Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pet friendly rentals

Options
  • 23-08-2020 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys, any websites or advice on finding pet friendly rentals. Looking for something reasonably priced near Dublin but won't need to commute for quite a while so looking at maybe Meath or somewhere an hour away to reduce costs. Pet is a little dog. Thank you for any advice given. 😊😊😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭frank730

MJane wrote: »
    Hi guys, any websites or advice on finding pet friendly rentals. Looking for something reasonably priced near Dublin but won't need to commute for quite a while so looking at maybe Meath or somewhere an hour away to reduce costs. Pet is a little dog. Thank you for any advice given. ������

From my experience, nobody will adertise as pet friendly but a lot of landlords are very understanding, it's nearly better to have the conversation at viewing

MJane wrote: »
    Hi guys, any websites or advice on finding pet friendly rentals. Looking for something reasonably priced near Dublin but won't need to commute for quite a while so looking at maybe Meath or somewhere an hour away to reduce costs. Pet is a little dog. Thank you for any advice given. ������

In Dublin, generally speaking, forget it. I rented a property in westmeath, and at the time had two cats which were allowed by the LL but while looking, we encountered many LLs who wouldn't entertain us. Dogs especially seem to be very unwelcome(I'd love a dog! but won't entertain the notion until I have my own place).

If I was you, I'd be looking at Meath and Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

there is no doubt that pets add to the wear and tear. So a professional landlord knows the pets will cost an extra few bob over the course on a lease. And if they have 20 tenants beating down their door to rent, it makes business sense to choose the one least likely to do damage.

What you could do is try to find a property that doesn't have 20 people competing for it, eg move outside greater dublin area. And one that has the right facilities for looking after the dog, eg garden etc.

Then the prospect of a good respectable tenant who has a dog sounds a lot better. Not to mention that people & businesses outside of dublin do seem to be a little more pet friendly too, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MJane

I have been looking at Daft.ie and myhome.ie, any other good places to try? Thank you

Advertisement