Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Dota 2 boards guild

• 16-07-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Right so there are a few of us that play dota fairly often on here and I want names! Lets get a pool of boardsies going for some non competitive fun. I've 800 odd hours logged but if you're new we can help each other along and get you playing support :)

Add me on steam: Guyver0_o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

Count me in, 400+ hours, countless games listening to guyver's whining, years of dota 1 under the belt too.

steam name same as username....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is a guild already, have you guys joined? Would be good to have a voice comms such as a boards vent/mumble/team speak that one could hop on to play with others.

Could we hijack one of the already running ts servers maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

well that's gonna save some time then, I had a quick scan of boards but saw no mention of it. I poped into the Ireland chat ingame and ye rude hoors wouldn't talk to me. Just use skype (define_name is mine skype handle btw) but I could setup a TS room if the numbers are there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tankran wrote: »
    Could we hijack one of the already running ts servers maybe?
    I regularly steam peoples VOIP! is tehre a boards gaming server we could use? I thought I remembered there being one.

Dboy85 wrote: »
    well that's gonna save some time then, I had a quick scan of boards but saw no mention of it. I poped into the Ireland chat ingame and ye rude hoors wouldn't talk to me. Just use skype (define_name is mine skype handle btw) but I could setup a TS room if the numbers are there.

Ah it's rare to see the chat. Skype is annoying and isn't push to talk, I find other programs better, you can just idle, dont need to make calls etc. If you see me in the chat, message me to be added to the guild. Maybe over steam, as I never see the in game chat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Boards.ie Teamspeak regularly has 4/5 Dota 2 players on in the evening, and we occassionally get 10 in for some craic.

Teamspeak 3 IP: 188.165.244.23
    No password

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Boards.ie Teamspeak regularly has 4/5 Dota 2 players on in the evening, and we occassionally get 10 in for some craic.

No password

Ok I raged uninstalled, again, but I'll be on tonight from 6 :D

Suppose i'll come play. Not looking forward to cherrytrolling again :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tankran wrote: »
    Suppose i'll come play. Not looking forward to cherrytrolling again :/

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Add Dreddybajs on steam if you want an invite to the boards guild (there are a few other officers that can add people too): deconduo, Lynchy, Philip Straight Shortcake, TarAldarion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

? things actually happen in the boards.ie dota 2 guild? lol.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    ? things actually happen in the boards.ie dota 2 guild? lol.

You can open your queue to people in the guild, once we have some more people in there it might be possible to organise inhouses via there too. Also they might add more features to the guilds down the line that'll be useful. Anything's more useful than posts like yours anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 offtheboat

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Add Dreddybajs on steam if you want an invite to the boards guild (there are a few other officers that can add people too): deconduo, Lynchy, Philip Straight Shortcake, TarAldarion.

hey, i sent a steam friend invite today Dreddybajs, looking to join the dota2 boards guild.

No worries, think I've added everyone who's added me to the guild.

No password

Wasn't aware there was a place to talk about our feeding. I have my own TS but might pop on later, I like feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

Add me as well steam id: fol20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Please use correct Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Tar invite me to the bloody guild ya plank

Fine I'll raise the average feed level :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Could go for an auld invite myself, Deno_0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Just started playing DOTA 2, been watching Purge for months now and want to get into it. Sent a few friend invites and would like to join the boards guild. Steam ID is trixer994. Will pick up a headset this weekend for TS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mykusxz

Can I also be added to the guild? Steam name is mykusxz

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ibDennis

Hey guys, new to boards. But I have 500+ games under my belt.

most of this in pubs. would love to play some games for fun with 4 others who are not russian:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Can I be invited to the guild again please.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Constant Curiosity

i know this is old thread but i couldn't find anything more relevant, i've 250h on D2 and looking for people that play daily/weekends, please add Crazyfeet and we get a game together. It's annoying playing in Pubs most of the time trying to pull the game by myself. BTW tried joining the league but it says its full?

Hey, feel free to add yourself to the list and to add others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Hey guys. I've been a support all my Dota 2 life. I don't have farming intuition whatsoever so I play as position 5 usually except when absolutely needed or when I play Earthshaker which I love. As I don't have farming intuition, I have a problem of where I should be going during mid-game and I find that I do really well when there's a good team shot-caller and find myself lost trying to ward alone(risking death) or just dieing altogether when without one.

I don't have a MMR as I hate playing without communications as, again, I am noob without a shotcaller. And usually you don't have that in solo queues. I am 8 games from getting a team MMR as I did play with some friends before.

Is there space for someone like me in this guild? :)

EDIT: Just noticed post dates prior to the last two..Does the guild still exist..? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

It exists, it's just not very active...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Constant Curiosity

Hey guys. I've been a support all my Dota 2 life. I don't have farming intuition whatsoever so I play as position 5 usually except when absolutely needed or when I play Earthshaker which I love. As I don't have farming intuition, I have a problem of where I should be going during mid-game and I find that I do really well when there's a good team shot-caller and find myself lost trying to ward alone(risking death) or just dieing altogether when without one.

I don't have a MMR as I hate playing without communications as, again, I am noob without a shotcaller. And usually you don't have that in solo queues. I am 8 games from getting a team MMR as I did play with some friends before.

Is there space for someone like me in this guild? :)

EDIT: Just noticed post dates prior to the last two..Does the guild still exist..? o.O

you just described my and other noobers gameplay :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Greg12345

hey lads if your looking for 1 more for some Rated games, i ve got over 10 years of exp. since dota 1.

Advertisement