Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting to know you....

Options
  • 24-03-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

Evening Nocs.
    Yes, you've guessed it, yet ANOTHER activity rolling out here (well, if its popular)

As you may have seen on other forums (Fitness, Tats&piercings etc) there is a type of thread titled "In the well".
    Basically, a regular is asked questions on a thread, about various subjects.

Now, since we are a loose social forum, with many different roles and purposes, it wont be question on specific subjects.

But we wont be having it at random. first of we are going to vote for people we want to ask stuff. then, with their permission, a thread will be opened for a short period of time, and questions can be asked there.

It can be Nocturnal (Whats your fave Noc activity, fave thread, fave sig etc) or not (what is your favourite food, how much net stuff do you do etc etc)

so, this will be the prototype thread, anything unclear or confusing can be asked, and people you want to nominate for being asked stuff can be nominated here.

ok, Nocs, BEGIN!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok I'll put myself forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Nerin, LZ, or Monkeyfudge.

I also second 6ths shameless self promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

6th wrote: »
    Ok I'll put myself forward.

Can you explain to me cuz I'm confused?

star-pants wrote: »
    Can you explain to me cuz I'm confused?

It's like the question thread. But we nominate one person to answer everybody's questions. They have a go for a while then it's someone else's turn...

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

It's like the question thread. But we nominate one person to answer everybody's questions. They have a go for a while then it's someone else's turn...

I think.

correct. gold star

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i'd be up for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Nerin, LZ, or Monkeyfudge.

I also second 6ths shameless self promotion.

:eek::o Oh you!

Hmmm...

Kerash, Koth, Lolly22 and of course, Futurecrook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think.

oooooooooh I get it now :o

will we do it in order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

From passed experience it's better for the mods to just decide rather than leave it to the general population to decide. Since there's so many people and can't please everyone.

Take the people who've thrown their hat in the ring then decide amongst yourselves

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »
    will we do it in order?

I've seen something done similarly on a different forum and it was treated as a "first come, first serve" system. The posters didn't seem to mind and I guess you can't get more equitable than that system.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This has been done on A/R/T quite a bit too, it's fun :)

/nominates Nerin or Thaed

ok, new plan- we (mods) will pick random folk.
    to start, i will use the list already nominated.

anyone else that is cool with being nominated can say so in this thread,

since 6th was the first nominated (lol) before we set ground rules, he'll be first up.

then in order (and depending on whether they accept)

Nerin
    LZ
    Monkeyfudge
    Grames
    Kerash
    Koth
    Lolly22
    Futurecrook
    Thaed

after this, the mods shall pick at random.

ok 6th, come with me to your thread. you have three days to answer as many questions as possible/are comfortable with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,014 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I want to nominate God. I have questions for him. I know he's not officially a member but he lurks.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I want to nominate God. I have questions for him. I know he's not officially a member but he lurks.

thats great and all, but we arent doing user nominations now. ill ask him though, at the next religion and spirituality shareholders meeting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just go through the whole userlist alphabetically. :D

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'm okay to take part in this, at least till the questions start:P

If you can read this, you're too close!

I accept my nomination. Rule number one, there are no rules. Rule number 2, keep the questions tasteful.:p:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I would be willing to give this a shot.

I also accept my nomination. Im actually slightly looking forward to it. Although, if people are mean I cannot guarantee I will remain my usual happy non-stabby self... :P

• Advertisement

people that are rude and abusive, as well as posting any After Hours/Thunderdome style crap, will be severely punished.

they will receive a red card infraction for every charter breach in their post, and a possible perma ban from the Noc at mods discretion.

Im having zero tolerance of non regulars coming in and having a go at people here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think it should have a more noccy name too.

SDooM wrote: »
    I think it should have a more noccy name too.
    ooooh, any ideas? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ooooh, any ideas? :)

I'm a bit uncreative right now. been too long since I did a motivational poster. Hm.

Parliment of crows?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll do it and so will Dav ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

No I won't...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. I'm game.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

an interview thread? My favorite ice cream is chocolate and i hate people. sports suck. the end :)

SDooM wrote: »
    I'm a bit uncreative right now. been too long since I did a motivational poster. Hm.

Parliment of crows?

sounds a bit serious :p

• Advertisement

sounds a bit serious :p

How aboout "In the Noclight"? A play on In the Spotlight.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement