Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DOJ won his European title

• 05-04-2019 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't see it myself. Just read the resport.

I always liked watching him in the amateurs. Always seemed to be a hardy hoor (for want of a better phrase).

https://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2019/0405/1041011-david-oliver-joyce-claims-first-professional-belt/

On an aside, whatever happened to that fella that won the seniors at Joyce's weight one year but then didn't go to the international competitions. I think he was from a South Dublin club. Can't remember his name right now. I remember he won the seniors (I think he beat Joyce) and then Joyce was sent because the other fella hadn't confidence or something strange like that.

I didn't see any mention in any other thread, but if there was, please feel free to delete this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

It's the WBO European title, so not the real European title, but does get you a top 15 ranking with the WBO.
    Which seems crazy considering the stage of things DOJ and Tiffney are at, and who they've beat.

It was a very good performance from Joyce.
    The fight is up on youtube https://youtu.be/3gxOb5qc1H8
    Just skip ahead to 4hrs 14 mins.
    He won himself a new Rolex watch and a nice trophy for the performance of the night aswell !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Lovely knockdown but Ref was 8 or 9 seconds too slow with stoppage in my opinion. Tiff took some punishment he did not need to take

Advertisement