Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fallout 76

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any recommendations where i can find starred enemies to kill?

It's pretty much just any legendary enemy, which will appear around the map randomly. Some legendaries are also guaranteed from some events.

Basically it's a "spend some time engaging with the world" quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I find the uranium fever event good for legendary spawns.
    Leader of the pack is easy and should get you a couple of legendaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks lads, gonna check out those events if near my level. Speaking of, I'm picking up a lot of 50+ weapons i have to drop because i can't carry them until i get back to my stash. I'm sure I'll get plenty of good weapons when i actually hit 50 but annoying I'm getting so many when I'm stuck with the same underlevelled weapons mostly. Had a class sniper but it broke on me last night and repair kits seem to be the rarest thing in appalachia.

Workbench repair not an option?

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Workbench repair not an option?

What.......

I mean i thought you could repair weapons at a bench but i have a vague memory of trying it and it saying i needed a repair kit? Don't tell me i could have been repairing weapons without a kit for the last 24 hours of gameplay.

• Advertisement

What.......

I mean i thought you could repair weapons at a bench but i have a vague memory of trying it and it saying i needed a repair kit? Don't tell me i could have been repairing weapons without a kit for the last 24 hours of gameplay.

Yep.once you have the materials...repair kit are just for when you don't have the stuff to fix the weapon/armour.

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Yep.once you have the materials...repair kit are just for when you don't have the stuff to fix the weapon/armour.

:pac:

HastyBrilliantHoiho-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

So i think I'm near the end of the vanilla quest, just hit level 26 and have to get 10 commendations for the enclave and it looks like it's gonna be a bit of a pain. Any recommendations where i can find starred enemies to kill? I already did the enclave event with the bots but not sure how often that spawns!

Also tried Nuclear Winter for the first time just to get my SCORE up for a nice 2500 caps and found it surprisingly fun.

Big monsters will get you one - deathclaws, snallygasters, grafton monsters etc - there are lots of those with fixed spawn points.

Any starred enemy will get you one - do the Leader of the Pack event to pick up 3 different legendary wolves...

When you're using a weapons/armour/PA bench, there are two separate buttons - one for workbench repair, and one for repair kit.

You can get more repair kits from SBQ.
    Like I said, the game is stingy enough with inventory size and if you're a hoarder like me that +1 strength is going to be a necessity for my tank melee character.

My 370 carry weight when I'm wearing the expanded backpack laughs at that statement :pac:
    And let's not think about those people who run Bloodied Unyielding...

Yeah, dunno how I missed the 2nd repair option, must have been in a rush first time I checked. Thanks lads.

Did the leader of the pack and a few enclave events, up to 9 commendations, last one should come soon enough!

Someone dropped a nuke on Whitespring resort, right outside my camp on the cliff overlooking the resort. Birdseye view of the bomb dropping and mushroom cloud, first time seeing that, fairly class.

• Advertisement

So, is launching a nuke in "I am become death" supposed to be really ****ing hard? I have my biometric card, lasers disabled, shutdown reactor and just have to repair pipes all the wile whit 50 killer bots and savage radiation +20-30 constant.

I guess I could take some rad meds to keep it at bay but the robots are way too much. My sledge is doing okay with walking guys but ceiling turrets are a nightmare. Any tips?

Nvm, looked up a few things and you need level 3 hacking and lockpicking to handle the robots which comes at level 38, 10 levels above me. Wasted all my ammo and health on it. Went back to my camp and started the wastelanders quest for the treasure hunt and having fun again so will keep at it and come back to the launch the nukes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/todd-howard-there-was-very-little-we-didnt-screw-up-on-fallout-76-launch/

Interesting article here about the launch of 76 from the developers perspective.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Started playing this last night as its currently on PS+. Spent a couple of hours wandering around farming and unlocking map locations before getting wrecked by some Protectrons. Definitely one I can see myself pouring some time into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Speaking of which, any hints for a total n00b?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Try and use player camps to buy ammo and stimpaks from their vendors where possible. The vast majority of players sell all kinds of ammo for 1 cap per round.

I think the game is actually easier now than it used to be but for the first 30 odd levels when I started I was constantly struggling to survive and have enough ammo, but I was wasting a lot of caps buying it from robot vendors where it's ridiculous prices.

Us higher levels have an absolute ****-ton of stuff, so feel free to ask for a bit and/or wait for someone to just randomly pop by and drop loads 🤣

Any advice please? I reinstalled this as I was craving a FO fix. I loaded up my character, level 32, I was beside a main mission, Find Ra-Ra'. Outside the factory were super mutants that were also level 32. My most powerful weapon (that i have ammo for) is a magnum but the mutants ate about 15 shots before going down. Taking on multiple is out of the question so i leg inside to be met by protectrons who melted me with lasers while my magnum did very little to them. They were also level 32.

So, am i just at a tough mission, are my weapons underlevelled, so i just need to find better weapons?

I know I'll get really get into this game again but I seem to have hit a wall.

Another example is i tried the launch a nuke which i think is end game for the base content? But i get absolutely melted inside the bunker.

I'm a solo player on PS, maybe I stick to side quests to level up and find better loot,?

You're at the point of the game that is probably the most infuriating — you've left the early levels and thus the enemies are starting to get much more HP and more resistances, while you haven't yet gotten to the point of having a good set of gear and perks. The more you level up, the more you'll get and the easier in theory it will get. Do check your weapons though, you could be leaving some damage on the table if they are not of the optimal level for you right now (weapons will generally come in more damaging versions every 10 levels).

Nuke runs on the other hand, yea that will almost definitely melt you if you're not geared 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah I think Level 32 is pretty low for that quest. Not inherently but because you probably don't have good gear. Forget what level certain guns top out at, some are 30, 35, 50, etc. But get the AK47 or the .45 automatic (forget what it's called) and ensure they are levelled up to the max with perks before trying again. A magnum ain't gonna cut it unless it's got god tier rolls and you have the supporting perk cards for it.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. I said I'd go around to do some side quests and misc stuff but can't up against same level scorched ghouls that were a pain to deal with as well, I feel so weak against common enemies it's weird so i definitely need to find some better weapons and upgrades. I fast traveled to my camp for a break (cool spot on top of a cliff) bit fast travel usually puts me half way down the cliff so I'm gonna have to move it. Get to my camp and 3 rad scorpions spawned and wrecked me, feel like a level 1 character.

I've also not put much thought into my special either with perks all over the place so must go over that.

As for missions, i have the Brotherhood and responders add on quests to do but put off by my current gear.

Your CAMP fast travel arrival point is basically a certain distance directly due north of where the CAMP module is currently placed; and you will spawn facing the direction you were facing when you first placed the CAMP module down.

Decided to give this a go again after a break of couple years.

Update: am having lot of fun

Lots of new stuff added in that time, you should have plenty to keep you happy.

Advertisement