Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Winter 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

WOW unbelievable night. Just had amazing series of thunder n lighning strikes, One huge bang awoke me from my slomber I then looked out the window and a minute later one HUGE flash apeaerred and actually hurt my eyes it was so Bright, instantly followed by another huge thunder rumble. Incredible. Currently typing on phone as electricity is off and as you see with no spell check on phone my terrible spelling has been exposed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Lightning here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

What happens if there is a thunderstorm while you are playing the wii?

Entertainment overload. Head explodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

What happens if there is a thunderstorm while you are playing the wii?

You get to play a special hidden bonus level with a weather related theme :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thunder in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Thunder in Galway

Pass it on.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Hadd some loud thunder here around 4am, probably more that didn't wake me, quite a while since I've seen the radar looking like this! Plenty of strikes right along the west coast

sfna1v.gif

It was an amazing thunderstorm last night, In the space of 5 minutes I seen 6 or 7 lightning flashes alone. I also seen fork lightning once. Impressive to say the least.
    Although the sound of thunder was very intimidating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/index.html

Never seen so many red lightning dots for this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

This image definitely deserves to be archived in the thread, don't think I've ever seen so many strikes over the country!

sfna1v.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Harps wrote: »
    This image definitely deserves to be archived in the thread, don't think I've ever seen so many strikes over the country!
    I think you meant to say "over one side of the country" because there's bugger all over this side :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

True that, east coast getting left out big time! Epic strike map tho, very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

my face right now:eek::eek: sweet mother of god.

seriously is there a way of archiving that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 patters

we have a sprinkling of snow on our tarmacadam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Lightning in sw, more on the way by the look of things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Couple of thunder claps heard overhead .. to go with a couple of power cuts we've had today

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Lightning in sw, more on the way by the look of things

If you click "I dag" on the top left of the screen it breaks it down to 3 hourly.

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 darol15

thunder and lightning and hail for lik 15 mins in cork ! all calm now do, by the looks of the met eireann radar should kick off again in about 30 mins :D

lightening strikes all over the place. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chris2007

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    lightening strikes all over the place. :eek:
    Where are you?

• Advertisement

chris2007 wrote: »
    Where are you?

should have point out i was looking at

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html

some close to cork coast as well, but didn't see anything my self :(

A few sparks this morning

185438.gif

I heard thunder this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hey everyone, didnt know exactly where to post this but with my faster broadband and bigger youtube allowance now and for a Christmas prezzie to all the people in the weather boards , i went along and re-edited my footage and made it just under the max hour.

Got a fright at the start when the sound wasnt working for the intro credits.
    But ye it comes on from the first scene in.

It takes long enough to load though because of the length of the video itself.
    So ye, even watch it in parts and let me know what yous think :)

Features : Lightnings ! , Gustnadoes! , HAIL AND MORE HAIL! ... A shockingly close lightning bolt! .... and of course.... 3 tornadoes!
    :)

ENJOY!
    Play this for the start ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jesus that wedge tornado is a sight to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, didnt know exactly where to post this but with my faster broadband and bigger youtube allowance now and for a Christmas prezzie to all the people in the weather boards , i went along and re-edited my footage and made it just under the max hour.

Got a fright at the start when the sound wasnt working for the intro credits.
    But ye it comes on from the first scene in.

It takes long enough to load though because of the length of the video itself.
    So ye, even watch it in parts and let me know what yous think :)

Features : Lightnings ! , Gustnadoes! , HAIL AND MORE HAIL! ... A shockingly close lightning bolt! .... and of course.... [SIZE="5"]3 tornadoes![/SIZE]
    :)

ENJOY!
    Play this for the start ;)

Its class. So jelous now

Ye pal , as you can see from our reactions it was quite crazy indeed! , Luckily , it turned away a few minutes prior of hitting a town.
    kwik wrote: »
    Its class. So jelous now

When i look back at it im still like... " woah... i still cant believe i got to witness all this! " :rolleyes:

Ye pal , as you can see from our reactions it was quite crazy indeed! , Luckily , it turned away a few minutes prior of hitting a town.
    Its class. So jelous now

When i look back at it im still like... " woah... i still cant believe i got to witness all this! " :rolleyes:
    Yeah and the lightining was epic. It must have last for hours.and that train is the longest train in ever likely to see in my life.

Yeah and the lightining was epic. It must have last for hours.and that train is the longest train in ever likely to see in my life.

Ye the lightning went on for ages at night! , and the lads even said it wasnt the best year for lightning! ha
    haha I KNOW!!... and theres my mate saying i should of cut that out ! ha :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Its class. So jelous now

Yeah and the lightining was epic. It must have last for hours.and that train is the
    longest train in ever likely to see in my life.

EDIT. Sorry about the spellings at times only looked after i posted it

Advertisement