Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Movie Ever: Competition

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

osh wrote: »
    That’s like Citizen Kane compared to the other one. It’s possibly the worst movie I’ve ever had the misfortune to watch.

I LOVE Rik Mayall in that. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

They're not in my top 5, but I reeeeeeeeeeeally enjoyed re-watching Oldboy, Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle while thinking about my list :)

Is light movie discussion allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd say you'd have to be careful - you're putting films into people's heads that might not have been there before, skews the list. You want the give that pop into their heads. Even if you talk about only crap films, one man's chunder is another man's cheddar.

Those are quality movies though, reminded me of another I didn't put on mine. 5 is not enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

In!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

In.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

24 entrants.
    88 unique entries
    17 that have more than one vote
    4 players that have made the top of my own personal rating list :)

Still plenty of time for more entries. Will start the knock-out stages Friday evening or Saturday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

In and PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Good on you Quickbeam, appreciate the time and effort. One rule should be added and that is Shawshank Redemption can't win!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭Evade

So with an 88 way tie for last place some of my weird choices have a chance then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I had my top 2 but after that is was very difficult,there was like 20 movies i could have chosen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Evade wrote: »
    So with an 88 way tie for last place some of my weird choices have a chance then?

Debbie Does Dallas isn't that weird a choice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Entered

106 unique entries
    31 submissions
    21 have more than 1 vote

In the interests of fairness, whatever number of 1s I need to reach 32 I'll randomise.

The seeds will be the ones with the most votes. I'm going with 8 seeds. Again, if there's any kind of tie, I'll randomise which go in to the seeding.

I will, however, be running each match in a random order, so you won't know which are the seeds, even if you can make a guess.

Loving this! Seeing the entries has been fun.

Most likely contest starting Saturday afternoon, as there'll be some drinks had on Friday so I won't be around to run :)

No excuse QB, a drunk reveal would be more fun.

How about a hungover reveal? :P

quickbeam wrote: »
    How about a hungover reveal? :P

Studies have shown that that is when people are most honest.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Sent.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Reveal thread up: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110865761#post110865761

Sign-ups still welcome however. I'll leave it open until just before the reveal starts.

Final 32 decided. Sign-ups closed. Voting to start .... imminently :)

Advertisement