Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LCS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

C9 vs FNC

Origen vs TSM

EDG vs SKT

:D

My predictions to qualify from groups

A: KOO, CLG
    B: FNC, Invictus
    C: SKT, EDG
    D: LGD, KT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

SKT to win the whole thing !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

EDG will take it i reckon. They play each other in groups so thats gonna be a preview of the final imo. Not saying EDG will stop SKT but i could easily see it going 5 games. I will be rooting for the western teams, it would be nice if they could finally give Asia some competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

10 Days to GO !

Watched some of this last night.

I am not unreasonably excited for worlds ! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Korvanica wrote: »
    10 Days to GO !

Watched some of this last night.

I am not unreasonably excited for worlds ! :D:D

Old Fnatic :( That game vs OMG

• Advertisement

I was at the Semis (SWW SSB) and Finals last year.
    It was good at the time, but looking back it was way too 1 sided.
    Everyone knew and expected SSW to just dominate, and there was little resistance

Kind of a shame how the Koreans brought in the Rule that only 1 team per franchise could play, and SSW...one of the best teams I've ever see pay LOL just completely disbanded. At least they went out on top I suppose

Hoping this year is a little closer, but still want SKT T1 to win :) (they've been my team for a while, was disappointed and shocked they didn't even make Worlds last year ) , and their old 2 members Piglet and Impact just missed out with their teams in the NA

Probably the best game I've seen at worlds

Please keep posting epic games from within the last year or 2, (there are too many leagues and teams and games being played) to sift through these days. I'd rather watch one I KNOW is going to be good.

Sometimes I go back and watch that old Epic game from CLG and WE.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Please keep posting epic games from within the last year or 2, (there are too many leagues and teams and games being played) to sift through these days. I'd rather watch one I KNOW is going to be good.

Sometimes I go back and watch that old Epic game from CLG and WE.

M5 vs CLG.EU

GSG vs CJ Entus - Funny as hell.

Only a few hours to go! Really looking forward to Game 1 where we should find out as lot about the relative strength of EU to Asia. Fnatic far and away the best team in Europe vs the 3rd seed in Asia. Even for a 3rd seed Invictus are incredibly strong when on form with players like Kakao and Rookie who have been named the number 4 and 5 players in the world respectively. Can Fnatics superior shot calling and team synergy win out versus the jungle/mid duo of Invictus?

Also watching the Legends Rising Documentary which is pretty good so far!

• Advertisement

Very Hyped for this !

COME ONE FNATIC !!!

FNC FNC FNC!!

FNC crush IG

C9 demolish AHQ with a veigar

H2K did good against SKT until Marin gets a triple with Fiora

Great first day of Worlds yesterday. Fnatic looked so strong versus Invictus but they were on home soil with the crowd behind them so that could also explain why IG were dismantled so quickly.

I do believe though that they are very underrated on the world stage by some. If you look at the buildup to Worlds then a lot of people were predicting that Fantic would fail to get out of their Group as IG and AHQ would take the qualification spots. Maybe this will change some of the attitudes and opinions as for me the only teams that are in the same league are SKT, EDG and LGD. I think Korea has suffered from losing so much talent to China recently and there is a big gulf between SKT --> Koo and KT.

Really interested to see how Origen get on today versus LGD. Expecting an LGD win but hoping Origen can give a good showing. I think Origen can compete for second spot in that group as KT arent that strong imo. I also wonder which TSM will show up. They were so poor at MSI and CLG (who looked shaky yesterday) totally dismantled them in the NA final. To be honest I see a lot of pain for TSM in this group and they will restructure massively after the tournament. Bjergsen is the only stand out player on the team. I think they will retain Lustboy and Bjergsen and do what Fanatic did last year. Dyrus hasnt adapted to the carry top lane meta and WildTurtle and Santorin are just middle of the road pro's. I think actually Kickis could be a good fit for them if they dont go to Korea to find a jungler and adc.

TSM were actually doing fine until Dyrus started being Dyrus.

Ssumdays only death came from a 4 man tower dive. Dyrus needlessly gave away first blood and got caught a lot. Montecristo said it best, he only used his ult to do anything other than run away. Santorin was also non-existent.

Origen beat LGD, best game so far

Xpeke Quadra with Orianna to win in the mid game, and then EDG take baron while Soaz destroys their base and ends it later on

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Origen beat LGD, best game so far

Xpeke Quadra with Orianna to win in the mid game, and then EDG take baron while Soaz destroys their base and ends it later on

Fantastic game! Soaz doing an Xpeke! Origen playing the pick and ban phase really well and strategically did so well all game! I've been saying it for a while now... Europe has become a really strong region in the last year. I watch all regions and nothing I have seen in Korea or China makes me think that they are miles ahead of europe at macro level play. I think where asian players excel is mechanically and you could see that even in Origins victory. Mechanical ability will never be as important at this level though as macro level play. If you have two teams who are strategically evenly matched then mechanics can make the difference. This is where I think Europe may struggle a little later in the tournament vs SKT, EDG and LDG. I think LDG expected to walk this game and paid the price for underestimating Origen. I expect a different LDG to show up in the next game!

Credit though to KT Rolster... one of their members said he thought Origen could surprise LGD in an interview before the game!

Must be the most diverse champion picks ever in a tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Huni with his bull**** :(

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Huni with his bull**** :(

I dont think he is a Huni champ in the same way as GP isnt. He makes a mistake and then tries to make up for it and then just makes another. He aggressively flashed for no reason a number of times and just wasnt there for the final teamfight.

To be honest AHQ played a good pick and ban phase. They saw that Fnatic were going for the all in comp with Sivir, Olaf, Darius and Annie. What a great support pick in Tahm Kench to counter that comp. Fnatic would all in the adc and Tahm would just swallow him. Also fizz with Zhonyas is nearly impossible to all in. Problem for fnatic now is that AHQ has just shown everyone else how to beat that fnatic comp.

• Advertisement

It's just so bizarre, Huni hasn't played like this at all in summer split, he has been so disciplined in playstyle and then he makes 3 absolutely bat**** insane plays in one game, I can't begin to understand what was going through his mind. Maybe it had something to do with MSI and this being him trying to make some kind of statement.

But I do agree that Darius should never be blind-picked, this has backfired on so many teams so far, Balls only just about got away with earlier today, and that was only because of Sneaky and Incarnation carrying.

It's just so bizarre, Huni hasn't played like this at all in summer split, he has been so disciplined in playstyle and then he makes 3 absolutely bat**** insane plays in one game, I can't begin to understand what was going through his mind. Maybe it had something to do with MSI and this being him trying to make some kind of statement.

But I do agree that Darius should never be blind-picked, this has backfired on so many teams so far, Balls only just about got away with earlier today, and that was only because of Sneaky and Incarnation carrying.

Yup overrated pick imo. Far better choices available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Playboy wrote: »
    Yup overrated pick imo. Far better choices available.

Hehehehehehhehehehehe

Hehehehehehhehehehehe

If you pick Yasuo against Darius, then yes---otherwise the point still stands. On a sidenote, I'm done with FNC and Huni and their bullsht.

Hehehehehehhehehehehe

Balls showing how it's done. You could see he was far more comfortable on Darius than Huni was. Tbh I don't think this meta suits Huni. He needs to go back to some comfort picks or Fnatic risk going out at the group stages. His Heca and Rumble are phenomenal and they got their only win vs IG with him on Heca.

The Yasou pick into a Darius, Morgana and Azir was just silly. Incarnation is really strong on Azir and if you aren't going to pick it then ban it. The wombo combo was such a bad choice vs Cloud 9 in that game and again we see Fnatic fail at champ select which is shocking since it was where they were so good all summer split long. Back to basics I think or we won't be seeing them for much longer.

On the other hand Origen are playing out of there skin. Peke must have eaten his spinach because he is on top form so far. They are playing a far better pick and ban phase to Fnatix and the meta seems to suit them better. There game vs KT was so so well played. Some of the macro decision making was just brilliant to watch. Who shot calls for them, is it Peke or do they all play a part?

Thinking about that Fnatic draft again... it was so so stupid versus a Darius and Azir and they knew Lemon played a lot of Morgana. They should be kiting Darius but instead they pick an all in scaling comp and a bad lane matchup. Morgana can shield the Yasou target and Azir can disengage leaving Yasou isolated. You are playing right into the hands of Darius who just needs 1 kill to get rolling in a team-fight and then its dunk city.

There was no need for that kind of risk taking from Fnatic and I can only think that they must have underestimated C9. I thought they would have learned their lesson after the AHQ game but it looks like they havent. What a big day next Sunday is for them. I have a feeling the pressure might be too much.

If you pick Yasuo against Darius, then yes---otherwise the point still stands. On a sidenote, I'm done with FNC and Huni and their bullsht.

Mithy: "Whats that rumbling sound? Why is there dust rising from Fnatics camp?"
    xPeke: "That's the bandwagoners on the move."

Saw that on Reddit today.. very funny! :D

I think it's justified when you have Huni acting like an idiot. Anyways if I was going to bandwagon it would be over to C9.

• Advertisement

Finally caught up on all the matches

C9 have turned up, FNC need to cop on to themselves. That game shows how balanced Darius is :P

SKT made mincemeat of the second best team in the world, I don't think they will drop a game.

Let the Origen bandwagon begin :p

Advertisement