Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Please welcome new weather moderator - redsunset

2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Congrats redsunset, good luck with helping to restore order in the mega-whirlwind of emotions that is the weather forum during winters of late! I too have read your threads but they tend to go way over my head :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Good choice. Welcome redsunset!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Good decision well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Thank you all for the kind words. I can't guarantee us Snowstorms, Thunderstorms, Heat waves, Wind storms or what ever else takes your fancy. Mother nature will decide that for us.

The Weather Forum at Boards.ie is a home I discovered a few years ago and was simply overwhelmed at the majority of like minded people in the one place. I love all kinds of Weather and do have a favourite, I think you know by now what that is:D, but I respect everyone's preference. Everyone's uniqueness is what makes this an amazing place, provided your behaving yourself.

Recent events created a dark cloud in here and I have been disappointed with how some have reacted, however we must start afresh, leave all the bitterness behind us and move forward in helping to make this forum a fun place to visit for all types of weather enthusiasts.

I ask of you to respect one another, Try to keep on topic and know that we will not tolerate personal abuse hurled at another for whatever reason you might feel it warranted.

There is a new dawn soon and I look forward to reading everyone's posts.

I will do my best to help make your passion for Weather all the more fun.:)
    Be Good

Over an out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I know you will do well Red ! Congrats ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Congratulations redsunset.. I wish you well in your new position. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Congratulations redsunset, I am sure you will be a breath of fresh air or should I say polar air :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Congrats from the sunny NW :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

From a long time lurker, great to see a regular becoming the new mod! Best of luck with a seriously tough position!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Congrats and Good luck :)

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Welcome to hell! :D:pac:

No seriously, great to see you accepted the job, you're a top candidate. I hope that after the heart to hearts that everyone's had lately that people will from now on pull together and make things easier for yourself, weathercheck and trogdor. And I hope that people will accept the decisions you make as being for the good of the forum. It's not easy being a mod, and some may try to make it harder, but you know better than anyone how the forum should work and I've no doubt you'll bring a breath of fresh air to it - now whether this air will be fresh enough or from an easterly enough direction for some people's taste I cannot tell, but that's for another day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Congrats redsunset.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Congrats redsunset, I'm sure you will do a great job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Congrats and Good Luck - (and if you do as well as Su did you'll be excellent) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Just repeating what's already been said but congrats redsunset, one of the most knowledgeable posters here so a great addition to the team

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

What they all said +1

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭kindredspirit

Congratulations RS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Wahay another Laois man, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Congrats Mr Sunset :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Congrats.
    Looking forward to enjoying the weather forum again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Congrats Redsunset, best of luck!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

congrats Redsunset

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Congratulations Redsunset, the very best of luck.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Big time congrats redsunset..hopefully the extra work doesn't limit your excellent and very informative posts:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

This is like one of those times where a team gets a new manager and they go on a run of success ! :pac:

Big Congrats Red :) its about time you were a Mod really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

congrats redsunset best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

All the best in your new roll Redsunset. I really enjoy your input and your knowledge on the sudden stratospheric warming thread, fantastic and interesting read. Mods made good choice.:)

Advertisement