Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco value!!

• 09-12-2018 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Right

So tesco, are doing a deal of €25 for a litre of vodka

Or - buy 2 for €40 - €20 each

Now

When you spend 45 I have vouchers for €10 off.

If I buy 4 bottles at €80 - it will cost me €70 - €17.50 per bottle! As I can use 1 voucher.

If I bought 6 bottles at €120 - I could use 2 vouchers = €100 / 6 = 16.66 per bottle.

And so on and so fourth......

The best scenario I can think of is buying 18 Bottles at €360 - using 8 vouchers taking it to €260 / 18 = €15.55.

Have I reached critical mass here or is there a number of bottle / vouchers that can get better value than €15.55

Not that im buying 18 bottles of vodka - Im just wondering is there a way to take it down further!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The sweet spot (which you've found) is to find a multiple of 40 that's also a multiple of 45, so all your money is going on vodka (sounds wrong as I type but I know you're just looking for the hypothetical solution *ahem*) and no money is being "wasted" that's not going towards using those vouchers.

Check those vouchers - I don't think it's =*every* €45 you spend, you get €10 off. I could be wrong, but I've normally only gotten one that can be used once. Supervalu gives out similar vouchers, but they are dated (so you might get 4 in a mailing, but each one is only valid for one week, so you would have to go 4 times in 4 weeks to use them all (they ain't stupid, these large chains!).

Also, 8 €10 vouchers would take the cost down to €280, not €260 (you've just a typo there, as the €15.55 is correct).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Yakuza wrote: »
    The sweet spot (which you've found) is to find a multiple of 40 that's also a multiple of 45, so all your money is going on vodka (sounds wrong as I type but I know you're just looking for the hypothetical solution *ahem*) and no money is being "wasted" that's not going towards using those vouchers.

Check those vouchers - I don't think it's =*every* €45 you spend, you get €10 off. I could be wrong, but I've normally only gotten one that can be used once. Supervalu gives out similar vouchers, but they are dated (so you might get 4 in a mailing, but each one is only valid for one week, so you would have to go 4 times in 4 weeks to use them all (they ain't stupid, these large chains!).

Also, 8 €10 vouchers would take the cost down to €280, not €260 (you've just a typo there, as the €15.55 is correct).

I have used up to 4 vouchers on groceries before so there is no limit - Yeah thats how I worked it out (multiple of 45 + 40)

Good value still :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ray giraffe

Leaving Cert Maths 2019
    Question 1: How to spend all your money on vodka :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Answer : (partial credit) The price gets closer and closer to €15.55(recurring 5) a bottle (€20 * (35/45). The more you buy, the more you save :)

Party in ardinn's house, can't wait for my e-vite:D

Advertisement