Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gathering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

looking for text to go into my Knacker/ scumbag card...its for when a kancker or anyone accues anyone else of being a scumbag

11031Knacker.jpg?4483

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Alany
    looking for text to go into my Knacker/ scumbag card...its for when a kancker or anyone accues anyone else of being a scumbag
    I think the preferred term is "skanger".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"Gormless Knack"

Target player gains a Silly Accent, urge to hit people/objects with higher I.Q., and a cheap ring on every finger. May be combined with "Jacinteh" or "Nahalee" card to create 1 extra knacker counter/turn.

Or something like that...

hows this ???

Im still not sure on the text but I love the picture...what excellent skangers

http://www.boards.ie/photopost/data/3059/11031skanger.jpg?9412

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Two I did out of sheer boredom.

Fairtosay.jpg
    saipan.jpg

• Advertisement

hows this ???

Im still not sure on the text but I love the picture...what excellent skangers

http://www.boards.ie/photopost/data/3059/11031skanger.jpg?9412

I giggled.
    I really did :)

class!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

lads
    what are the chances of getting a gathering card based on Father Teds poster of 'Reality & Dreams' which he made for Fr. Dougle
    sometimes the stories on PI are so ridiculous that I believe I would use this card a lot :D

Ill give that a go today

what text would you link in it

??

Ill give that a go today

what text would you link in it

not quite sure Alany, something like

Card can be played when user cannot discern the difference between ‘reality and their dreams’. Gives user +120 on ‘delusional idiot’ attribute and gives holder +80 on ‘Freudian explanation’ skill which usually leads to ‘killing father/ sleeping with mother’ explanations regardless of topic. Cards effects permanent when played by Beruthiel

what do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I dunno. I think just having the text being "These are very small and those are fair away" would have both a sarcastic AND surreal effect to it.

But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

and is there any chance of a 'Do your own homework' card for the programming board*? I'd do it myself but then it would be crap.

*The irony of asking somebody else to do this doesn't escape me

I'll have a go at Father Ted too :)

Originally posted by amp
    I dunno. I think just having the text being "These are very small and those are fair away" would have both a sarcastic AND surreal effect to it.

But that's just me.

oh
    oh
    I like that one ampie!! :D
    yes stick that on it lads
    *me rubs hands together in anticipation* :D

My offering: Had to edit your text for space consideration.

SpiderBaby.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

hows this ??? Im still not sure on the text but I love the picture...what excellent skangers http://www.boards.ie/photopost/data/3059/11031skanger.jpg?9412
    Should there be an "Anto and Deco" card? Or is this it?

lol
    nice one sykeirl :D:D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

1639ZombiedomG.gif

1639RopeDrink_s_Amazig_Rant2.gif - It beats the old one anyway, but that doesn't really mean tis any good...

1639F00dD00d.gif

1639DarknessFalls.gif

1639CAPATTACK.gif

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Despite the fact that my cards are always ****e, you can stick THEM in your deck and play them...

1639Test.gif

1639TheUnfunnyCard.gif

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Alternate to the normal "Moderated" card.

not_tonight.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

One for the Windoze l33t3sts...

18938boards_cards_MAC.jpg

Another for the muppets...

18938boards_cards_blind.jpg

...Yes and squinting to read that blindness card almost blinded me also - Writing is a TAD small, but all the new cards are pretty damn nifty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I probably had too much text for the space. I'm fairly happy with them, considering I've never really used any art programs before. I think I prefer Fireworks to Photoshop, so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Originally posted by mr_angry
    I think I prefer Fireworks to Photoshop, so far.

GOOD MAN! fireworks is my favourite program too

1639Charter_Defiance.gif

1639Dead_Thread.gif

The latest ****e contributions from MEH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Nifty. :)

Any chance you clever fellows could make one for those who for some reason insist on posting the entire set of lyrics for a song? Bugs the hell out of me, it does...

I'll work on one when I get home...
    Something like the 'Gareth Gate's Effect' where you can't talk, but you can sing :D

Come to think of it, seeing as I'm bollocks at making cards, it may be best to leave it for someone else to do :)

Sure I'll give it a whack if I can find a suitable picture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

My second creation (my first was Andy Kaufman's Bongos):

beaverpatrol.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This is my version of the spider baby one

Advertisement