Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where not to live in Dublin??

• 31-08-2005 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

So am currently just sorting out where i intend to live for college. i have a few places below which i'm going to see tomorrow.

mountjoy square.
    Corner Dorset st. and gardiner st.
    north great georges st.

please post the not so hot place to live in northside dublin and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

The 3 places you mentioned are places I wouldn't want to live now. I lived on North Great George's Street and liked it. Basically those streets you mentioned aren't too bad on their own but the surrounding areas and routes too can be fatal. I lived in the North Inner city for over 4 years and I will say is it is dangerous but you don't realise untill you move out. Do you really need to live city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Where are you going to go to college?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Nedrac wrote:
    So am currently just sorting out where i intend to live for college. i have a few places below which i'm going to see tomorrow.

mountjoy square.
    Corner Dorset st. and gardiner st.
    north great georges st.

please post the not so hot place to live in northside dublin and why?

I live on Hill Street, which is one street over from Nth Great George's St. Hill Street isn't anything as nice as Georges, but I like it, and I haven't seen much trouble. You can also tell people you live on the Upper East Side, just north of Chinatown!

I'd much rather live where I am than on the corner of Dorset St and Gardiner St. Mountjoy Square is okay, but Nt Great Georges Street is your best bet I reckon, it's a really nice street.

Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Nedrac wrote:
    north great georges st.

Lived there for six years myself, around five years ago though so things have changed a lot.

It's still grand as far as i know you just have to keep your wits about you a bit but it's nothing more than common sense really.

Very central and I loved it at the time, can't say I miss it anymore I much prefer being out of the city nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

I'm going to dit but am going to be living with 2 guys from dcu and one from trinity so its to attempt to live in a place that suits all of us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Nedrac wrote:
    I'm going to dit but am going to be living with 2 guys from dcu and one from trinity so its to attempt to live in a place that suits all of us
    Fairview, Phibsborogh or Drumcondra might be a better idea considering where everybody is. Town really only suits two of you guys. You will probably get more room in a house let that way too. Generally it will be cheaper to be closer to DCU and probably better for 4 of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Fairview sounds like a good bet. reasonable rent too.

Advertisement