Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

zooplus.de

• 07-08-2015 6:17pm

Just made an order from Zooplus.de of €150 odd.

I see they are charging €9-99 for shipping to Ireland regardless of value of purchases. :(

Is there anywhere else that I can get a decent price on Orijen dry food?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Try .co.uk instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

ffs they used to do free shipping on their German site - this is bad news

Their Irish one is still showing free for orders of 49 or greater but I'm not sure of the selection of products and pricing there as it can differ a lot so I usually avoid it for the cheaper .de version

Might be no harm if we contact their customer service to express our disappointment.

Nody wrote: »
    Try .co.uk instead

More expensive after the exchange to £

Thanks anyway! :)

pawrick wrote: »
    ffs they used to do free shipping on their German site - this is bad news

Their Irish one is still showing free for orders of 49 or greater but I'm not sure of the selection of products and pricing there as it can differ a lot so I usually avoid it for the cheaper .de version

I think the Irish one is €2 more expensive for my order...

• Advertisement

Ended up ordering from Belgium site. Free shipping but their food is more expensive. Was about €5 cheaper is all. Still better in my pocket!!!

not too bad so - i buy a lot of parrot stuff as well as dog food and cat food on the German site. there can be quite a difference on the parrot treats of a few euro per item and their Irish site has a really poor selection in comparison. It all comes from the same store house anyhow so cant see why they would restrict the option apart from pushing us to use the irish site more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:mad: it used to be free shipping on .de for orders over €100!

Just sent an email to them querying the product range on the .ie site now they introduced charges on large orders for their irish customers on the .de version. Not hoping for much but no harm asking about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Advertisement

pawrick wrote: »
    Just sent an email to them querying the product range on the .ie site now they introduced charges on large orders for their irish customers on the .de version. Not hoping for much but no harm asking about it

I buy a lot of stuff on zooplus but it drives me mad they way you have to compare prices on the different sites when they all come from the same warehouse in Germany!!! I tell them that every time they ask me fill in a survey lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

I have stopped using them after they have started to charge you the PayPal fee which is not ok. I know it's only a few cent but a customer should never ever have to pay the fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

What? That is really bad news. Our next order is due pretty soon. I will very much express my deepest dissatisfaction with this change. The range in the German site is so much better.

I think an email from all of us may hopefully force them to reconsider this charge.

Generic type reply I received. I mentioned the choice on the irish site being limited and the removal of the free delivery on large orders to ireland from the German one. Might be no harm if others queried it also as it's 10 euro per order added on for seemingly no reason when it is still free from the irish site with less product choice and shipping from the same location?

Dear Mr. Xyz

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We are always looking for tips and suggestions to make our product provision as extensive as possible and to align our offering with the wishes of our Customers.

We will gladly pass your suggestion to our Product Assortment Team for consideration.

Sincerely,
    Your zooplus Service Team

I also wrote a sharply worded letter to them (in German) expressing my disgust and dissatisfaction ^^.
    Anyhow, did some checking of their multitude of sites and they seemed to have streamlined their shipping destinations to the regions they allegedly serve. However, they have also an international site where free shipping from 99 Euro is still in place.
    Just priced a sample order and they work out the same as the Irish site with a higher free shipping limit. Unfortunately, the German site still wotks out cheaper by 7 euro taken the shipping cost into account.
    Looks like we are screwed either way and have to pay shipping. Only positive thing you don't need to work you way up to 100 Euro per order, however, most of our orders would have been around the 80 or 90 mark anyway.

And they replied to my mail (sent last night, in fairness, a quick response given it's the weekend).

Translated from German:

"Many thanks for your message.
    We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause you. However, in light of the increase in logistics costs we are no longer able to offer free shipping to Ireland. We hope you can appreciate this.

To at least somewhat make up for this, we give you a 10 % discount code, redeemable with your next order."

At least this sets off the cost increase for one order :P Complaining pays somewhat ^^

That unable to offer free shipping to ireland though doesn't make sense when they offer it from the irish site on smaller orders. Only issue I have would be the limited stock on it.

Going to have to have a sit down and start comparing prices all over again when I get near a pc as I usually spend 150 per order every month and a half on the german site. Might work out cheaper to buy elsewhere now over the course of a year or buy in larger quantities. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Placed an order on the 30th of July, got the dispatch notification later that day and I still haven't received my package. Ran out of Markus Mühle a week ago :-( Was already on to them (using Google Translate to say some stuff with terrible German grammar :pac:) and they just said wait another 3 days :mad:

The only things that swayed me to go with the .de site over the .ie one was renewing my discount plan at 5% instead of 3%. With the postage it was only a few euro cheaper.

Cocolola wrote: »
    Placed an order on the 30th of July, got the dispatch notification later that day and I still haven't received my package. Ran out of Markus Mühle a week ago :-( Was already on to them (using Google Translate to say some stuff with terrible German grammar :pac:) and they just said wait another 3 days :mad:

The only things that swayed me to go with the .de site over the .ie one was renewing my discount plan at 5% instead of 3%. With the postage it was only a few euro cheaper.

To be fair you cut it a bit fine with the BH weekend?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Well for what it's worth, I just sent them a message (in English) referencing this thread.

I believe this is a very shortsighted move on their part. The free shipping over 99 Euro was a great incentive to buy in bulk. I buy Royal Canin, Purizon, Miamor and Catessy. Unfortunatey, when money is tight I'll probably end up buying much less from them now, as the .ie Catessy prices work out more expensive than you typical supermarket cat food here.

Does anyone know of any other competitively priced online pet food shops that ship to Ireland?

tk123 wrote: »

I know :o I was hoping there wasn't any BH in Germany or the Netherlands (where it stayed for days!)
    I also blame my OH for waiting till the last minute to go "oh there's no nuts left btw" despite me telling him before that we need at least a week's warning to get more :pac: I should have checked myself really!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

tk123 wrote: »

I ordered from the .ie site last weekend (the bank hol), and got the stuff on Thursday!

DBB wrote: »
    I ordered from the .ie site last weekend (the bank hol), and got the stuff on Thursday!

It's always the way! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Me too! Ordered Sunday night, received Thursday.

Feck it anyway!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I ordered on Monday and still waiting but it usually takes a week and a half to get to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I ordered from both the Irish and German stores on July 31st and both arrived today, hope you don't have to wait much longer cocolola!

Shame about the shipping fee, looks like I got my order in on time then! Didn't have to pay for shipping.

I ordered from both the Irish and German stores on July 31st and both arrived today, hope you don't have to wait much longer cocolola.

Got my text from DPD this morning, just heading home now to be there when it arrives, yay :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Very disappointed they are now charging for shipping from .de site, better range of products, more choice in bulk buying, and it's cheaper!
    Going to have to start shopping around again, I usually spend just over the free shipping, so the price with the new shipping cost is now 10% more.

Any bargains found? I feed all grain free, dog and cat food, wet and dry.
    I'll post if I find any good offers myself.

Advertisement