Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Didn't get a a key.

Great PC, but answered N/A and 0 to everything :P

Still waiting :(

the 4-5 players that I play hon with all have one but me. **** you Valve

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Still waiting :(

the 4-5 players that I play hon with all have one but me. **** you Valve

And none of them will give you one ??

Only 900 users on right now 8:00 pm ( One person streaming it told me )

So not that many really

In the blog he posted that they would be giving more out "Every couple of days" so hopefully we all get in :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

well it was like 300 on so it is a lot bigger average now

I'm in, ( and sorry had my two keys promised to mates )

Its fantastic, graphics are wonderful and the little details are great, there is nothing like killing Mirana with Balanar, too have him say "Mirana, the moon favours me !" or picking up a blink dagger on Magina and him raging " Blink dagger?? what a waste ! "

Still noticeably Beta, MM is quick with the recent waves of invites. But its completely pot luck, either hardcore Dota players who are good, or friends of players / staff who blow so hard.

Still alot left to implement, and ALOT of russians ( those who played some hon know what I mean ) Nothing worse then starting a game

Teammate 1 picks Void, 2 picks axe, 3 picks puck and four picks Riki, so I play crystal maiden to support void or riki.

Riki storms mid with no regen ( doesn't skill cloud till level 12 or so ) Axe with two stout shields and a set of tangos wants to lane with void, leaving me and puck top, we lost ... hard :(

Have had a few good games though

If anyone else is in and wants to play PM me your steam and I will add you, MM is much moar fun with frunds :I

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i can actually play when i want and dont bother due to it being bad without friends.

i can actually play when i want and dont bother due to it being bad without friends.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998912472/

Is my steam, I normally play after 7/8 in the evenings for an hour or 3 !!

We can get our pudge on

will try to get on some day soon maybe today, its a shared acc so it wont always be me on it btw

I got one there last week

Indeed, I rarely play if we don't have 5. The amount of dribbling spastics you can get is unreal. It is good but does feel alot slower then HoN. I'd prefer HoN if it was balanced properly but it is very far from it and getting worse with every update.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Got into the beta today :) Will post my thoughts in the coming days.

• Advertisement

still no key fml

So yeah after playing a few games with this you can really tell that this game has a LONG way to go before being a finished product. That said I can't see this being anything then a F2P game just don't see what it is offering people that you can't experience already for free.

The UI is my main gripe, it gets in the way a lot of times and imo takes up too much of the screen. The shop interface especially has to be changed cause at the moment it's a ****ing mess if you don't know the items off by heart, probably the worst thing about the game imo.

Gameplay is okay again it's not eluding to something new or different it's the same old Dota gameplay and mechanics so if your expecting something mind blowing then don't look here cause you won't find it.

It's a good game and im enjoying it with friends at the moment but I don't think id ever pay money for it.

On another note Valve better use this spectating tech to their advantage in future releases, it's one of the best features iv ever used.

whats so good about it? not given it a try

whats so good about it? not given it a try

Literally can watch ANY match. It's fantastic especialy when your waiting for a mate to finish a game you can just watch. Though it is done in delay to prevent ghosting and lag the server out.

Had a great game as jugger there but christ it took us a hour to finish a game which should of been wrapped up in 30 mins god damn no concede. Really loving this game with friends.

Aye the no concede can get annoying , bear in mind though that a team with a realy hard carry like magina, can easily come back from being 6 towers down if he gets his items, Happened against me 3 times over the weekend

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Aye the no concede can get annoying , bear in mind though that a team with a realy hard carry like magina, can easily come back from being 6 towers down if he gets his items, Happened against me 3 times over the weekend

Already aware have had it happen to me in Hon and LoL several times before. Just frustrating sometimes, we had TH ****ing farming when we had our advantage, was like come on dude get in here and lets finish this **** already instead of dicking around. Sigh

magina is picked in, and ruins, every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Is he magina that good in Dota 2?
    He's nothing special in hon atm

He is very powerful, so hard to lock down, and they build vanguard so after the 20 minute mark without doom / Roar / Rhasta its hard to hold him there long enough for kill,

I just won a game against one that had 450 gpm , way higher then our weaver, but we had Doom and me on Slardar with blink to follow him up :D our awesome support dazzle with a scythe also helped, even though we were like 6 towers ahead and 12 kills I though for a second he could bring it back for them, but alas no, his team mates failed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Antimage is an excellent hero but he's not really overpowered or anything - the thing is you need coordinated ganks to kill him with chain stuns etc., which is a level of teamwork most pub teams aren't capable of. If you let him farm up without doing that he's going to wreck your team.

The main reason anti mage roles so many pub games is the other team picking like spastics. If you have no cc he can just blink around killing everyone. I've found that in games we've had 5 playing he's really not a problem.

I don't play hon at all anymore and really like dota 2, mainly because its balanced! One thing you'll find about dota is it is more critical in the sense of one mistake in a fight will lose you a game. while in hon you could have recovered with one of the many stupid heroes they brought in.

Played Ancient Apparition last night for the first time, they added him to Dota after I stopped playing it.

He was hella fun ! , Slaughtered a shadow fiend mid ( albeit he was crap ) with no chick or wards, his ulty takes a bit getting used to but its sweet. Unfortunately my team went full retard.

Then on a side not I played a game with doom on the long lane against lion, quite a good counter as he kept draining me so I could not even devour, eventually I went top and we did a tri lane and only got a 25 minute radience ;o

The main reason anti mage roles so many pub games is the other team picking like spastics. If you have no cc he can just blink around killing everyone. I've found that in games we've had 5 playing he's really not a problem.

I don't play hon at all anymore and really like dota 2, mainly because its balanced! One thing you'll find about dota is it is more critical in the sense of one mistake in a fight will lose you a game. while in hon you could have recovered with one of the many stupid heroes they brought in.

Don't get what your saying here. Sorta happens in every moba game.

Stev_o wrote: »
    [/B]

Don't get what your saying here. Sorta happens in every moba game.

Well in HoN I found you could be stupidly behind and still have a much better chance once you had a decent hard carry compared to DOTA. In DOTA I've found that if you win a team fight pushing seems alot easier with the hero pool it has & in turn you can end a game much quicker while being ahead.

Well in HoN I found you could be stupidly behind and still have a much better chance once you had a decent hard carry compared to DOTA. In DOTA I've found that if you win a team fight pushing seems alot easier with the hero pool it has & in turn you can end a game much quicker while being ahead.

I haven't seen this tbh, if anything it still is the standard "Don't dick around when you have the advantage if they have a hard carry". Iv nearly lost games where people got lazy and wanted to improve their KS then push a obvious advantage and let the other teams carry back into being a deciding factor.

Still pissed that the games take too long 40-50 minute games = awfully boring and drawn out.

Still pissed that the games take too long 40-50 minute games = awfully boring and drawn out.

Pick Furion and get boots of travel and split push like no tomorrow !!

what_have_you_done_face_by_peteypiranha128-d3pbwit.jpg

I haven't seen this tbh, if anything it still is the standard "Don't dick around when you have the advantage if they have a hard carry". Iv nearly lost games where people got lazy and wanted to improve their KS then push a obvious advantage and let the other teams carry back into being a deciding factor.

Do you play with 5?

Do you play with 5?

Yup combination of 5's and 3's and on average they'v lasted 40 minutes each and all of them it's been clear who's going to win by at least 25 minutes.

• Advertisement

I am currently mostly solo queuing cause one of lads I gave a key too, his computer is quite old so he gets 15 fps in team fights so he still plays mostly hon and the other is a newish LoL player who I don't think enjoys the difficulty ( when I got in first with them there were few "new" players and most were "quite" seasoned )

My problem is I don't like playing hard carries, I hate ricing, I prefer semi carries, or team orientated heroes like Slardar, Razor, Tide or Sandking.

I have been trying to mid more, as my ongoing endeavor in HoN to get my MMR up has though me that the only way to do it is to dominate mid so hard that even if both lanes fail you can still pull it back, just difficult when a ruskie insta picks Tinker and proceeds to buy phase boots or something stupid like that.

Advertisement