Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a History Book please

Options
  • 18-01-2011 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Urgently looking for copy of "Simmerman Telegram", written by Barbara Tuchman. Can anyone assist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 casamala

Sorry, that should be:
    "Zimmerman Telegram" by Barbara Tuchman.
    Need copy urgently please.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Can you not buy it online?

Hi
    Have tried every 'normal' channel here, and difficult to get delivery from online shop.
    Managed to locate 1 copy in Library in Mayo, but they tell me to expect delivery to Dublin in approx 2 months!!.
    Just thought someone might have copy that we could borrow.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The first place I looked was amazon.co.uk and they list at least 10 different online retailers selling it (not all may send to Ireland though most should).

Both Milobooks and World of Books Ltd have copies.

I'll move this post to a forum where you may get more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Both the Book Depository and Amazon.com have it.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780345324252/The-Zimmermann-Telegram

http://www.amazon.com/Zimmermann-Telegram-Barbara-W-Tuchman/dp/0345324250

I'd go with the Book Depository - free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

casamala wrote: »
    Hi
    Have tried every 'normal' channel here, and difficult to get delivery from online shop.
    Managed to locate 1 copy in Library in Mayo, but they tell me to expect delivery to Dublin in approx 2 months!!.
    Just thought someone might have copy that we could borrow.
    Thanks

Hey there,

That doesn't make sense. If you are a member of almost any library authorities in Ireland you can use www.borrowbooks.ie. You just need your library card number and Mayo are definitely part of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

History forum better than Literature forum:)

Thanks for all help, I have ordered online & it should arrive shortly. Thanks for help

Advertisement