Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Swain. Is. Awesome. Gonna need to save another 3200ip to afford him though :[ He just dominates the teamfight and is also pretty handy 1 on 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I was messing around with LeBlanc and she is crazy fun. Don't think I have her up to ranked level yet though.
    Been stomping ranked with Kennen; he's a little OP in my opinion.

Seifer wrote: »
    I was messing around with LeBlanc and she is crazy fun. Don't think I have her up to ranked level yet though.
    Been stomping ranked with Kennen; he's a little OP in my opinion.

I f*cking hate that little ratdick. Constant harass, can stun in 2 secs flat, doesn't run out of mana, ulti is rape, super good getaway.

Kold wrote: »
    I f*cking hate that little ratdick. Constant harass, can stun in 2 secs flat, doesn't run out of mana, ulti is rape, super good getaway.
    Lol, I dislike laning against him too :p
    The only things I've gathered regards countering him from playing him are; if he marks you, stay out of his W range until it is gone or it's just free damage. And assuming his skills are being leveled correctly, his E (the move fast ball of lightning) will be leveled last so if he uses it on minions now is the time to jump on him as the cooldown is high at low levels.

You and your moaning :mad:
    Riot wrote:
    Kennen
    Mark of the Storm duration reduced to 8 seconds from 12
    Electrical Surge range decreased to 800 from 825

• Advertisement

Excellent, where did you get the patch notes?

Also, I want to know more about magic pen and things like that. I have a caster rune set up involving dodge yellows, magic pen reds, ap per level quints and blues which I use for Amumu, Gragas and Swain. But I'm still getting Sorcerors shoes. and with Gragas I often get a Haunting Guise. I want to know the difference between an Abysmal Sceptre and a Void Staff.

Loving Swain. Unless I'm laning against Vlad (I hate him so much) a lot of the time I can rush a Needlessly large rod and my combo will pretty much kill most champs or else force them back. I'm thinking he won't be free for much longer now that we've a Champions spotlight for Renekton. He's a caster that can often take a lot of focusing in teamfights just sapping up all the hp around him. AOE high damage lifesteal. Oh I'm getting low? I'll just snare and walk a small difference away. Full hp now. Nomnomnom.

The CS for Renekton looks ridiculous. Do they just post up the first match that Phreak plays with him? "I have 5 levels on these guys" er... Well how does that teach us anything?

Excellent, where did you get the patch notes?
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=454375
    Also, I want to know more about magic pen and things like that. I have a caster rune set up involving dodge yellows, magic pen reds, ap per level quints and blues which I use for Amumu, Gragas and Swain. But I'm still getting Sorcerors shoes. and with Gragas I often get a Haunting Guise. I want to know the difference between an Abysmal Sceptre and a Void Staff.
    All that stuff is covered somewhere in the forums, try the guides and strategy or new players sections.
    I have mana/5 per level yellows, CDR per level blues, MP reds and 2 flat AP, one flat HP quints on my casters.
    Loving Swain. Unless I'm laning against Vlad (I hate him so much)
    Vlad's getting nerfed/changed in the near future.
    The CS for Renekton looks ridiculous. Do they just post up the first match that Phreak plays with him? "I have 5 levels on these guys" er... Well how does that teach us anything?
    Haven't watched it yet as I'm in work but there have been multiple red posts on the fact that he has been toned down since the spotlight was made.

Yeah I run with clarity on Gragas and Swain even though they have ways of regenning just so I can spam. Seems to work very well because when someone tries to gank, I hit my ulti early, stay in lane snare, then hit clarity and go for kills. So I prefer the mpen to mana regen. With a lot of heroes, mana isn't so much a problem lategame but with Swains ulti, clarity can make all the diff, not to mention help out the team. And Gragas, sometimes I just need that bit to charge through a wall when I'm in trouble. I'll take port with Gragas and ignite with Swain then.

Must have a game soon, my PC is pretty much fixed but I'm ill and doing thesis so I'm at the folks gaff using a dodgy laptop.

Also, Vlad nerf. Yes please.

Why the hell are they buffing Heimer?

Why the hell are they buffing Heimer?
    Because he's useless. Although I'd prefer he stay useless as he makes games so boring.
    Stev_o wrote: »
    Was interesting following that develop over the weekend. Guy was literally sacked about two hours into their working day on Monday.

• Advertisement

What are thoughts on the Tribunal thing anyway? I reckon the only people that would be arsed are bitter little aspies and suck ups anyway so I reckon it could be bad.

What are thoughts on the Tribunal thing anyway? I reckon the only people that would be arsed are bitter little aspies and suck ups anyway so I reckon it could be bad.
    You get IP for doing it so that's cool. And it'll be good if it actually removes some of the afkers and feeders. I couldn't give a crap about what people say so I hope it doesn't eliminate trash talking and stuff.
    If I was on the US client I'd be especially worried about swearing and stuff cause it seems to be a bigger deal over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Given up with this game thinking about uninstalling it. Past 5 games each one has had a leaver within 20 minutes followed by another two players refusing to play. This game brings out the *****.

^^ Play ranked.

Pantheon is every bit as easy as I imagined him to be.

Renekton is ridiculous 0_0 I said "Sure I'll give him a try" without looking at a guide and for the first 10 minutes I got owned, then I managed to break evens by the end (we still lost). In the next 2 games I was just a teamfight monster, and winning every 1 on 1. If he's fed I reckon just keep him at arm's length and harass as much as possible before entering a fight. That stun is unbelievable, especially is you have a Trinity Force and CD reduction.

Still haven't looked at a build but I was running with Ionian boots, Ghostblade, Trinity Force, Warmogs, Inf Edge, Atmas. I reckon the Warmogs is necessary at some stage.

What I love about this game is that I seemingly have a new main every week.

F*cking Udyr man. What a crazily powerful champion. Tank or dps, mana is no problem after level 10, hards as nails and can really f*ck people's **** up.

I dont use phoenix stance at all because the other 3 are just so good. It's weird, I'm absolutely rolling games with him and I'd never seen him as an op champ before. The key is just accept that you can't do anything until level 4 so don't be brash until then. But I'm just loving everything about this guy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Man gangplank can crit like crazy with the right build, really enjoy playing with him

Finally had some time to play a few games for the first time in awhile.
    New Ryze is fun. Building him mana only with tear -> merc theads -> catalyst -> glacial shield makes him really sturdy with constant high dps.
    Also Renekton and Irelia seem to be wandering into OP/flavour of the month town.

They both have an overpowered stun/dash mechanism alright. And natural lifesteal 0_0 and then you just about kill them and pew pew/ultimate "nope I kill you!" Am considering buying Renek, was rolling faces with him when he was free.

What pisses me off is Katarina though. She'll buy Dorans shield and be utterly untouchable in lane whilst I take constant dmg because I'm not a ridiculously op character. Even when it's a bad Katarina and I end up getting a good feed off her, late game she's right back in it because at some point she's done the ol' *POOF* ulti, triple kill!

Honestly, I've dominated Katas in lanes and they've still made it back as carry. Such a f*cking no skill champ. Squishies piss me off, Kata, Yi, Akali, Kennen. It's why I love Udyr. Udyr doesn't give a f*ck who you are, you gon' die.

Man gangplank can crit like crazy with the right build, really enjoy playing with him

Ever get a Tiamat on him? It's f*cking hilarious as a last buy.

• Advertisement

This was ranked and hilarious. I realise my ELO is depressingly low, came from not playing ranked for months after a string of bad teams.

7oi.png

Note how we had 2 of their inhibitors down and they only had 2 of our outer turrets down. Trynda was a f*cking dick all game though, KRRRZ was my buddy and I was like "Will we do a surrender vote for the lulz, game is won"

my face when you have surrendered with 4 votes to 1:

1238749900592-570x418.jpg

Hopefully, some day, a computer game will cause the interruption of a football match...
    http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/news/2302-possibility-european-wide-network-issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I am a new enough player @ level 11, if anybody wants to add me for some games. I mainly play fiddle and kog maw at the moment as I am too lazy to change masteries and runes for other classes :P

Name is: EIRELEGEND

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

The community can just be awful in this game, especially the Spanish for some reason, Germans dont seem too bad in my experience

The community can just be awful in this game, especially the Spanish for some reason, Germans dont seem too bad in my experience

There are ragers everywhere. I try to get as many premade as I can nowadays. Sick of randoms.

Also, I have never had as many double/triple/quadrakills as free Jax. Man do I feel stupid for blowing 12k ip on a Gangplank runepage when I don't want to have to stop playing Jax. Also, Nocturne's ultimate sounds funny as hell. I want to play as that f*cker.

Some welcome nerfs.
    Banshee nerf is odd though considering how cc heavy the game is. It doesn't make it any less of a required item, just one that doesn't perform as well.
    Also can't wait to get my hands on Nocturne.

Nerfing Gragas? :( One of my favourite casters. Yet leaving Akali and Katarina alone :/

As for Dorans blade, someone was telling me that the unintended effect was a 1g/10secs buff? Jeez I would've abused that more if it was.

Nerfing Gragas? :( One of my favourite casters. Yet leaving Akali and Katarina alone :/

As for Dorans blade, someone was telling me that the unintended effect was a 1g/10secs buff? Jeez I would've abused that more if it was.
    Hehe, I think part of the reason he was nerfed was because people thought he was a caster due to the ridiculous damage he did while taking none.
    If you put out damage you have to be squishy and if you're a tank you can't be dealing crazy damage.

Seifer wrote: »
    Hehe, I think part of the reason he was nerfed was because people thought he was a caster due to the ridiculous damage he did while taking none.
    If you put out damage you have to be squishy and if you're a tank you can't be dealing crazy damage.

When he's built tanky, he doesn't do much dmg, when he's built ap, he falls pretty quick. The likes of Akali and Kata are worse because they have such amazing getaways and don't even rely on mana. And Kata almost always has a Rylais and spell vamp.

• Advertisement

When he's built tanky, he doesn't do much dmg, when he's built ap, he falls pretty quick.
    Neither of those are true. Obviously the spirit visage removal was a big hit to him but even since then he is plenty tanky.
    The likes of Akali and Kata are worse because they have such amazing getaways
    Fatty has his ridiculous charge through walls as well as his ult if the sh!t really hits the fan.
    and don't even rely on mana.
    Fatty gets free mana from his barrel so it's not usually an issue with him.

Advertisement