Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American Spirit [Merged threads]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

oeb wrote: »
    Where in Cork?

academy street in cork
    i keep forgetting the name of the shop but it's about half way down next to a jewellers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 11:11

Hi guys,

I just bought the yellow packets from E-Tobacco. Great stuff! But I had the red/maroon coloured pack before and it was mind-blowing. How come I can find the red/maroon organic blend?

11:11 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I just bought the yellow packets from E-Tobacco. Great stuff! But I had the red/maroon coloured pack before and it was mind-blowing. How come I cant find the red/maroon organic blend?

only some varieties are available in some countries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_American_Spirit#Varieties

i must have a look for an online american based supplier
    for some of the other types of tobaccos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Smoked a few cartons of them. Got them off a friend whose parents insist on bringing them to him from the duty free. Very bland imo. Ended up mixing them with the Marlboro Gold because they just weren't satisfying to me. Like the idea of organic and all, but I think the established brands have survived so long because they blended a better smoke.
    American Spirits also take almost twice as long to smoke as mentioned above. Not sure if it's the lack of chemicals or a denser filter. Dense filter would explain some of my "issues" with them. They're not awful or anything, just couldn't switch to them full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Anyone know which variety is the strongest rolling tobacco?
    Type Package Color
    Original Blend Cyan
    U.S. Grown Blend Royal Blue
    Organic Blend Maroon
    Perique Blend Black
    Menthol Green
    I tried it previously and liked it. Only problem is it smells pretty unusual and the people around me always gave me dubious stares. Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't rollies, I suppose.

• Advertisement

i'm not 100% sure but i think it's the perique (black labeled one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

got my american spirit tobacco it arrived wednesday in really quick time
    total cost for 10 pouches €69.99

reverenddave:
    What did you think of the american spirit tobacco????
    I was thinking of getting it from the same site. Then I noticed they sell Pall Mall rolling tobacco. I normally smoke Pall Mall red so I was thinking of going for the rolled version of the same smoke!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

I was thinking about quitting, or at least cutting down. So I've decided if I am gonna smoke ever again, I want it to be completely natural! So I was wondering, would any of you know where you could get a few packs of American Spirit? I don't wanna buy 100€ worth, any suggestions? Or failing that, is there any other 100% organic tobaccos available here?

Many thanks :)

jetpack101 wrote: »
    reverenddave:
    What did you think of the american spirit tobacco????
    I was thinking of getting it from the same site. Then I noticed they sell Pall Mall rolling tobacco. I normally smoke Pall Mall red so I was thinking of going for the rolled version of the same smoke!!!

sorry i missed your reply

i LOVE american spirit
    and the fact that its additive free makes it even better
    b&h or samsom was my cigarette brand but i just cant smoke them anymore, i tend to feel a bit sick after a packet
    and when i do run out of american spirit i just get a mix of amber leaf or golden virginia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Hey , I haven't been able to find American spirit tobacco anywhere in the ROI. I know that it's sold in Asda in Enniskillen because I've bought it there before. I couldn't find it in Newry when I was last there. I'm thinking about trekking up to Enniskillen from Dublin tomorrow but it's a bit of a trek for tobacco. I only smoke once in a while and I like to smoke this stuff because it doesn't sicken me like regular tobacco does. Does anybody here know if it can be bought somewhere in Dublin or even Drogheda?. I know from talking to people and seeing people rolling with it after bringing it back from abroad that there would be enough of a demand for it for the shops to stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There have been a number of threads here about this already.

A forum search of 'american spirit' gives you these results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Anyone know where to buy pouches of American Spirit rolling tobacco in Dublin? I saw it in Tesco years ago but nowhere else. Lately I've seen a few people out rolling with it.

Lucky Strike tobacco either, but I'd say I could only get that abroad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Not available in the 26 counties AFAIK, I usually head across to Newry when my Lanzarote stash runs out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As this is a recurring topic (& people aren't using the search function :() I've merged any American Spirit threads that I could find into this one.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kellford

sorry for bumping an old thread but can anyone tell me is american spirit available any where it Ireland at present. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Kellford wrote: »
    sorry for bumping an old thread but can anyone tell me is american spirit available any where it Ireland at present. cheers

Not in the Republic I'm afraid, I've looked all over Cork, Dublin, Waterford, smaller towns. Don't know why the newsagents or tobacconists don't stock it, it's common enough on the continent.

Advertisement