Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Comments

Stev_o wrote: »
    Yup combination of 5's and 3's and on average they'v lasted 40 minutes each and all of them it's been clear who's going to win by at least 25 minutes.

Hmm strange I play with a few decent players who will always emphasise a strat while playing over vent as annoying as it is to hear but it works. No going off to farm after genociding the other team push as far as possible. About 90% of my loses so far would be when I play solo! I'm average myself(around 1750 in hon) so can be annoying with the skill difference I'm flung into during inhouses etc.
    GO_Bear wrote: »
    I am currently mostly solo queuing cause one of lads I gave a key too, his computer is quite old so he gets 15 fps in team fights so he still plays mostly hon and the other is a newish LoL player who I don't think enjoys the difficulty ( when I got in first with them there were few "new" players and most were "quite" seasoned )

My problem is I don't like playing hard carries, I hate ricing, I prefer semi carries, or team orientated heroes like Slardar, Razor, Tide or Sandking.

I have been trying to mid more, as my ongoing endeavor in HoN to get my MMR up has though me that the only way to do it is to dominate mid so hard that even if both lanes fail you can still pull it back, just difficult when a ruskie insta picks Tinker and proceeds to buy phase boots or something stupid like that.

I'm a similar player, I like to play initiators or gankers. My best heroes would be Sank King or Earth Shaker but in both games DOTA & HON they can not swing a game in your favour no matter how well you play if you have a team full of spastics. The minute I see ||||||||||||||||||| in text I want to throw my monitor out the ****ing window.

There is a few of us that play on my vent so if you're looking for a place to come on to play a few games with five drop me a PM & I'll send you the vent ip & my Steam ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

I am really not impressed with Dota2 so far - as a HoN player it just feels sluggish (not sure if this is just poor performance or the intentional speed of the game -aside from the originality and a few nice features HoN is still a superior game for me (at the moment)

Graphically or more specifically "presentation" wise the game reminds me more of LoL then HoN (thats a bad thing for me) - When heroes cast spells it just turns into a mish-mash of colour and effects - In HoN skills are clearly defined - its easy to see whats doing what damage and accordingly the game is more enjoyable/tactical - there is a strong emphasis on positioning as things move so quickly - its hard to tell whether you are in or out of damage range in Dota2 - to someone who doesn't know the heroes in detail its impossible to watch

The UI needs a lot of work (it IS beta so thats fair enough) - I am used to having certain information available to me without having to click open a drop-down menu etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Hercule wrote: »
    I am really not impressed with Dota2 so far - as a HoN player it just feels sluggish (not sure if this is just poor performance or the intentional speed of the game -aside from the originality and a few nice features HoN is still a superior game for me (at the moment)

Graphically or more specifically "presentation" wise the game reminds me more of LoL then HoN (thats a bad thing for me) - When heroes cast spells it just turns into a mish-mash of colour and effects - In HoN skills are clearly defined - its easy to see whats doing what damage and accordingly the game is more enjoyable/tactical - there is a strong emphasis on positioning as things move so quickly - its hard to tell whether you are in or out of damage range in Dota2 - to someone who doesn't know the heroes in detail its impossible to watch

The UI needs a lot of work (it IS beta so thats fair enough) - I am used to having certain information available to me without having to click open a drop-down menu etc.

Im the other way around, HoN's presentation always but me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yup combination of 5's and 3's and on average they'v lasted 40 minutes each and all of them it's been clear who's going to win by at least 25 minutes.

imo it's too easy to fall into this attitude. Dota games are rarely decided at 25 minutes, but that's when people start to give up and then the game really is over because a few players on the team that's behind have given up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

The twenty five minute mark is when Magina has just gotten his battlefury :o 6 towers down, 20 kills lagging, but if you stacked those camps for him and hold old till he gets manta/bkb/basher/whatever ! Chances are you will win :3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am in! as are several of my friends! will add you go bear and whoever else wants some games.

I don't have a headset at the moment, must pick one up this weekend, broke my last one....

any recommendations for a good one in the Dublin city centre area ? I tried maplains but they suck :o .

Want to get it sorted for playing with a team ! Although probably good I didn't have it so far as the russians would get a peice of my mind ;o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

personally wouldnt get a headset in a shop, so wouldnt know. best bet is online and have it in a few days!

here is a guide a friend here on boards wrote.
    http://www.vanillatf2.org/2011/07/guide-toss-your-old-headphones/
    i have the JVC HA-RX700s there, very nice for that price

just added you but im not the one on my account now so wont be replying if you said anything.

I am in! as are several of my friends! will add you go bear and whoever else wants some games.

I'll play a few tomorrow or over the weekend! Avoid playing by yourself starting off!

ah yeah i had access to the game on another acc but just cba playing without some e-pals. Now that a good few people have them I'll start to play and be my usual bad self.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TarAldarion/
    if anybody wants a game! Have a mumble we can use etc.

• Advertisement

Added both, I won't have time tonight but should be about tomorrow or over the weekend for some SK ownage!

I find only rage comics can express what I feel

2902c937-f042-4a77-ae5b-ab3938d096a3.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's now a DOTA 2 channel on the boards.ie Teamspeak server.

Enderman wrote: »
    There's now a DOTA 2 channel on the boards.ie Teamspeak server.

Many thanks, I had been sneaking into the League of Legends channel to use it when it was empty :p

So yeah Anti Mage and GG guys? ****ing bull****. Another note WR buying a Codex when we have DB and SK fuuuuuuuuuu.

i have a mumble and vent if those are preferred also.

So yeah Anti Mage and GG guys? ****ing bull****. Another note WR buying a Codex when we have DB and SK fuuuuuuuuuu.

I had a Mirana getting a battlefury, I know your pain.

I had a Mirana getting a battlefury, I know your pain.

It's just infuriating, it's like I may aswell go afk cause im never going to get farmed cause that bastard keeps KSing with a ****ty item that has no use at all unless your going mega cheese.

im never going to get farmed cause that bastard keeps KSing with a ****ty item

11632473.jpg

• Advertisement

GO_Bear wrote: »
    11632473.jpg

Hardly the same when the other teams AM is going on his streaks of kills and im being ****ing denied by my own team!

Hardly the same when the other teams AM is going on his streaks of kills and im being ****ing denied by my own team!

Aye your right I was only kidding ! :p

Can be annoying if he is obviously trying to steal the kills, but in a crunch situation I live by " Better safe then sorry " to many times I tried to leave the carry get the kill on some one but they couldn't and he got force staff / swapped away etc.

I will support you some day and triple/quad stack the forest for you, they can steal as many of your kills as they like but it won't matter after two or three triple stacked ancient camps and runs of the woods !

One way of getting the ***** back is to go Tiny mid, proceed to chuck them into action at every opportunity. There is no way of turning that off(that green light on hon) at the moment from what I know!

Am watching the first Dreamhack game lol, Furion bought a dagon

Yeah so far iv found that they are several lets just say "clutch" (cause I don't think im in a position to say "op" ) heros that if you see in your game you'v probably already won. Don't think iv lost a game when Tiny has midded. Haven't lost a game when we'v had Anti Mage. Iv lost countless games cause someone chose Riki....

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

ive two invites if anyone hasn't gotten one yet.

Me, Tar, Allyson Greasy Duet and Seye played a few games tonight, the highlights being
    • Tar struting around like a boss two shotting **** with Skeleton King
    • Allyson Greasy Duet being Smote by a thunder god
    • Me dropping Lich ults on solo's
    • Seye hoarding 6k cash on sniper
    • Tar struting around two shotting things on Kunka

Fun times :pac::pac:

me just running into their base with aegis and not leaving til they were all dead and me too of course :p

"I TWO SHOT HIM I TWO SHOT HIM"

so rusty but great fun lads :)

Two wins in a row is a personel best for me on dota to be honest :o , ****ing solo queue

• Advertisement

Ya had a great laugh lads. That ****ing Zeus pissed me off! At least I recovered some big arrow shots! :D

Funniest thing for me was the two shot on a lvl 23 hero..just the shock of it! Some good support in both games bear and some big plays as lion trolling the void! Sorry about the conn crashes, ****ing eircom!

Advertisement