Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Velvet for sofa yay or nay ???

Options
  • 30-03-2019 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Looking to fork about 2k on a decent sofa the one im looking at is velvet.

Is velvet something that requires extra maintenance or shows dirt easy or wears quick compared to other fabrics ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DogKidsHubby

Check the specs with the store. Some are better than others. I wonder can you get a spray, similar to the one that you put on suede shoes??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Looking to fork about 2k on a decent sofa the one im looking at is velvet.

Is velvet something that requires extra maintenance or shows dirt easy or wears quick compared to other fabrics ?

I have a navy velvet natuzzi editions couch. I LOVE it. It’s cozy and really comfortable and the velvet feels luxe. Couch was €1600 and then I paid €250ish for it to be scotch guarded professionally. I wouldn’t recommend buying a spray for shoes and doing it yourself especially when you’re paying a good chunk of money for the couch in the first place! You could ruin the finish and feel of it. It doesn’t stain at all so far and still looks perfect well over a year later. The scotch guarding didn’t change the texture either. One thing to be aware of though is that it will attract dust and dust will be more visible that other materials. I just run a lint roller over it every couple of weeks but I’d say I’d be driven demented if we had a cat or dog in the house as I reckon it would just be covered in hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Recently changed the living room sofa's and the new ones are velvet.

Must be back in fashion!!

Advertisement