Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No, they don't give a **** about applicants who don't get past first base, haven't done for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭janisjoplin

The hourly rate has been mentioned a few times already in the last couple of pages i think its about €14 ,from what i heard they have taken on over 130 already and are hiring another 20 to cover summer holidays.

Hi,the current rate for weekend operatives is €11.01 an hour plus 25% shift allowance,I know cause I started in b&l two months ago. From what I heard they are currently recruiting another 50 and if no one has heard anything back yet from the aptitude test its a good sign,its a long process in there,hope that helps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AnneSam

As someone who has written replied to CVs yup they absolutely do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spartacus88

No doubt the best part of Waterford and surrounding counties applied for B+L, it was always going to be tough for most to get in. €11 per hour isnt as much as what it use to be, but none the less its good too see employers in Waterford paying above min wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

No doubt the best part of Waterford and surrounding counties applied for B+L, it was always going to be tough for most to get in. €11 per hour isnt as much as what it use to be, but none the less its good too see employers in Waterford paying above min wage.

€11 plus 25% shift rate as stated a few posts up,so works out at around €14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

MillyD123 wrote: »
    Did anyone who took the aptitude test in Bausch & Lomb there 2/3 weeks ago, hear anything yet ?

Hi Millyd123

Have you heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MillyD123

Hi Millyd123

Have you heard anything yet

No nothing at all unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Nearform, a cloud computing company based out in Tramore is expecting to create 100 jobs over the next 18 months.

This company have got to be admired. They've been advised to go abroad, but chose to stay here for quality of life reasons. They've taken on no funding, and have grown themselves up from Arc Labs and the TSSG campus.

They also organised the worlds first Node conference in Waterford Castle last year.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/careers/item/41391-job-anc-15

Nearform has crashed by browser twice! tech sites are so bad.

changes browser....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Emailed a certain hotel in Waterford few weeks back for bar staff. Got an email this morning saying they weren't looking for any but I'd be kept on file. Hotel puts up bar staff vacancy 10 minutes later on jobs.ie. Waterford hotels, the hotels that keep on giving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Emailed a certain hotel in Waterford few weeks back for bar staff. Got an email this morning saying they weren't looking for any but I'd be kept on file. Hotel puts up bar staff vacancy 10 minutes later on jobs.ie. Waterford hotels, the hotels that keep on giving.

It's an employers market & they are going to look for the best that's out there, not necessarily what they have on file but apply anyway.
    Best of luck in your search but it is understandably frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Hey everyone, just wondering anyone know if there is any Jobs in any shops around Waterford part time or full time. Don't have huge amount of experience only young still i suppose. :pac:

Just need something to keep me busy and get some income in. I have done work experience in shops before. Just be nice to have a some sort of a job whatever it is really especially with summer around the corner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

RobitTV wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just wondering anyone know if there is any Jobs in any shops around Waterford part time or full time. Don't have huge amount of experience only young still i suppose. :pac:

Just need something to keep me busy and get some income in. I have done work experience in shops before. Just be nice to have a some sort of a job whatever it is really especially with summer around the corner. :)

Have you tried any of the maxol stations rob they are always taking on new staff and they are nice places to work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

shayp83 wrote: »
    Have you tried any of the maxol stations rob they are always taking on new staff and they are nice places to work

I haven't actually that might be a good place to try. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Anyone know of any places looking for people over the Summer? Supermarkets or Shops would be especially good but anything else is fine also.

Anyone know of any places looking for people over the Summer? Supermarkets or Shops would be especially good but anything else is fine also.

Centra manor village are looking for staff there is an ad in this weeks Waterford today

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Sign in the window of humdingers. Staff wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

madfcuker wrote: »
    Sign in the window of humdingers. Staff wanted.

They're regularly looking for staff.

Eishtec are creating 300 jobs - in Craigavon. Get on your bikes.

Hi all. My husband had an interview for Bausch & Lomb today. He got on grand but she def did say the contract was only until the end of August. She said you won't be kept on. He doesn't know whether to take it or not. He has a 3 month contract where he is now but will prob kept on but is on minimum wage and is forced to do 50-60 hours a week for basic rate. He would be on 14 euro per hour in B and L incl shift pay.

Anyone left go from B and L were they called back a while after or not?

It's strange they have put so much time and effort into recruiting these Operatives and then they have 3 weeks training just to let them go at the end of Aug.

Any advice anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Hi all. My husband had an interview for Bausch & Lomb today. He got on grand but she def did say the contract was only until the end of August. She said you won't be kept on. He doesn't know whether to take it or not. He has a 3 month contract where he is now but will prob kept on but is on minimum wage and is forced to do 50-60 hours a week for basic rate. He would be on 14 euro per hour in B and L incl shift pay.

Anyone left go from B and L were they called back a while after or not?

It's strange they have put so much time and effort into recruiting these Operatives and then they have 3 weeks training just to let them go at the end of Aug.

Any advice anyone??

That is crazy afee, I suppose if someone was out of work it is worth there while, but to go from a job where you could get longer employment is a hard decision, I've had to make a decision the very same as your husband, I stuck with the full time minimum wage job myself till something better comes around, on the other hand if it's experience your husband is looking for Bausch and Lomb would look good on a cv, hope he's head is not wrecked mine was:-S

shayp83 wrote: »
    That is crazy afee, I suppose if someone was out of work it is worth there while, but to go from a job where you could get longer employment is a hard decision, I've had to make a decision the very same as your husband, I stuck with the full time minimum wage job myself till something better comes around, on the other hand if it's experience your husband is looking for Bausch and Lomb would look good on a cv, hope he's head is not wrecked mine was:-S

Thanks shayp. Yeah he needs pharmaceutical experience for his cv so he can possibly get into teva or Genzyme. He wouldn't mind being left off for say a month and then taken back on but there is no guarantee. She was adamant he would be left go.

We want to take a chance and go for it and see what happens but it's hard when you have 3 kids to feed and I only have part time wage.

Where he works is a hell hole. Treated like **** for no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I think anyone being taken on now will definitely be left go once the holiday period is over. There are over a hundred people who've been hired ahead of anybody new and I'm going to guess they'll be let go on a last-in-first-out basis. Anyone who's been let go in the past (if they've done well) have been placed on a recall list for any future opportunities but, again, that recall list starts at people who were hired first and let go.

I don't know what your husband should do but if he takes it, I'm going to say that he will be looking for work come August/September. Guess it's a question of how much value six months' medical device experience would be to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

if anyone has a full C licence i heard today pallas foods are looking for delivery drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

@mooseknuckle Is that the centra in the college itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

kieranfitz wrote: »

I think he means the Centra opposite Dunphys shop on the Cork Rd.

kieranfitz wrote: »

I dont know i just saw the ad in the paper i thought it was the one across from Dunphys shop on the cork road but the ad said something about WIT been an equal opportunities employer,so maybe it is in the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I dont know i just saw the ad in the paper i thought it was the one across from Dunphys shop on the cork road but the ad said something about WIT been an equal opportunities employer,so maybe it is in the college.

Manor Street Centra is part of/owned by WIT

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Goods inwards position going again in mr price :-( after 3days work.they decided I wasnt the type of person that fitted their profile

• Advertisement

Is "fitted their profile" a euphemism for something? Maybe I shouldn't ask!

Presumably they'll just rifle through previously submitted CVs.

Advertisement