Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roomba or equivalent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

tedpan wrote: »
    The supplies just arrived. :) Got a bit excited after I ordered the machine!

Glad I bought from geekbuying. Definitely more expensive, but these are genuine Roborock parts.

Hi tedpan - can you share links to those parts please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

Why are you buying spare parts? Just in case they aren't available when you need them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Raoul wrote: »
    Why are you buying spare parts? Just in case they aren't available when you need them?

A few of the pieces need to be replaced after a certain amount of use, like the brushes and filters, handy to have spare ones at hand rather than having to source them when you need them, they are relatively cheap when you buy them from the likes of Aliexpress

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Hi tedpan - can you share links to those parts please?

Thanks

Got them from geekbuying, I prefer using genuine parts whatever the gadget, they just work better and last longer. Here's the link to the filter. You can select other part options for S5 max when you scroll down.

This is the brush replacement with removable ends. More expensive, but much easier to clean in a house full of pets like mine!

Clareman wrote:
    A few of the pieces need to be replaced after a certain amount of use, like the brushes and filters, handy to have spare ones at hand rather than having to source them when you need them, they are relatively cheap when you buy them from the likes of Aliexpress

Exactly. The filter can be rinsed and dried, but find that it can take a day or two to dry so having a second one is essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭EletricMan

tedpan wrote: »
    Got them from geekbuying, I prefer using genuine parts whatever the gadget, they just work better and last longer. Here's the link to the filter. You can select other part options for S5 max when you scroll down.

This is the brush replacement with removable ends. More expensive, but much easier to clean in a house full of pets like mine!

Do they take long to come from America?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

EletricMan wrote: »

I always thought, GeekBuying is Hong Kong company with warehouses around the world, including Europe.

EletricMan wrote:

It took 3 weeks, I forgot I ordered it all!
    alec76 wrote:
    I always thought, GeekBuying is Hong Kong company with warehouses around the world, including Europe.

Correct

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered a new dust bin from Ali Express. Will probably arrive the end of August.

She used to say 'starting clean up', now says 'starting to clean'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

anyone have this Ecovacs one?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F3Q25LJ/
    currently selling at 180GBP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Was looking at that earlier. It's hard to pick a model, was leaning towards the xiaomi as I've had their phones for a number of years, replacement parts for the xiaomi are also readily available, decisions, decisions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

My Roborock S5 Max arrived late last week and after a couple of days checking it out, it is working very well. It is doing a great job on the floors and even the doubting thomases are impressed. The app works and supplies a lot of information and flexibility.
    I have tried the mopping feature yet but all is good at the moment

slayer91 wrote: »
    My Roborock S5 Max arrived late last week and after a couple of days checking it out, it is working very well. It is doing a great job on the floors and even the doubting thomases are impressed. The app works and supplies a lot of information and flexibility.
    I have tried the mopping feature yet but all is good at the moment
    Where did you purchase, I see it's on eglobal for about 340.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

I had that one. Initially thought it was great, was my first robot vacuum and loved the convenience of it but you get what you pay for, it lasted less than 6 months before I started having numerous issues with it to the point that we stopped using it. After reading the recommendations in this thread I went for the S5 Max to replace it and the difference is night and day. Admittedly only a couple of weeks in with the S5 so can’t speak to its reliability or if I’ll encounter the same problems in the future with it but save yourself the gbp180 and avoid the deebot if you can. I will caveat this by saying it was used primarily on carpets upstairs for me so maybe that contributed to the issues and it might perform better on hard floors.

There’s tonnes of great YouTube reviews of all the different vacuums, suggest spend a bit of time checking out a few, helps you discover what features are important to you and then how they match up.

I had that one. Initially thought it was great, was my first robot vacuum and loved the convenience of it but you get what you pay for, it lasted less than 6 months before I started having numerous issues with it to the point that we stopped using it. After reading the recommendations in this thread I went for the S5 Max to replace it and the difference is night and day. Admittedly only a couple of weeks in with the S5 so can’t speak to its reliability or if I’ll encounter the same problems in the future with it but save yourself the gbp180 and avoid the deebot if you can. I will caveat this by saying it was used primarily on carpets upstairs for me so maybe that contributed to the issues and it might perform better on hard floors.

There’s tonnes of great YouTube reviews of all the different vacuums, suggest spend a bit of time checking out a few, helps you discover what features are important to you and then how they match up.
    Can I ask where you purchased??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Haven't read this thread so don't know if it was discussed but I have a cecotec 5090 for the last month or so if anyone has any questions. I have nothing to compare it to but should hopefully be able to answer anything specific

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

august12 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you purchased??

Not sure which one you are referring to but bought the deebot one on Amazon and bought the S5 on eglobal link that was posted in this thread. Roughly 100+ cheaper than anywhere else so a definite bargain. Had never heard of eglobal before but wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

Not sure which one you are referring to but bought the deebot one on Amazon and bought the S5 on eglobal link that was posted in this thread. Roughly 100+ cheaper than anywhere else so a definite bargain. Had never heard of eglobal before but wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.
    I've bought from eglobal before, have had no issues with delivery or quality of item received, will go with eglobal again, it's the s5 max I'm interested in,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've bought from eglobal before, have had no issues with delivery or quality of item received, will go with eglobal again, it's the s5 max I'm interested in,

I have bought fro eglobal before, had problems with delivery and quality and most recently they made it impossible for me to return and expensive phone for a warranty repair... I will not buy from them again

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I have bought fro eglobal before, had problems with delivery and quality and most recently they made it impossible for me to return and expensive phone for a warranty repair... I will not buy from them again
    Did you pay with PayPal, you could lodge a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

if you bought something from Eglobal , just keep in mind, after sale support non existent there , it is Chinese company after all .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

I have a 2 stories in my house. Lets say at most each level is 60sq metre. Wooden and tiles on the ground floor.
    A small piece of carpet wooden and tiles on floor 1.

I bought Roborock as a gift for family home last year. They love it. Their house is bigger on one floor.

Any thoughts on what combination might be best over 2 floors

Also any thoughts on the Mijia v Roborock?

JJJackal wrote: »
    I have a 2 stories in my house. Lets say at most each level is 60sq metre. Wooden and tiles on the ground floor.
    A small piece of carpet wooden and tiles on floor 1.

I bought Roborock as a gift for family home last year. They love it. Their house is bigger on one floor.

Any thoughts on what combination might be best over 2 floors

I have the S5 max. It has two maps. Map 1 I set for when it's downstairs and change to map 2 when I drop it up stairs. One problem I have at the moment is, on my ground floor it has a step down section into a sitting room. Any time I place the S5 max it hasn't a clue where it is. It often mistakes the room for a different room and crashes alot into the furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a robotic floor cleaner, to sweep up for tiles and wooden floor. It needs to do the downstairs of a house large backroom, kitchen and hall all tiles and front room wooden floor. Thanks.

EletricMan wrote: »
    I have the S5 max. It has two maps. Map 1 I set for when it's downstairs and change to map 2 when I drop it up stairs. One problem I have at the moment is, on my ground floor it has a step down section into a sitting room. Any time I place the S5 max it hasn't a clue where it is. It often mistakes the room for a different room and crashes alot into the furniture.

Did you purchase recently? If so where

JJJackal wrote: »
    Did you purchase recently? If so where

Eglobal ordered on a Monday and it by the Friday.

Can anyone who has the s5 max comment on the dustbin, is it adequate , size wise. I have seen roborock also do an E4 model, has a 640ml bin but does not have the lidar mapping which the s5 max has. I can't locate the E4 for sale anywhere, amazon is out of stock.

Can anyone who has the s5 max comment on the dustbin, is it adequate , size wise. I have seen roborock also do an E4 model, has a 640ml bin but does not have the lidar mapping which the s5 max has. I can't locate the E4 for sale anywhere, amazon is out of stock.

It depends on size of area, how dirty the floor is and how often you use it. The S5 is certainly adequate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

The S4 has the same capacity as the E4. I'll be honest you'll regret not getying a machine with lidar. The no go lines are a god send. No more TV, lamp or extension cord wires getting tangled up. I sinply tell the robot mot to go near those areas.
    A previous robot i had before was forever getting stuck and our downstairs would be quite tidy.

Advertisement