Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC tutors please read

• 21-05-2014 9:00pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is a forum to help people on FETAC courses and those considering them.

It is not a place for your class to try out posting to forums for their IT or Communications modules or to post inane questions which can be answered by you.

I have noticed waves of posts coming from particular IPs during a two or three hour window. These are from one class and will all be closed or deleted.

**stickied for the moment to get the message across**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Yvonne Smith

I have read this post and I am a tutor and yes I did get my class to sign up to Boards.ie. They have to get used to posting on forums and what better way to get them started! I don't feel that the questions posted were 'inane' at all and they were asked to post genuine questions they might have about doing the module. What is wrong with that? I don't think that just because they came from the same IP address last night that the posts should be deleted. They are only delighted to be signed up and will use Boards.ie at home for their own benefit. I have introduced 8 new people to the website who before this didn't know it existed! Please do not delete the posts! These people are returning to education and often times have questions they would love answered about Fetac. Tutors often recommend and use websites for educational purposes, once I showed them last night they will be flying at it themselves...just do not see how it is a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Are they posts about healthcare 5... If you look a the fetac board it is completely taken over by posts last night, which makes all other subjects fall down and makes the board very hard to use and iwould say annoying to moderate... Hths

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Asking what time a class starts to work out a bus time is not appropriate for this forum. If they want to start a useful thread and contribute more than one sentence answers to it, it will be allowed, but otherwise it is spam and will be deleted as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CreativeCatz

Are you saying this forum is not a place to pose questions other tutors? I have some questions myself and and am teaching a traineeship.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are you saying this forum is not a place to pose questions other tutors? I have some questions myself and and am teaching a traineeship.

No. Tutors can post work related queries and do. Students can also post queries about courses they are thinking of doing, though usually such queries are better answered by asking the colleges directly.

The problem this post addressed was classes of FETAC students fulfilling an assignment such as 'Make a post in an online forum' and filling this forum with rubbish.

There is no issue with people signing up for boards, but they need to read the rules and follow them. Likewise posts from newly signed up FETAC students are welcome as long as they are in the correct forum and not of the 'Hi. My name is xxxx, is anyone else studying xxxx at xxx?' type.

There is a test forum where new members can test are they able to post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement