Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Brand design for IrelandOffline

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

cosgrove80, i'm nothing to do with ireland offline but i have to say - i think your designs are excellent.. especially no.2 and no.4!! if you don't get the job i will be shocked!!

:eek: <--- me if you don't get the job...

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

cosgrove80, i'm nothing to do with ireland offline but i have to say - i think your designs are excellent.. especially no.2 and no.4!! if you don't get the job i will be shocked!!

:eek: <--- me if you don't get the job...

Thanks for the kind words.
    Looking at them again I think the balance is off a bit, but glad you like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I know its too late but anyways I was intrigued by your plight :)

logo1.png

either way let me know what you think ... I would tell you what it all means but if it isn't obvious to your standard punter .. then :)

oh yeah and the full size one ...

logofull.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 HolyCow

I like me snail, not the most original idea but a fitting one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

cosgraves ones are very good, very bright and clean looking although the 4th one is a bit too close to some eircom design and the snail is a cool idea but im not mad on the font used for ireland

You chaps close ot a decision yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

very poor show, insulting to all of us that actually made an effort.

Have to admit it is quite slow, almost as slow as Irish Broadband who are still sending me invoices even though they've taken the thing off the roof!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭cgarvey

heggie wrote:
    very poor show, insulting to all of us that actually made an effort.

eh? how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Any news Cg?

how? because some of us put time and effort into our designs for you, and you couldnt be bothered replying to this thread when asked if there was any news.

No news, we've all but decided on one logo. But our website is on hold while we do a new consumer website, which will be out very soon. Then, assuming we sort out copyright, we'll announce the logo winner.

cgarvey wrote:
    No news, we've all but decided on one logo. But our website is on hold while we do a new consumer website, which will be out very soon. Then, assuming we sort out copyright, we'll announce the logo winner.
    Cool Thanks :)

I appreciate the effort. I've been putting a lot of work into this myself, so I can appreciate the effort. However, I've kept the thread updated with news, when there was any, and I've answered all the questions asked of me. I can't do any more. So, I'm more than "bothered to update the thread".

holycows question was unanswered for over 1 month, you probably just forgot about the thread, happens all of us, i just thought it was poor show as people were putting in effort for free to ireland offline and forgotten about, so perhaps now you can see 'how' in relation to my comments. a little 'sorry about that' would have been a better responce than 'eh how'

Ah, now you're making more sense. Apologies to holycow for not responding. The answer is still "no", or rather "almost". Don't see how it's insulting to the rest of you. If ye are insulted, I offer my apologies!

We'll decide ASAP, as we've always intended to do, in case that impacts on the donors of time (not sure how it would, but just in case).

.cg

It's just we need closure ... *watchs more american chat shows* ... :)

Bump ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Did I win?
    Did anyone win?

The people demand answers!

• Advertisement

Just to update .. the committee went with heggie/Effect Design Consultancy's design, which can be seen on the IrelandOffline site now.

I'm not sure there's any point in going through the decision process in public, but if anyone wants feedback, PM/email me, and I'll offer the reactions, etc. I'll also be doing a post on the site to thank all that took part, with sample works / links. I'll contact you when I get around to that.

We're all very busy, so our show of appreciation is underwhelming at best. We do appreciate all of your efforts though, and would like to thank you all for offering up your skills like that.

Thank you on behalf of IrelandOffline!

Advertisement