'd be interested in the divan also

Hi tinner777,

What size and colour had you in mind? Do you need drawers?

Thanks

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Hi Johnny_Fontane,

Well done Johnny! 20 years of constant research and development is good for any bed nowadays!

Is it a 5ft wide or 6ft wide bed frame that you need as queen can sometimes be referred to both of these sizes.

Thanks

BigMickey

standard 5ft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Hi Johnny_Fontane,

Thanks

BigMickey

Jonny should be sponsored a bed and mattress as a bigmickey bedtester!

standard 5ft

Hi Johnny_Fontane,

I have attached the link to our website where all the wooden bed frames are available to view, but I have linked some of our most popular models;

https://bigmickey.ie/product-category/king-size-bed-frames/?filter_bed-type=wooden

https://bigmickey.ie/product/julian-bowen-salerno-wooden-bed-frame/

https://bigmickey.ie/product/madison-bed-frame-3/

https://bigmickey.ie/product/julian-bowen-amsterdam-lfe-bed-frame/

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks

BigMickey

Hi tinner777,

What size and colour had you in mind? Do you need drawers?

Thanks

BigMickey

king, for a bigger geezer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Hi Darconio,

Memory foam mattresses can retain body heat but every person reacts to them differently depending on their on body heat.

Gel mattresses are similar to memory foam but they keep you cool. Our Crystal 2000 mattress is very popular and would be in the high end range. It does contain a pocket spring system but it is an encapsulated pocket spring system. Please see link attached and let me know if you have any questions; https://bigmickey.ie/product/crystal-2000-pocket-gel-memory-encapsulated/

Thanks

BigMickey

Thanks for your reply, I' d rather go for something fully un-sprung. I had my eyes on this Cool 70 actually

https://bigmickey.ie/product/cool-70-mattress-2/

that seem to have a layer of cooling foam, not sure it would achieve the same results as the cooling gel, but in case, would that model be suitable? Do you have anything else similar or better than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Hi Big Mickey

I'm looking for two Double beds with Drawers including Mattress in beige or grey have you anything?

Delivered to South Galway

king, for a bigger geezer :pac:

Hi,

We have king (5ft) divan bases starting from €150. you can upgrade and get a stronger one for €199. You can also customise colour and fabric after that for €50 extra. If you need drawers, they are €40 extra per drawer.

Thanks

BigMickey

darconio wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, I' d rather go for something fully un-sprung. I had my eyes on this Cool 70 actually

https://bigmickey.ie/product/cool-70-mattress-2/

that seem to have a layer of cooling foam, not sure it would achieve the same results as the cooling gel, but in case, would that model be suitable? Do you have anything else similar or better than that?

Hi darconio,

Regarding the cool70 mattress, we don't sell very many of these so I'm unable to give my opinion on them but I am sure they are a fine mattress. They are a special request item and we don't keep them in stock but our supplier is showing stock of them at the minute.

If you are not in any major panic, we have natural latex mattresses that I can get made for you in your double size but our supplier is temporarily closed due to COVID19.

Thanks

BigMickey

Bazzy wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey

I'm looking for two Double beds with Drawers including Mattress in beige or grey have you anything?

Delivered to South Galway

Hi Bazzy,

We have wheat/beige or grey drawer bases in stock. How many drawers would you be looking for in each bed, 2 or 4?

What type of quality mattresses are you looking for? Cheap, middle of the road or high end?

Thanks

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hi bigmickey.

I'm looking for a double mattress - the Vogue you linked earlier looks ideal. What's the timescale on delivery in Dublin and do you take the old mattress?

Hi bigmickey.

I'm looking for a double mattress - the Vogue you linked earlier looks ideal. What's the timescale on delivery in Dublin and do you take the old mattress?

Hi Killbillvol2,

PM sent

Thanks

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Hi Bazzy,

We have wheat/beige or grey drawer bases in stock. How many drawers would you be looking for in each bed, 2 or 4?

What type of quality mattresses are you looking for? Cheap, middle of the road or high end?

Thanks

BigMickey

Hi 2 on each would be perfect

They are for my twin boys there 5 what mattress would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Hi Big Mickey,
    Looking for a makeup table in white. No need for mirror as buying one one of those hollywood mirrors seperate. Also a matching bedside locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Got my bed and new mattress from big Mickey the other day very impressed with the service and the bed,

There was a delay in the mattress thanks to dpd only sending the bed 1st and then the mattress the next day,

Will use again for stuff

• Advertisement

Hi,

We have king (5ft) divan bases starting from €150. you can upgrade and get a stronger one for €199. You can also customise colour and fabric after that for €50 extra. If you need drawers, they are €40 extra per drawer.

Thanks

BigMickey

Strong one, two drawers, faux leather chocolate, I'm in cork. Pm me a price mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Mick,
    After a small two seater sofa. 100cm deep approx and 160cm wide. Anything on offer?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Bazzy wrote: »
    Hi 2 on each would be perfect

They are for my twin boys there 5 what mattress would you recommend?

Hi Bazzy

Our big seller in the mid range is the Vogue, You get a discount of 100 if you buy as a set. Bed and mattress is 399 euro and drawers are 40 each extra. All are in stock for quick delivery. There is also a 5 year warranty on them. If you want cheaper then we also have in stock.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Hi Big Mickey,
    Looking for a makeup table in white. No need for mirror as buying one one of those hollywood mirrors seperate. Also a matching bedside locker.

Hi Fingers Mcginty

We have both single and double dressing tables in white. They come fully assembled . Should have a bedside locker to match. 2 dr lockers at 65 euro and 3 dr for 85 euro. Single dresser from 199 and double dresser from 299.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Got my bed and new mattress from big Mickey the other day very impressed with the service and the bed,

There was a delay in the mattress thanks to dpd only sending the bed 1st and then the mattress the next day,

Will use again for stuff

Hi again.

Glad to hear that your mattress was delivered afterwards. We normally deliver the vast majority of items with our own transport but due to Covid 19 we sent your order with DPD due to your location. Hopefully you are sleeping well. Thanks for your business and your patience with DPD.

Bigmickey.ie

Hi Mick,
    After a small two seater sofa. 100cm deep approx and 160cm wide. Anything on offer?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Hi

Have plenty of odd sofas but will have to get the measuring tape out. Will check and let you know

Regards

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi

Have plenty of odd sofas but will have to get the measuring tape out. Will check and let you know

Regards

Bigmickey.ie

Something neat and tidy do the job

Strong one, two drawers, faux leather chocolate, I'm in cork. Pm me a price mate

Hi

We will check stock in the morning. Does it have to be brown leather ?

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭roverjoyce

Hi Mick

Looking for a 4ft 6 mattress - medium price range and fairly firm
    Can you include a price for frame with drawers as well

I might upgrade

Delivery is to Galway
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Hey Mickey,

Any king size hybrid mattress in stock like the Eve or Simba?

If so how much including delivery?

Advertisement