Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

+1 jungle shaco.

It helps the team, its safer and its much easier to gank lanes with red buff. Shaco really needs those early kills, he really just melts away in the late game without a decent amount of farm.

And yeah kassadin is up there with rammus for top bans at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Seifer wrote: »
    Laning shaco is not the right way to go; he's all about the jungle. That's not to say this trick won't work at lower levels.

I think you mentioned before that you play on US? because Kassa is still perma-banned on EU ;)

Crazy EU meta game! I don't think he's ever been panned for a US ranked game. Generally it's been the usual tanks, Zilean (wins teams ranked matches) and maybe a Tryn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Stev_o wrote: »
    Crazy EU meta game! I don't think he's ever been panned for a US ranked game. Generally it's been the usual tanks, Zilean (wins teams ranked matches) and maybe a Tryn.

The current bans at the elo I play at would be:

Malzahar, Nocturne and Kassadin

4th was Vayne, don't know how much the nerfs hurt her. Maybe Shen but he got nerfed the patch before last so it's not as frequent.

The current bans at the elo I play at would be:

Malzahar, Nocturne and Kassadin

4th was Vayne, don't know how much the nerfs hurt her. Maybe Shen but he got nerfed the patch before last so it's not as frequent.

Malz is pretty much a select to win mid pick a lot of the times fair too strong at the moment he crushes people once he hits 6 far too easily. Have stopped playing ranked 5's at the moment since my friends and i have basically developed shouting matches with people crying the game is over at 5 minutes after 3 kills or people just being incredible conservative and standing around doing nothing.

Tempted to level up my EU character and go stomp faces as Jax.

RopeDrink do you tell people that you are going to jungle when you select Shaco?

You should always suggest it at team select especially if it's a case of two ranged carries fighting over mid. Opens up the doors to another solo lane.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

One reason why I can't play too long:

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I don't usually say anything because I follow the crowd. I don't see why I could make a statement on day 3 of LoL and I assume someone out there knows better...

But alas, most don't. I'll make a point of Jungling with him from now on - Just had a game there where I had the pleasant experience of having a solo lane... Worst possible case for Shaco and I got hammered.

Thankfully the enemy team where forced to surrender pretty early to save me a headache as well as one of the lads throwing out a nasty Amumu to help out.

EDIT:
    If said person reads this, the LoL Launcher/Client has gone bat****, sticks on loading/data retrieving anytime I try to log in so I can't play - Hope the game stopped rather than going to 4v5 :/

It's not really a statement that you know more then someone else it's generally just good practice to let your team mates know what your doing.

For example in solo queues iv had the "pleasure" of having someone choosing GangPlank and picking smite and not answer my questions on whether he is jungling or not. Course he wasn't which means i was forced to pick a character that is able to solo lane (Nasus) and then find out he wasn't jungling but laning.

So in that case im stuck with a Champ who is rubbish in a lane with team mates all because i didn't get enough info on what my team mate was going.

It's not a big deal anyway. Just select Shaco and type in chat "Going to jungle :) " and off you go.

I know it can seem very intimidating but hey we all went through it at some stage.

Also if you haven't read up on it check www.leaguecraft.com some nice guides there.

I didn't mean it as a hit on what you said, I just meant how I am.

If people actually communicate during character select I'm more than happy to take part but in most games people automatically pick and lockin their character, often pick garbage spells (once had a whole team with Heal & Ignite, no Turret killers with Teleport, nothing, just all out to save their skins or get a First Blood) and you can end up with full melee or full caster teams of no real composed backing with no communication until the game starts then X demands they want mid while that sets another 1-2-3 people bickering over who does what... Meanwhile I just *sigh* and go support whatever lane has one person because engaging this type of person in a debate is futile and, well, as said, if I happened to have picked Shaco, that's bad for me AND the team.

Ha the days of rising to level 30 i remember them well. It gets better eventually trust me. Though the damn European meta game with teleport is still terribly foreign to me unless your playing as a Sivir or TF :P

Anyway i might patch up my EU client and level it up a bit feel free to add me username is StevoIRL.

Client is down for most people at the moment, myself included.

Shaco is a pretty rough champion in general to start on, not very easy to jungle with and pretty rough to duo lane with against most champion combinations.

At your elo you are going to have some fun with shaco thats for sure, but there are much more stable champions that will serve you well as you climb the ranks and i suggest you have a go at them as well.

http://rog.clgaming.net/tier-lists/44-solo-queue/latest

I find this a pretty accurate guide as to what really works at the moment, shaco is still ranked very highly, but his skill cap is quite high as well.

BTW. the best way to avoid automatic losses in champion selection where everyone might pick a melee champion or you might totally miss a tank is to basically learn as wide an array of champions as you can.

Usually the champion rotation supplies you with a decent roundup of champions but they might be ones you arent familiar with or whose mechanics you just can get to work(i totally cant play anivia like at all). This is where the long term aspect of lol comes in, farm points, build rune pages, make sure you are as flexible as possible.

In any given matchup i have 3 tanks im really good at, 6 AP carries i can do well with 2 supports, 3 AD carries and 3 junglers. So even if some of them are banned i always have the tool for the job thats needed.

This takes time though, but thats part of the fun :) unless you just want to spend some RP and buy them all.

Regarding Spell Usage (vs Characters I have and play)

Smite/Exhaust (Or Flash, depending) - Jungle WW
    Flash/Exhaust (Or Ghost, recommended) - Malphite
    Teleport/Exhaust - Laning WW
    Teleport/Exhaust - Tristana
    Teleport/Exhaust - Shaco

Warwick, Trist and Shaco make for extreme Turret killers late-game - Won many purely with a timed Teleport and a nuke on Turrets. If I see myself as the only one with the Teleport Spell (Very common) then it's most likely I'm the one who is forced to do all the solo work on buildings while everyone else is stuck defending, pushing or ganking somewhere irrelevant.

Exhaust is great offensively and defensively, can't see myself without it. Flash is nice but Shaco & Trist already have an equivelant in their talents so are of no benefit in the long run. Warwick can benefit from it at times given he has no slows, only movement increases, which aren't always enough, so it can be used aggressive or defensive.

If I see someone with Smite I assume that means they intend to jungle... But yeah, you do see laners take it from time to time. I don't mind it as it's a free minion kill if you have a character that can struggle to get LH's but it's such a wasted spell in a lane.

If you play a PuG Normal match you're guarantee'd 1-2 people have Heal and likely 2-3 people have Ignite, both horrible for anything other than the early game. Once saw an Ashe who had Heal and Revive - Poor thing went 0/20/0 - Spells aren't an indication of skill or knowledge (I could be completely wrong with my choices) but I do assume a lot about a player from their spells at the start seeing as most don't even talk beforehand or pick a team for unified benefits, just pick whatever character they want.

Seen so many people fighting over Vayne... "Omg let me play Vayne plz, plz omg u n00b" /quit

Thankfully there are plenty of good matches to counter the horrible moments.

Yeah your summoners are a bit off but they may still work for where you're at now.
    You seem to be putting way too high a premium on teleport. You won't see it much except usually on a solo top Shen so he can ult and return before losing his tower. Personally I like to run it on Malz and Karthus for ganking.
    Ghost works better on ww than exhaust. And lane ww isn't up to much either, kinda more a fun thing to do.
    You're severely undervaluing ignite. Early - mid it's great for kills but all through the game it's the best healing debuff. So if they have a healer grab it, or a mundo, vlad etc.

• Advertisement

Flash is the most overpowered summoners spell in the game at the moment, because it can be used both offensively, defensively and is a get out of jail free card for so many situations its good on everything.

But pretty much required for any ranged champion, including tristana.

I can only base my views purely on my experience with my limited character choices.

Trist already has one with Explosive Shot and I find WW,Shaco and likely Malphite have much better suited choices. I'm not neccessarily undervaluing them, I just feel that for general PuG'ing (With my own character choices anyways) in non-ranked matches that certain things are far superior for winning in the typically met 'unplanned' attitude versus the 'common' spellchoices made by the others, or that certain spells are absolutely 100% obsolete for my character by default.

Explosive Shot & Ignite stacked onto a 20% low level character was enough to finish them off over time no matter how much they ran away and was fun but she could do much better than that.

What would have been many losses turned to wins purely with me having Teleport and actually using it... It's a whole different ballgame in ranked, I've no doubt about it, but when you're playing with people who don't always see the bigger picture or what the true objective is, Teleport and a willing player can make the bigger difference than certain fight-assisting spells.

That's how I see it anyways.

Bah - Logged into the client and not only is chat down but so is the ability to play the game -.-
    Yeah the game is played completely differently at various level and elo ranges so go with what's working for you.
    Companion box is right about flash though. Pretty much a must have on any AD carry.

Again, as Trist, I don't see the logic in taking Flash when she already has one on 20sec CD - The only time Flash would be of ANY use is in cases where you'd rely on two Flashes back to back.

It sure makes for a hell of an escape or even some big aggressive opportunities but in general, having two of the same thing (one with short/long CD respectively) together doesn't mix well for me.

Of course I'm only new to this all and only have my experience in normal matches to go by so again, I could say completely different things if I was playing ranked.

The thinking about is generally a good carry ranged will probably take ghost and flash to make sure they NEVER get caught. Being caught on that CD could be a pain but to be honest it's a matter of personal preference.

In alot of cases you are going to need a gap closer with a ranged carry, with tristana there is a slow component to her jump as well as range that you sometimes HAVE to use to offensively to secure kills, this leaves you with 20 seconds of nothing if anything goes wrong.

More importantly what if someone uses flash offensively against you to basically cancel your jump, you are dead, same goes for champions with ghost.

You might not see this yet, but as a ranged AD carry you need every single escape tool you can get your hands on, most people run with GHOST and FLASH just because against some champions who already have a stun, slow or speed boost who use their flash offensively you are dead otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I stopped playing this game after having played for about 6 months. I got really tired of the the trolls and horrible match ups. Is the situation with that any better now? I see they finally released the tribunal feature aswell.

When I stopped playing Trundle was the last champion out and I had all but about 5 champions unlocked. I assume there is allot more champions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,160 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Playing now as Sion, I like Sion, but I still need to learn a lot. :rolleyes:

Playing now as Sion, I like Sion, but I still need to learn a lot. :rolleyes:

God AD. If the game goes beyond 30 minutes your unkillable.

Yeah, I push it all into enrage so I start climbing health, but the thing is I then need a bitta time away from enemy champs to start killing creeps, its 1-5(I think) health per kill, so useless unless you kill a few hundred minions.

Summoner lvl 9 atm, waiting to get to 10 to buy any more ruins, tier 1 ones are shocking.

Sion is a really great champion, dont waste your time on tier 1 or even tier 2 runes. Shoot straight for tier 3's and research the rune build carefully as it takes quite a bit of time to get a full page done.

I cant recommend the IP boosts enough though. If you want to give something back to such a well produced game and cut your grind time in half purchase a few of these.

Sounds like fun. Hate it when Cho gets to a stage where he's massive and the idiots playing with you try to go 1v1 with him:rolleyes: (Normally that really fails, as you probably know).

Do you guys play PVP or AI mostly/in what ratio?

Also, anyone wants to add me, Scratchling. Wouldnt mind teaming up with somebody who plays vayne or simiar(Minions for me, Champs for you).

• Advertisement

Sounds like fun. Hate it when Cho gets to a stage where he's massive and the idiots playing with you try to go 1v1 with him:rolleyes: (Normally that really fails, as you probably know).

Do you guys play PVP or AI mostly/in what ratio?

Also, anyone wants to add me, Scratchling. Wouldnt mind teaming up with somebody who plays vayne or simiar(Minions for me, Champs for you).

No such thing as champs for anyone. Only thing that can be reliably farmed are minions. So if you're laning with a Vayne you would ideally play a support and let her get all the last hits.

Generally you usually go with strong combinations that involved a ranged character and a melee/tank character.

Not to say that two melee characters can't lane together but they ll have a hard time if they come up against any sort of ranged character if they don't get in their face and get some damage in.

No such thing as champs for anyone. Only thing that can be reliably farmed are minions. So if you're laning with a Vayne you would ideally play a support and let her get all the last hits.
    Not the best way to look at it, really.

Realistically if the opposition is any good the only real way any champ kills should happen is if they make a sore error of judgement/mistake, or your team setup a solid gank... Failing that you could ....

Maybe this isnt a great strategy, but it works:(Mostly)

1. I engage enemy champ
    2. Activate Ult and start wrecking them in close combat
    3. When they try to retreat I hit em with a gaze and stun them
    4. They start running, Vayne sticks em in the back from range, dead.

If its 2v2 it generally seems to end with both their champs running at ~25%.

Good boots really help Sion too, chase em down and pound em before they get behind a tower.

Everyones character relies on minion kills primarily to level as well as make money and if one person hogs all the last hits, the other suffers and becomes useless. When Ultimates are available then ganking start.
    So this is generally true with the exception that usually you want a support and ranged AD carry to go bot. The support shouldn't take any last hits. The reasoning behind this is that you are essentially running three solo lanes this way and most good supports need little if any cs (creep score) to perform their role. They usually end up getting a gold per 5 item to provide some income.
    Just my n00b 2cents. If you're going to lane with someone, you want it to be with someone compatible with your character who push and grief well and control space, so they don't get as many minion kills/xp while you are capable of farming much more, giving you level/money advantage early.
    A small point on this, unless you have a reason to be doing it, you shouldn't push your lane. If you push your lane then you are further from your tower and thus much more open to being ganked.
    Try to only last hit i.e. do not hit the minions unless the blow will kill them. This keeps your lane from pushing.
    Obviously at some point you will want to push e.g. when you have a high chance of killing the tower or you have forced your opponent to recall so by pushing, the minions die to the tower so he loses out on gold and xp. That all comes with experience.

Random, really well done, LoL song parody:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

retr0 thanks that video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

I play, my name on the eu server is TheGuyHimself

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just got this. add me to friend list please: shadowhearth.

i am total newb at it, so some babysitting would be really handy :o

4K or 6K Target earned, god this is slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Who's the best hero to start out with, preferably free to play.

Advertisement