Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super Rugby 2020

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I told you!!! THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!

You're like the mayo footballers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You're like the mayo footballers :D

**** you!! How dare you compare me to a bunch of inbred culchies! 😆 And the Blues have at least won silverware this century. Mayo hasn't won **** in my lifetime.

Reds just scored a worldie against the saders..... Some game here.

Saders 24 - 20 with 6 mins left

Oli jager, for a 24 yo, looks like a man twice his age!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Reds are incredibly young aren't they? Played some great rugby, Harry Wilson and Fraser McReight will be excellent players for a long time. Crusaders weren't as accurate as they usually are and seemed almost passive a lot of the time.

• Advertisement

Reds are incredibly young aren't they? Played some great rugby, Harry Wilson and Fraser McReight will be excellent players for a long time. Crusaders weren't as accurate as they usually are and seemed almost passive a lot of the time.

I though reds were very very clever in how they augmented the breakdown.... And I definitely think thorn was behind this deliberate tactic.

On a tackle the closest red player was running across the line of the closest sader support runner, thus slowing down the recycle significantly... And in a few cases, allowing time for single or double jacklers to turn the ball over. Crusaders love to play off quick ball and they have fantastic first man / one man clean outs to provide this platform. reds messed with that all game.

All aboard the blues train... Choo choo

The Blues were magnificent this morning. I'm gutted that the coronavirus is going to stop them winning their first title in 17 years 😡

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

And Super Rugby is gone too.

Jaguares-Highlanders cancelled, declared a draw as Super Rugby belatedly suspend season https://the42.ie/5046746

Two points than we would have got.

That's probably the season finished

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Some 7's players have tested positive in Australia, so Rugby Australia has closed its headquarters now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Australian Super Rugby teams, including the triumphant return of the Western Force, looking to start back up a domestic competition in April.
    The continuation of the competition in Australia will involve the four Australian teams playing within Australia only, in a round robin home-and-away format beginning on April 3. Discussions are continuing at SANZAAR level and with competition broadcasters on the specifics of the draw and Finals Series. All matches would be played in closed venues in line with current Australian Government restrictions on public gatherings.

Following the unfortunate withdrawal of Japan’s Sunwolves, who are part of the Australian Super Rugby conference, due to new travel restrictions imposed by the Australian Government on Thursday, Rugby Australia has approached the Western Force to join the four Australian Super Rugby teams to play in the new proposed domestic model.

https://australia.rugby/news/2020/03/20/revised-competition-super-season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭PMC83

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Australian Super Rugby teams, including the triumphant return of the Western Force, looking to start back up a domestic competition in April.

https://australia.rugby/news/2020/03/20/revised-competition-super-season

Interesting alright. I wonder will they get the nod to stay in Super Rugby next year. If so, I'd imagine Rapid Rugby will be canned pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

PMC83 wrote: »
    Interesting alright. I wonder will they get the nod to stay in Super Rugby next year. If so, I'd imagine Rapid Rugby will be canned pretty quickly.

What is Rapid Rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

What is Rapid Rugby?
    competition ran by owner of western force after they finished up in super rugby where they play some Asian and Pacific island sides.

https://www.allblacks.com/news/investec-super-rugby-aotearoa-gets-the-green-light

New Zealand Rugby (NZR) has welcomed the Government’s announcement today that professional rugby and netball will resume at COVID-19 alert level two.
    “For our fans, our players and everyone involved in Investec Super Rugby, we are thrilled that the Sports Minister has given the green light for professional sport to resume at level two,” said NZR Chief Executive Mark Robinson.

“Both netball and rugby have been working closely with Government agencies on what training and playing at level two could look like, and we are incredibly grateful for their support.”

“As soon as the country announces what date we move to alert level two, we will be able to confirm what date Investec Super Rugby will kick off.”

Investec Super Rugby Aotearoa involves New Zealand’s five teams - the Blues, Chiefs, Hurricanes, Crusaders and Highlanders – and has been developed by NZR in conjunction with SANZAAR, the Super Rugby clubs and the NZ Rugby Players’ Association (NZRPA).

The five teams will play each other home and away over 10 weeks, with two matches every weekend. All matches will be played in closed stadiums.

“Kiwi rugby fans love the local Investec Super Rugby derbies, and they will now have 10 consecutive rounds to enjoy,” said Robinson.

He said the players would need three to four weeks to adequately prepare with contact training before matches could commence.

“We’re delighted for our fans that in a best-case scenario we will have top-quality rugby back on our screens next month. I know the players would prefer to be playing in front of our fans, but the health and safety of Kiwis must come first.”

I'll take that at this stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I know a lot of us already watch Super Rugby. But throwing my hat in the ring as a Chiefs fan again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Anyone have a loose idea of what weekend this might start?

aloooof wrote: »
    Anyone have a loose idea of what weekend this might start?

There will be an announcement on May 11 as to when they will lift to level 2 from 3.

Id imagine it could be a week or two after that announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

This seems to be the plan for the immediate future, after the government eases restictions....

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/nzs-super-rugby-aotearoa-5-teams-20-games-10-weeks-20200507

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Fixture list confirmed. Super Rugby to return to NZ on June 13th for 10 weeks.

https://i.redd.it/hkaxe4oxd2y41.jpg

As it's an internal competition, they don't need to move kick off times for television audiences in SA so, instead of games kicking off at 7am at we're accustomed to in full Super Rugby, they'll be kicking off at 4am and 6am Irish time, unfortunately.

Buer wrote: »
    Fixture list confirmed. Super Rugby to return to NZ on June 13th for 10 weeks.

https://i.redd.it/hkaxe4oxd2y41.jpg

As it's an internal competition, they don't need to move kick off times for television audiences in SA so, instead of games kicking off at 7am at we're accustomed to in full Super Rugby, they'll be kicking off at 4am and 6am Irish time, unfortunately.

I am just so happy that there will be live rugby again. I might actually get up early to watch some of the matches rather than recording them to watch later.

with a couple of weeks to go to super rugby aotearoa, im starting back up the superbru predictor game

anyone interested just follow the link below

Join boards.ie SR 2020, my Super Rugby Restart league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

https://www.superbru.com/superrugbyrestart/pool.php?p=12237081

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

delitops

Excited for this

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Dan Carter back in super rugby? Reports that he has signed for the Blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

KevinK wrote: »
    Dan Carter back in super rugby? Reports that he has signed for the Blues!

Really came out of nowhere! Apparently he was back in Auckland with his family during lockdown and I suppose it makes sense for him to stay on there. Whether he'll actually get much/any game time is another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It'll be interesting to see if he gets any game time and possibly put Beauden at 15.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets any game time and possibly put Beauden at 15.

Otere Black will have something to say about that.

I can Carter used as injury and rest cover from the bench, getting the odd 20 min run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Would love to see Carter go back to where he played the majority of his early pro rugby at 12 and see what himself and Barrett could conjure up. I doubt that will happen though and can see him being used fairly sparingly.

Advertisement