Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LCS

• 19-06-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching the LCS recently? Big game yesterday between Origin and Fnatic... 2 members of old Fnatic on each team (Xpeke and Soaz vs Yellowstar and Rekkles). The game lived up to expectations and was exciting from the word Go! Origin came out the worst from a couple of early trades which easily could have gone their way but the turning point was Niels getting caught by Huni in midlane which gave Fnatic an early baron which Origin contested as 4 and died.

I was surprised though as I thought Origin had a far superior Team Fighting composition (Heca, Gragas, Azir, Sivir, Annie) in comparison to Fnatic (Ekko, Olaf, Viktor, Kalista, Janna). Xpeke didnt really perform on Azir and tbh I'm not a big fan of that champ. He is strong in lane, has good poke and mobility but he just doesnt lay down enough damage in a Team Fight and he is mechanically too complex for the results you get.

It is so refreshing though to see two european teams be agressive and take risks rather than playing a passive and boring style that has plagued the division for so long.

Fnatic are really showing how strong they are now in every department. Yellowstar is turning out to be a fantastic shotcaller and Huni imo is far and away the best player in the EU LCS. Given how strong Fnatic were in Mid Season Invitational (taking SKT to 5 games in the Semi's) in what was the first split this team played together and with a sub standard ADC, it really looks good for Fnatic in being able to truly compete at Worlds. For too long the EU and NA have lagged behind China and Korea but finally EU seems to be making some inroads. NA look further away than ever though :/ I also dont think its a bad thing that Fnatic have imported two Koreans as it means the rest of the EU can learn and hopefully raise their game to adapt.

Really disappointed with UoL at the moment. Not sure whats up with them but they seem to be tilting really badly and making far too many mistakes in game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Only watched the OG vs FNC game yesterday and it was very exciting, action from the get go. Also noticed that Elements won a game too, what a shocker :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Only watched the OG vs FNC game yesterday and it was very exciting, action from the get go. Also noticed that Elements won a game too, what a shocker :p

Yes a shocker! To be fair I think the penny has finally dropped with them. They were the poster boys for this horrible passive play-style in Europe and they seem to be doing better now that they have been trying to go more aggressive. Froggen's mid Ekko is quite good and a nice change for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Too many games to keep up with these days between NA LCS, EU LCS and LCK.
    Though there are some highlights only channels which really help with catching up on the games.

The big tournaments are great where you can just veg out for a week and watch full games

Big game this in Europe with Fnatic taking on H2k. Both teams look top drawer at the moment so it will be interesting to see who come out on top. Both Fnatic and H2k have also moved up the international power rankings overall with Fnatic now listed as 6th.

UoL are also hopefully back on track after a win last week which consolidates their 4th place position. It would be nice if they could pull off a couple of wins as a semi-final 4 of Fnatic, H2k, Origen and UoL will make for great entertainment. UoL I always feel only really shine in a best of 5 so if they make it to the playoffs then they could surprise people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

It'll be a good game alright between Fnatic and H2K. Rest of them not so much i think. possibly UoL v Giants. Think UoL will take that.

HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO !

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    It'll be a good game alright between Fnatic and H2K. Rest of them not so much i think. possibly UoL v Giants. Think UoL will take that.

HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO !

UoL failed again even though looking the far better team for most of the game at both macro and micro level. What has let them down massively in this split is their champion pool. They are not playing very many meta champs and this is causing them massive issues in closing out games.

If we take their game versus Giants. The line up was;

Shen (Top) - Pocket pick... not convinced by it at all as you are losing a threat when people are running regular triple threat compositions

Lee Sin (Jungle) - Far better junglers out there at the moment .. Gragas, Rek'sai, Sejuani, Nunu... even Olaf is being used really effectively by Fnatic.

Syndra (Mid) - Not really a strong pick in this meta but PoE is playing her just because he is comfortable on her. It doesnt feel like there is a strategy here.

Morgana (Support) - Not really meta but Hylissang is really good on her. Would prefer to see more Nautilus and Alistair

Jinx (Adc) - Not a bad pick but nowhere near as strong as Sivir or Kalista

They need to really look at their style and picks and make some big adjustments if they are going to succeed. Their macro strategy is good but its not enough to carry them in sub par team comps.

That Olaf axe in the fnatic game doe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Playboy wrote: »
    Lee Sin (Jungle) - Far better junglers out there at the moment .. Gragas, Rek'sai, Sejuani, Nunu... even Olaf is being used really effectively by Fnatic.

Tell that to Rush!

n1ck wrote: »
    Tell that to Rush!

Well to be fair C9 are really awful at the moment! However he is a pretty amazing Lee player and he was top notch in that game.

Anyone see Fenix Azir plays for Team Liquid vs CLG at the weekend? Quadra kill is pretty amazing. Not really been a big fan of Azir but I think players and teams are getting more comfortable on him and we are starting to see more of his potential to make plays.

• Advertisement

Damn that was nice. I played Azir a lot after his release, he was sleeper OP. He hits a huge power spike after his 3rd item. When they nerfed his soldier attack range I played one game and failed hard with him and haven't touched him since. I think they brought the range back up but not to the same values it was after release. He's lots of fun to play though

I hate Azir, feel like he's strong throughout the game and he's really hard to lane against.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can anyone post some of their favourite matchups this season, I've not watched any of this Split ....but if you can recall a few great games I'll happily go watch the Highlights. EU LCS / LCK / NA LCS or LPL

TDK vs TSM last week and Fnatic vs Origen were the two that stood out for me

Kickis has left UoL which is really strange as they have a strong shot at playoffs and worlds still. Very odd to leave half way through the season. Think UoL will really struggle without him as he is a top jungler and will be very hard to replace. If they are smart they should try and poach Dexter from Elements.

Fnatic vs Origen was awesome! Origen ran them really close. You could say they threw it away but Fnatic are just so strong at teamfighting and their decision making is on another level. I really think they have a shot at challenging the Korean/Chinese dominance at worlds.

Apparently Kikis had problems living in the house and the practise schedule or something, it wasn't performance related.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That Piglet steal :ooooooooo

Just an update on Kikis, it's rumoured he's in talks with C9.

Just an update on Kikis, it's rumoured he's in talks with C9.

Wow... They are really struggling at the moment so a strange choice. Hai is their jungler now and its still not working out.

Wow... They are really struggling at the moment so a strange choice. Hai is their jungler now and its still not working out.

A lot of their team aren't performing really, Balls has been bottom of nearly all the stats for top laners, Lemonnation... well, he sucks and Hai isn't mechanically strong but his shot calling is strong.

I don't see how bringing Kikis in will help because they're still going to lack a strong top and support. Incarnati0n has also been a big flop but with a mechanically better jungle presence that may change.

• Advertisement

Kikis joined Gamers2, oh dear :(

What an odd choice for him :/

Anyone get tickets for the Worlds quarter finals today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

No didn't try. Gonna have a go for the Finals though. Flights bought, going to Berlin whether i get tickets or not. Myself and about 5 mates. Should be great !

And their old jungler who was with Gamers2 (Gilius) has come the other way. He left last time due to 'personality' issues. Very odd choice given they are on the cusp of Worlds.

Korvanica wrote: »
    No didn't try. Gonna have a go for the Finals though. Flights bought, going to Berlin whether i get tickets or not. Myself and about 5 mates. Should be great !

I got front row tickets for the Thursday in London and not so good tickets for Sunday. I went last time at Wembley arena and it was good craic so hope it will be even better for Worlds.

And their old jungler who was with Gamers2 (Gilius) has come the other way. He left last time due to 'personality' issues. Very odd choice given they are on the cusp of Worlds.

Yeah, he is famously toxic and a lot of people hate him so I don't see how it's a good thing for UOL at all considering a lot of people liked them!

Yeah, he is famously toxic and a lot of people hate him so I don't see how it's a good thing for UOL at all considering a lot of people liked them!

It beggars belief that Kickis couldnt be persuaded to complete the season and try and compete for worlds. Sounds like something went down, PoE had really poor body language with him at the end of his last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I like UOL because they try new things and Kikis brought out jungle TF/Gnar/Udyr/Shaco/Wukong in competitive play :(

UoL were spanked by SK yesterday with the new jungler going 1-7 on Lee Sin. Lee Sin was also locked in as first pick by UoL. So with all the top the tier champs available... they pick Lee Sin :confused: Is Lee Sin the only jungler he can play or are they building a team comp around the guy who just joined the team? They have just kissed worlds goodbye, what a bunch of idiots. I dont understand how professionals can act so unprofessionally... how hard is it to put your ego aside for a few weeks so you can compete at the pinnacle of the game.. a chance you may never get again. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Oh and Huni played Riven and did great on her! Holo holo holo holo

Advertisement