Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newmarket Craven Meeting

Options
  • 15-04-2019 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Any winners for the next few days lads

Fancy Kick On to win the Feilden Stakes. The form of its penultimate run is outstanding.

Brando is a good thing on Wednesday too

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

John Gosden has a great record at this meeting. I would have a good look at any of his runners. The best value you will find is having stabs at his runners in the maidens.

The Andrew Balding yard is flying. I would be backing any of his, in particular horses in the top 3 of the betting which are attracting money, they are all getting up in the last few weeks.

I have had a look at the Nell Gwyn. To be honest fillies in the early season can be difficult to assess. I am having a small stakes stab at Come on Leicester ( 40's) and Look Around ( 18's). They both look overpriced.

The Feilden has turned into a nice race the last few years. It has produced some interesting runners and winners. Have a look at Boerhan for William Haggas. He was treated fairly kindly on his 2 yr old runs and could be a typical Haggas trained 3 yr old improver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I like Gosdens Twist n' shake in the maiden. Also been looking forward to seeing Kadar back out for a while now just hope the ground won't be too quick for him. And finally Mot juste is my other fancy looks a nice price at 5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

6/1 Arctic Sound in the Free Handicap looked a bit of a gift to me

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Blud

6/1 Arctic Sound in the Free Handicap looked a bit of a gift to me

On this too but only 5s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Shine So Bright fairly impressive there. Orchid Star in Nell Gwyn the only other bet I have today but only small money given time of year and nature of race.

• Advertisement

Great result for Skitter Scatter backers in the 1000 Guineas. Gotta love it when the Brits get hyped up over one of their own. Interesting how much ITV are talking up Qabala after that. I can't remember the last Nell Gwyn winner to win a Guineas. Anyways a new favourite for them.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/1000-guineas/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

I like Gosdens Twist n' shake in the maiden. Also been looking forward to seeing Kadar back out for a while now just hope the ground won't be too quick for him. And finally Mot juste is my other fancy looks a nice price at 5/1

I think Kadar ran well enough, had an easy race, hands and heels and finished well. The only problem is getting the ground he wants...

A lot of maidens on the Newmarket card. I did notice yesterday that late gambles were being landed on track, so obviously the late whispers were getting hammered. Both the Qabala and Lavenders Blue morning prices' halved before the off. Shine so Bright was well backed also.

That being the case I am waiting until later for any singles. In the meantime I see Gay Kelleway has Global Spectrum entered in the Craven itself. It is not like her to tilt at too many windmills, 22's could look big after the race. The horse is unbeaten in 3 starts, he may have beaten pigs, but at the prices I am having a go.

I am going to end up following this horse over a cliff but I am backing Bedouin's Story in the 3.35 at Newbury. He was very unlucky first time out at Meydan. It may turn out that they are focusing on one of the big Ascot handicaps but at 12/1 I am going in again.

Charlie Fellowes has been sneaking in the winners the last few weeks and his only runner is Rum Baba in the 1.50 maiden at Newmarket. As far as I know Phillippa Cooper is still connected with Normandie stud, she has literally a multitude of top class broodmares at her disposal. Getting maiden wins into her broodstock is important, so the horse will definitely be trying.

https://soundcloud.com/user-55975718/luck-on-sunday-podcast-philippa-cooper-full-interview

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Theonly way

Competitive stuff Chancing these !
    3:35 pm Sawwaah 3 40%-80%-5
    4:10 pm Zabeel Prince 2 50%-75%-8
    4:45 pm Betty F 9 29%-57%-7
    5:20 pm Abel Handy 1/Quench Dolly 8

GL ALL.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Charlie Fellowes has been sneaking in the winners the last few weeks and his only runner is Rum Baba in the 1.50 maiden at Newmarket. As far as I know Phillippa Cooper is still connected with Normandie stud, she has literally a multitude of top class broodmares at her disposal. Getting maiden wins into her broodstock is important, so the horse will definitely be trying.

Still running, finished 3rd last, didn't settle and looked out of his depth. The winner looks decent however.

Advertisement