Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

showpony1 wrote: »
    haven't been to this before - been at the last 6 EPs and ATN last year.
    Was going to try B&S or Sea Sessions this year.
    any feedback from people who have been to EP/ATN how does this compare?
    older crowd etc?

ATN tried to emulate it and put on a good festival but couldn't capture the magic of B&S. It is (or was - I haven't camped at it for 4 years now but went almost every year before that) the best festival experience in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Increase to €199.50

No acts announced

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Increase to 199.50? thought I paid 200 last year? Price increase not totally unexpected. For me it'd still be worth it even tho I can't go this year. I would like if they could extend the music until later on the Sunday night though. I seem to remember everyone being back at the tents earlier than we'd have liked last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

ATN tried to emulate it and put on a good festival but couldn't capture the magic of B&S. It is the best festival experience in Ireland.

It seemed to me that ATN was what B&S used to be. And B&S is what EP used to be. And that's how festivals progress. I think last year was my final year at EP to be honest. And I only went in case I felt I'd be missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah sorry about false alarm I thought maybe today for an announcement but may tomorrow now hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Yeah sorry about false alarm I thought maybe today for an announcement but may tomorrow now hopefully.

The eternal optimist of the boards!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Increase to 199.50? thought I paid 200 last year? Price increase not totally unexpected. For me it'd still be worth it even tho I can't go this year. I would like if they could extend the music until later on the Sunday night though. I seem to remember everyone being back at the tents earlier than we'd have liked last year.

It's normal, moved from tier 1 to tier 2.

These things usually come in threes so I imagine another hike (tier 3) before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MichaelM93l

asked them on facebook earlier, end of the month for first announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

So the announcement for this is tomorrow

ban for this lad? ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

showpony1 wrote: »
    ban for this lad? ;)

In light of his distinguished service, surely we can let him off with a warning?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

ATN seems to be selling pretty well, any chance for 10th anniversary B&S pull something big act wise. Patty smith would have been brilliant but ATN got her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

judeboy101 wrote: »
    ATN seems to be selling pretty well, any chance for 10th anniversary B&S pull something big act wise. Patty smith would have been brilliant but ATN got her.

Here's hoping. But I wouldn't think it would be Patti Smith or the like. ATN seems to be going more towards the indie/guitar based side of things, so I wonder will B&S go more electronic this year?

They said the end of the month, so hopefully we will know by this time next week!

So I presume their lineup announcement will either be Wednesday 27th or Thursday 28th February, curious to see who they book. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MichaelM93l

Tuesday the 26th according to their twitter.

I’ve a feeling the line up won’t be as obscure as last year with more well known artists since they’ve been really promoting the 10 years aspect but going by b&s never know what you get with them. It’s always an amazing weekend regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Would love to see Talos (new album is great). On the more obsure front, someone like DJ Lycox or Okzharp would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

Any chance of Four Tet playing? Not playing the other Irish festivals by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He'll surely appear somewhere. Could be at EP id have thought.

Heiser wrote: »
    Any chance of Four Tet playing? Not playing the other Irish festivals by the looks of it

He played the first one I think in 2010, he should be invited back like they've had Jon Hopkins three times now Four Tet is just as good.

Would Weezer be a fit for Body&Soul their tour dates suggest they might pop up. https://weezer.com/tour

Would Weezer be a fit for Body&Soul their tour dates suggest they might pop up. https://weezer.com/tour

Id love em but am keeping my expectations low. A week before Rock Wechter and no other Irish gigs announced. Dare to dream!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

That would be some coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'll give ya 50/1 odds on Weezer.

when did they last play Ireland? The point in 2005?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i'll give ya 50/1 odds on Weezer.

when did they last play Ireland? The point in 2005?

Oxegen 2011

I'm gonna throw out a few names.

st Vincent, Asgeir, Laura Marling, Apparat, Rosalia, solange, dirty projectors.

Any predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Underworld or Kraftwerk are my predictions. The former are almost certainly going to be playing here somewhere this summer, they just haven't announced where. Kraftwerk would be perfect for body and soul.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Underworld or Kraftwerk are my predictions. The former are almost certainly going to be playing here somewhere this summer, they just haven't announced where. Kraftwerk would be perfect for body and soul.

Kraftwerk are out. Between Poland and Czech at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Does it usually take this long for them to announce the line up?? I'm off the booze from Feb - June due to exams and work. B&S falls the weekend after I finish my exams. Cannot wait.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Does it usually take this long for them to announce the line up?? I'm off the booze from Feb - June due to exams and work. B&S falls the weekend after I finish my exams. Cannot wait.

Next Tuesday for the first announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Has Toro Y Moi ever played B&S? Would love to see him at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

I'm going to guess Bon Iver and/or Tame Impala. That'd be the dream.

Advertisement