Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alternative buying options (outside of public ads)?

• 23-10-2015 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

What are the best ways of finding out what properties are for sale but not advertised as such? i.e. off grid, private sales, stuff that is not advertised?

There is very little supply & a lot of demand in Galway city at the moment, and I'm willing to try all options as it has been bidding war after bidding war with the last 6 months.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Network a lot. Let everyone you know know that you are looking, and are serious about it.

That said, if you're a blow-in, I'd expect that there's a lot you won't be told about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You need to get to know every estate agent, let them know you what you are looking for and would appreciate a first walk through.

Pick area's you like and put a note through lots of doors, especially ones where it looks like an old person my have died and the house if gone to probate, if you see a skip being filled outside an older house, approach them ask is it being cleared out to put on the market... lots of leg work.

Check allspace auctions, adverts.ie ,done deal... but be weary of "those who refuse to use an EA", they might be nut jobs to deal with.

Put up your own add on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Look on buyand sell ,
    house for sale,
    most people use estate agent.s
    Drive around the area you are interested in.
    Look in your local papers .
    i,m not sure how some one could sell a house without advertising it.

Advertisement