Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hideaway home office desk?

Options
  • 23-09-2020 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right thread.

I am looking to to get a 'hideaway' home office desk. Saw a few on Amazon but won't deliver to Ireland.

Looking to conceal an Apple Mac for use during the day.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Not sure if this is the right thread.

I am looking to to get a 'hideaway' home office desk. Saw a few on Amazon but won't deliver to Ireland.

Looking to conceal an Apple Mac for use during the day.

Any recommendations?

A friend in work bought one of these said there great
    https://touch.adverts.ie/office-tables-chairs/fold-out-desk/21464009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

LenWoods wrote: »
    A friend in work bought one of these said there great
    https://touch.adverts.ie/office-tables-chairs/fold-out-desk/21464009

Thanks for that.

I am actually looking for something a bit larger, and something that would store a pc, basically hiding it away when not it use, keeping kids away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Deliver to Parcel Motel up North?

spurious wrote: »
    Deliver to Parcel Motel up North?

Ideally deliver direct. Are you suggesting Amazon or something similar?

Ideally deliver direct. Are you suggesting Amazon or something similar?
    addresspal will deliver directly to your home for a calculated fee,
    if you can find the estimated weight and size of the delivery, addresspal have a price list on there website,
    be sure to use the home delivery uk address and not the post office address when using the service for the desired results.

• Advertisement

Now all I need is the desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Now all I need is the desk.

You said you saw some on Amazon

Was looking for some suggestions/ideas of hideaway office desks that might be from an Irish based company. If I cannot find something I am prepared to use Amazon and at least now I have the info to have it delivered.

Was looking for some suggestions/ideas of hideaway office desks that might be from an Irish based company. If I cannot find something I am prepared to use Amazon and at least now I have the info to have it delivered.

AddressPal kept my car on the road during the countries full lockdown, I'm sure everyone has a story but I've never felt such relief;
    The battery in my car decided to stop holding charge three weeks in to full restrictions around the country; and I'm a skilled essential worker in the medical industry.

I couldn't find anywhere in Ireland to provide a replacement car battery in Ireland and there wouldn't be anyone else on the road to take the other end of my jump leads to get me started when the battery deteriorated slightly further.

Thankfully i managed to purchase a Bosch S5 car battery from a supplier in London on Amazon; shipping via AddressPal it arrived within a week and i fitted it myself;
    I'd have given anything at the time to keep my car on the road and my self isolated as much as possible; it was 17.5kg and only cost me €7.50 shipping to my local post office,

Brought my old battery to the recycle centre when restrictions eased.

Advertisement