Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This is a weird story I have to say

• 18-03-2015 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭

Yeah I know its the mirror

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/bikers-ride-waterford-target-crime-gripped-5351798
    A biker gang has rolled into a crime-gripped city in a bid to rid the area of drug dealers and criminality, the Irish Mirror can reveal.

The Freewheelers, who have been in operation since the 70s, are keeping a watchful eye
    over six mobs operating in Waterford.

They have been in touch with other groups who want to rid the city of the crimewave gripping the south-east.

While gardai have made dozens of arrests in recent months there are still a number of gangs terrorising working class communities.

Ballybeg has been one of the worst hit areas and the Freewheelers have decided to step up their surveillance.

The bikers’ official website states they have an open “don’t f**k with us” policy. Their club president wrote: “Our policy from day one was to keep Ireland free of international politics which to the most part 35 years later we have achieved.

“Our Alliance with the other 3 True Irish 1% clubs has been a major part of this policy and it is an Alliance which we intend to nurture into the future.

“The Freewheelers MC took a ‘Don’t F**k with Us’ attitude which still holds strong today.”

Sources confirmed to the Irish Mirror that the motorcycle club is on the radar of the gangs.

He said: “The Freewheelers are known all across Waterford. They have been around since the 70s.

“They don’t give a toss what people think of them and they’re sick of these scumbags around the place.

“They would have been around during a time where there was no massive gang trouble in the city. Now there is and you have to say the dealers are taking notice.

“There was one road that was notorious for dealing in and around Ballybeg. Now it’s like a ghost town.

“The gangs, especially the foreign ones, don’t like to admit it but they’re petrified of these guys.”

The Irish Mirror previously revealed how desperate young mums are being coerced into having sex with members of vicious moneylending gangs in the city to pay off debts.

Several of the cash-strapped women are understood to have fallen victim to the seedy trap as they struggle to pay back rip-off interest rates on short-term loans.

Gardai have crushed a number of the gangs behind the sordid exploitation but it is believed there are at least three plying their illicit trade in Waterford

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Sounds like the plot to a bad movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

SAMCRO SAMWAT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

This story seems to be completely made up, which is typical fare for the mirror.

They took some lines from Lenny's introduction on the Freewheeler's site, to make it look like they are vigilantes..

And then padded it with words from a "source" - in otherwards, they made it up.
    Freewheelers MC were founded in Waterford City Ireland in 1979, one of the first homegrown Irish 1% clubs to exist in Ireland in the 1970s. From the outset destined for the long haul we still have 6 original members from 12 that started in ’79.

Founded by John Blue O’Shea and Claudio Clau Giani who in 1979 had the vision to put together a club that has been and still is at the forefront of the Irish MC 1% scene ever since.

The make up of Freewheelers MC grew out of the ashes of the Waterford bike scene of the ‘70s and various clubs of the time like the Falcon MCC, Black Sheep MCC and the need to be a tight unit considering the gang warfare that had taken place with factions like the ”Boot Boys“ and later the mod revival of the late 70s and the various skirmishes that took place in that era.

The Freewheelers MC took a “Don’t **** with Us” attitude which still holds strong today.

The Brotherhood that is Freewheelers MC is as strong now as it was at the beginning and is a true bond. It is what we have lived for, it is what we would die for, it is what has made us what we are, true 1%er’s and brothers which is something that can be lost if numbers become the game which is all too often the case!!

Our policy from day one was to keep Ireland free of international politics which to the most part 35 years later we have achieved. Our Alliance with the other 3 True Irish 1% clubs has been a major part of this policy and it is an Alliance which we intend to nurture into the future.

Lenny 1% er,
    President,
    Freewheelers MC Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

funny if negative story but you said it, the mirror newspaper...top quality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

"I'm here to chew gum and KICK A55... and I'm all outta gum!!!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Wish it were true, having had some trouble with some of the less than polite members of the community in the past few months I know how bad it can be living here, even when the garda are doing all they can do it's still scarey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I remember hearing years ago(around the 1980s)that one of the reasons Waterford didn't have a heroin problem (as compared to Dublin) was because the bikies wouldn't tolerate anyone dealing in it. So there's some truth to the story.

Whether the bikies could stop it now, I doubt it. After all, these gangs are not even frightened of the gardai or courts let alone some bikies..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Shame they couldn't keep the Hell's Angels out of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Shame they couldn't keep the Hell's Angels out of Ireland.

.... Or Waterford

342385.jpg

H

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭MentalMario

That article should only be read with this playing in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

WLR reporting some commotion in Ballybeg yesterday - cars damaged etc.

A work colleague, from the area, was saying that the Free Wheelers had moved in to confront a certain family.

Anyone hear anything to confirm, or deny, this?

There's a movie called The Losers about a biker gang sent to Vietnam to fight the commies. How about a sequel called The Winners - a biker gang cleans up Waterford City of junkies, travellers, beggars, and Ciara Conway!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

fiachr_a wrote: »
    There's a movie called The Losers about a biker gang sent to Vietnam to fight the commies. How about a sequel called The Winners - a biker gang cleans up Waterford City of junkies, travellers, beggars, and Ciara Conway!
    ya may as well throw in deasy and coffey while your at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ya I've heard there's been some commotion out there and that it's bikers involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Yup heard the same. Bikers were outside the house of a "local criminal gang", which we all know who that means.

If only this old woman lived in Ballybeg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I really feel sorry for the decent people who live in those housing estates of Ballybeg, Lisduggan and Larchville.

i think the dutch have it right with this.
    AMSTERDAM is to create "scum villages" where nuisance neighbours and anti-social tenants will be exiled from the city and rehoused in caravans or containers with "minimal services" under constant police supervision.

The Dutch capital already has a squad of municipal officials to identify the worst offenders for a compulsory six-month course on how to behave.

Problem families who live in social housing or tenants who do not show an improvement or refuse to go to the special units face eviction and homelessness.

Eberhard van der Laan, Amsterdam's mayor, has tabled the €1m plan to tackle 13,000 complaints of anti-social behaviour every year. He complained that long-term harassment often led to law-abiding tenants, rather than their nuisance neighbours, being driven out.

"This is the world turned upside down," the mayor said.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/amsterdam-scum-town-to-house-antisocial-neighbours-28943064.html

Plenty of vacant islands off the West coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

A recently aquitted hammer yeilding loan-shark bully and prominent member
    of a well known settled traveler gang of bullies was at it again, only this time he picked the wrong victim. He chased the intended victim, of what was sure to be another vicious attack involving a hammer, into the victims house only to be confronted by victims father (who normally does not reside there).
    The bully on seeing the father dropped hammer and ran out of the house and jumped into his car, he was in such a state of fear on seeing the intended victims father that he lost control of the car, crashed into two parked cars, was then dragged from the car and got what was described as the "beating he deserved for all his and his families **** over the years", only the intervension of the victims mother that stopped the beating from becoming manslaughter.
    I would guess there will not be any up to date pictures of hammer head and his steroid enlarged chin with his "bro" until the sweling goes down and broken bones heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Heathen wrote: »
    .... Or Waterford

342385.jpg

H

They can see you in the mirror. They know who you are. They are coming for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

A recently aquitted hammer yeilding loan-shark bully and prominent member
    of a well known settled traveler gang of bullies was at it again, only this time he picked the wrong victim. He chased the intended victim, of what was sure to be another vicious attack involving a hammer, into the victims house only to be confronted by victims father (who normally does not reside there).
    The bully on seeing the father dropped hammer and ran out of the house and jumped into his car, he was in such a state of fear on seeing the intended victims father that he lost control of the car, crashed into two parked cars, was then dragged from the car and got what was described as the "beating he deserved for all his and his families **** over the years", only the intervension of the victims mother that stopped the beating from becoming manslaughter.
    I would guess there will not be any up to date pictures of hammer head and his steroid enlarged chin with his "bro" until the sweling goes down and broken bones heal.

Where were the video cameras for that one?, I would have bought popcorn and paid to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Their was a write up in last week's Sunday world about this incident and of course the very next day the fella that article was about was photographed holding up that page and smirking .. and he did not look that battered up in fairness . Anyway it all seems to of gone hush hush now he must of got the message from his beating maybe??

jo06555 wrote: »
    Their was a write up in last week's Sunday world about this incident and of course the very next day the fella that article was about was photographed holding up that page and smirking .. and he did not look that battered up in fairness . Anyway it all seems to of gone hush hush now he must of got the message from his beating maybe??

Could you give a link for this please ?

A link for the story is it?
    I don't have link for the story online but it was in last week's paper and here's a pic of it ...

I don't have link for the story online but it was in last week's paper and here's a pic of it ...

Hi yes I tried finding it but wondering if they removed it from the website as I can't find it, the only reason I was hoping to find it was to send to my son who was one of this lovely persons targets before.
    I'll keep looking thank you.

Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Support your local Freewheelers.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

The Bikers won't take **** from nobody. I hope some of those Neanderthals get an unmerciful baiting from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone have a link to his FB page?

Advertisement