Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie Vedder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

YES delighted can make it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mcd have an add for the Dublin show no mention of the cork show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads roughly when will these go on sale for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Eddie Vedder has just announced a European tour this Summer which includes a date at The 3Arena on June 9th with very special guest Glen Hansard!
    Tickets are on sale this Friday at 9am!

tix from €61.45

• ANNOUNCES 3ARENA SHOW WITH SPECIAL GUEST GLEN HANSARD
    FRIDAY, JUNE 9TH
    Tickets from €61.45 additional charges may apply
    On sale from this Friday at 9am

Eddie Vedder announced today that he will perform a series of European concert dates in May and June. Vedder's tour kicks off on May 29th in Amsterdam and wraps up on June 26th in Sicily. Eddie will perform at Dublin's 3Arena on Friday June 9th. with special guest Glen Hansard.
    Tickets for his 3Arena Dublin show will go on sale Friday, March 10th.

A special pre-sale for current members (as of March 5th) of Pearl Jam's Ten Club starts today for select dates. Full details at pearljam.com.

3Arena Pre-sale will begin on Thursday March 9th from 9am until Friday March 10th at 9am.

Eddie Vedder has served as Pearl Jam's frontman since 1990. His debut solo release was the 2007 soundtrack album for the film Into the Wild for which Vedder won a Golden Globe for the song "Guaranteed". In 2012, Vedder's sophomore solo album, Ukulele Songs, received a Grammy nomination for Best Folk Album. Vedder will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Pearl Jam on April 7, 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Marquee gigs are Aiken

Point is MCD.

Interesting he can do both. But glen/the frames often play for both as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

david75 wrote: »
    Marquee gigs are Aiken

Point is MCD.

Interesting he can do both. But glen/the frames often play for both as well.

A few acts do that every year.

I'm so excited for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I have entered the 10C draw for the 3 Arena.
    Cork is a pre sale code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is the pre-sale on Thursday open to everyone? Sorry for dumb questions, I don't go to many gigs.

Cork for me id say have Aeromsith in Dublin and GNR in London the week after so busy week for me

will the shows sell out ??? Adding Glen Hansard is smart and they will prob do a few songs together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

will try for both...
    he is well able to charge ..... €€€€££$$ :/

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Lads is the pre-sale on Thursday open to everyone? Sorry for dumb questions, I don't go to many gigs.

I'm not sure if The Marquee offer a pre-sale of their own. There is a Ten Club presale.

Any 3 customer can get a pre-sale code for the 3Arena gig so that would be open to everyone

Im not sure is Hansard supporting in Cork

Hes not down on the LATM page but is on the 3arena page

€60.00 - €96.00 saucy enough for an acoustic show

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Im not sure is Hansard supporting in Cork

Hes not down on the LATM page but is on the 3arena page

He's listed on the Aiken site for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

According to Ticketmaster the Cork prices are €60.00 - €96.00 exc handling fees
    Dublin €60.45 - €91.50 exc handling fees

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan but those prices are very steep,ridiculous actually .

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Zardoz wrote: »
    According to Ticketmaster the Cork prices are €60.00 - €96.00 exc handling fees
    Dublin €60.45 - €91.50 exc handling fees

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan but those prices are very steep

Have the same feeling - was excited with all the talk for this show, but minimum €60 for nosebleeds or seats way off to the side.

The show in Dublin appears to be fully seated too, so no chance of standing and moving around trying to get a decent spot.

Thinking I'll roll the dice and hope for a full PJ show sometime soon (2010 is a looooong time ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Have the same feeling - was excited with all the talk for this show, but minimum €60 for nosebleeds or seats way off to the side.

The show in Dublin appears to be fully seated too, so no chance of standing and moving around trying to get a decent spot.

Thinking I'll roll the dice and hope for a full PJ show sometime soon (2010 is a looooong time ago)

Ah balls I was thinking it would be 60 for standing tickets which is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cluainmara

UsedToWait wrote: »
    You've got a lot of folks gunning for you - hope your sources are correct ;)

The in between is mine.☺☺☺☺

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

might be lucky to even get tickets. as long as TM don't do their new trick and pull all the tickets and give them to seatwave before they even go on sale the Irish gigs should be easy enough to get tickets for

Giving them away on Today FM now, worth a shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Jaysus scandalous prices would pay it for PJ but solo...f that!

https://mct.tickets.de/en/events/9038

Tickets in Berlin - €89 for standing, 94.50 -> 111 Seated (?)

Hes really fleecing us fans !!! :(

greenspurs wrote: »

Ticketmaster UK says tickets for his London gigs are all £95 !

Eddies taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Zardoz wrote: »
    Ticketmaster UK says tickets for his London gigs are all £95 !

Eddies taking the piss

Yes I think so. It's not like the cost is justified by the cost of the venue. I've seen big acts in both the point and the Hammersmith Apollo for less than £50.

And it's a solo show...

I know that many concerts are expensive now also but my point is that is a definite choice to make as much possible from fans rather than tickets being expensive by necessity of paying costs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

€108 & €135 in Amsterdam, both seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Prices are a piss take. Remember PJ wouldn't tour or make videos during the 90's over Tickets master fleecing the fans.. Wtf is going here.

I can't bring myself to pay out 90 sheets for the Marquee show. Im thinking this Hansard chithouse is the reason prices are so high..

wHO dafuk even wants him there anyway.

Who reckons the Marquee will be an insta sell out this Friday?

Burty330 wrote: »

The Marquee hardly ever sells out and even if it does you will always pick up a ticket for face value or less towards the gig.

Burty330 wrote: »

Yes I think it will.
    I would love to do both gigs, but due to the complete greed and exhorbitant cost of the tickets for the gigs, I will do one gig. :mad::eek:
    I don't like the 3arena, so I will be going to the Marquee ....

• Advertisement

Yes I think it will.
    I would love to do both gigs, but due to the complete greed and exhorbitant cost of the tickets for the gigs, I will do one gig. :mad::eek:
    I don't like the 3arena, so I will be going to the Marquee ....
    the 3arena did PJ no justice when i saw them there . Sound was flat and distorted. It was almost like it was a sound check.

Saw them in MEN Manchester 2009 and it was one of the best gigs i ever witnessed. Just staggering.

The O2 sucks.

Advertisement