Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frankel Foals Watch Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Ok I think we should keep track of these. When are we likely to see the first ones out on a race course?
    I absolutely agree "we should keep track of these " what a load of ****e and what a shocking standard of understanding of breeding not withstanding his (Frankel)standing in terms of money earned in the UK 2016.He(Frankel) has had the best of mares and 2017 will destroy him in my opinion not withstanding your infatuation with the hype he will be exposed as a dud stallion based on reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

lol give him a bloody chance.

Johner wrote: »
    The hype is beyond belief and payed for.what I've seen there is nothing in the Frankel progeny to touch coolmore breeding other than Churchill been a sprinter and the absolute certainty of Rhododendron in the Oakes imo.

As I always say Time will tell and I could be wrong but Rhodedendron will still win the Oaks.

sting60 wrote: »
    As I always say Time will tell and I could be wrong but Rhodedendron will still win the Oaks.

Time will tell but to compare him to Galileo at this stage is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

sting60 wrote: »
    The most overrated sire considering the top ,top mares he has got.I wouldn't consider any (ANY) of his progeny anywhere good enough to place in a classic.Galileo is in a different planet and he(FRANKEL) is 25th on money earned in UK as 2yr olds considered.HYPE,HYPE,HYPE.in a serious way imo.I would not ask my mother in law to buy a Frankel that is my option and I stand by that big time."Its better to stand alone than stand in a crowd".
    O

Eminent would have to have a good chance of placing in the guineas

• sting60 wrote: »
    The most overrated sire considering the top ,top mares he has got.I wouldn't consider any (ANY) of his progeny anywhere good enough to place in a classic.

He's already had a horse placed in a classic. Soul stirring, 3rd in Japanese 1,000 guineas.

Far too early to draw any conclusions imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Hard to come to any conclusion yet about Frankel as a stallion.

He's a bit of a machine in terms of firing in the winners and he's had a lot of 3yo runners this early in the season which has shown that his stock don't appear to need time to mature to be competitive.

The frustrating thing with his stock is the way there are so many 100+ OR types who promise to be top horses and then they don't seem to progress too much with racing.

I could see him get a Leger winner such is the sort of one paced finish they seem to have but then you have to look at Eminent who has a good finishing kick. Both he and Fair Eva are decent Guineas prospects although to my eyes they both need further. I've had the idea of Fair Eva as an Oaks winner since she started to get beaten as a 2yo but there doesn't seem to be much talk of that from the stable.

Frankel has so many darts, one of them will surely have hit the board by the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

4 of Frankels out tomorrow, 2 in Ascot and 2 in Yarmouth.

Icespire looks the pick of the bunch in the 14.35 at 6/4.

4 of Frankels out tomorrow, 2 in Ascot and 2 in Yarmouth.

Icespire looks the pick of the bunch in the 14.35 at 6/4.
    Seven Heavens dropping back to 6f in a Gp3 is a potentially fascinating twist in the Frankel stallion story.

• Advertisement

Frankie won't want to watch that one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Frankie won't want to watch that one again.

Looked to be caught napping alright. Horse likely learned a tonne though, every cloud....

Looked to be caught napping alright. Horse likely learned a tonne though, every cloud....

Don't think the Frankels do come on a tonne like other horses do, although a step up in trip might work wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

I think quite a few of his progeny are showing signs of temperment, some are proving to be very keen and carrying the head a little awkwardly under pressure

Frankel who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

tryfix wrote: »
    Frankel who?

Been poor. Doesn't stamp his stock and a lot of them have horrible temperaments.

Been poor. Doesn't stamp his stock and a lot of them have horrible temperaments.

From Hero to Zero in a weekend, it's a bit early to be writing him off as half of the genes of his stock come from top class broodmares and Cracksman got a boost to his form when Permian won well yesterday.

How I see it is that his stock come well forward early and don't progress when upped in class.

Dubawi has had some unbelievable broodmares coming his way since his price was jacked up but he's been quite disappointing for a stallion they advertise as being the best in the World. They do thrive with time so it'll work out for him but they should drop the hype with him. He's a stallion whose best was an OR 127 horse followed by a 124 rated King George winner. Not exactly world's greatest stallion material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Frankel's offspring needs to win a few races at Royal Ascot. If not he is on a recovery mission.

There is a program starting now (19:30) on RTE2 about "legendary stallion" Frankel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

diomed wrote: »
    There is a program starting now (19:30) on RTE2 about "legendary stallion" Frankel.

Worth a watch?

Seeing that Cracksman is only 8/1 for the Derby after his moderate trial win makes me wonder if the Gosden team are cock sure of his chances, so Frankel is down but not out yet.

Worth a watch?
    It showed Frankel's races and many interviews with Henry Cecil, Teddy Grimthorpe, stable staff, and others.
    The interviews were interesting if a little predictable, but imo the best part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Soul Stirring wins the Japanese Oaks giving Frankel his first Classic win.

She came home very well in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

Soul Stirring wins the Japanese Oaks giving Frankel his first Classic win.

The Japanese Oaks, that should seal it. Greatest sire in history of the sport.

• Itziger wrote: »

I know - only 1.6 million euro to the winner. Joke of a race really.

You can only judge a sire on proper British races, not these second class contests the Japs and paddies put on.

Itziger wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with the quality of Japanese racing, they've the best middle distance programme in the world.

Soul Stirring is more like Stacelita in attitude than Frankel, she's not a flashy ball of temperament like Swiss Storm or Seven Heavens.

The grinding untypical Frankels are the ones that'll excel. That's what makes the unexciting Cracksman such a threat in the Derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

I know - only 1.6 million euro to the winner. Joke of a race really.

You can only judge a sire on proper British races, not these second class contests the Japs and paddies put on.

Don't mind me, I'm just mad seeing their superstars coming over and winning the Arc every second year.

• Advertisement

Racing post Monday headline 1/3 "Frankel super sire wins Oaks" or 5/1 " Caravaggio paints a beautiful picture".

Advertisement