Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

clare played kilkenny in nenagh today,any reports from that game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

eroo wrote: »
    The footballers face Waterford tomorrow in the Munster SFC Quarter Final. They will be eager to get revenge on Waterford after the League campaign ending in such a disappointing manner. Kick off is at 3pm in Dungarvan. Here's hoping the lads get a win, however close it may be..

The Clare senior hurlers lost to Tipperary on Thursday evening in a low key challenge match, with the final score being 1-16 to 1-15. Gerry O'Grady has been forced to leave the panel after his ankle inury returning. James McInerney is a very serious injury concern right now while doubt remains over Nicky O'Connell, Alan Markham and Domhnaill O'Donovan. These are worrying developments, but we will keep hope nonetheless :pac:

Looks like the footballers have a (slightly) better chance, with that news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

Looks like the footballers have a (slightly) better chance, with that news
    what news? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

what news? :confused:

O'Grady, O'Connell et al possibly or probably missing Waterford game:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Waterford 1-10 Clare 0-9

Well Clare are not out of contention for Munster and it looks very unlikely we will progress from that. A season that looked so good with the League being a good one until Limerick and Waterford, is now esentially over. Very disappointing and cannot be good for the teams confidence.

2 weeks time the lads on the hurling squad step up to the Deise..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

eroo wrote: »
    Waterford 1-10 Clare 0-9

Well Clare are not out of contention for Munster and it looks very unlikely we will progress from that. A season that looked so good with the League being a good one until Limerick and Waterford, is now esentially over. Very disappointing and cannot be good for the teams confidence.

2 weeks time the lads on the hurling squad step up to the Deise..

Ye might get a few kind draws in the qualifers and go on a run like Wicklow last year or rven Fermanagh a few years back

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Ye might get a few kind draws in the qualifers and go on a run like Wicklow last year or rven Fermanagh a few years back

Still wont do much for their confidence unfortunately!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

MATCH PROGRAMME DRAW
    at Munster GAA Senior Football game - Waterford v Clare - at Fraher
    Field, Dungarvan on Sunday May 23rd.

The Programme Number drawn was 1827.

As this number was not claimed, as per the Terms & Conditions of the
    Draw, the first reserve number drawn is to be announced on the Thursday
    after the game. The first reserve number drawn was

The holder of this Programme Number is asked to contact Munster GAA Tel. 061.493060 on or before 5pm on Monday Next May 31st.

The Number is on the front cover of the match day programme.

NHL Division 2

Sun 13th Feb – v Limerick (H)
    Sun 20th Feb – v Antrim (A)
    Sun 6th March – v Westmeath (A)
    Sun 13th March – v Down (H)
    Sun 27th March – v Kerry (H)
    Sat 2nd April – v Laois (A)
    Sun 10th April – v Carlow (H)

NFL Division 4

Sun 6th Feb - v Leitrim (A)
    Sun 13th Feb - v Kilkenny (H)
    Sun 20th Feb - Clare bye
    Sun 27th Feb - v Carlow (A)
    Sun 13th March - v London (H)
    Sun 20th March - v Roscommon (H)
    Sun 27th March - v Longford (H)
    Sun 3rd April - v Fermanagh (A)
    Sun 10th April - v Wicklow (A)

The bones of four months to wait.. I'm looking forward to it already!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

You cant be serious?

looking forward to playing the mighty Carlow,Down and kerry others @ Home in Division 2 hurling .

as for the footballers....... london,Kilkenny

• Advertisement

You cant be serious?

looking forward to playing the mighty Carlow,Down and kerry others @ Home in Division 2 hurling .

as for the footballers....... london,Kilkenny

Looking forward to Inter County hurling.. yes.

Moaning about being in Div 2 or 4 wont help the teams move forward. Supporting them will. So yes I'm looking forward to seeing them in action again.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Division 2 should be very interesting next year, 5 or so teams all of who will be legitimately looking for the one promotion spot. Clare are the best team in the league by a decent bit imo but considering ye are so young and inexperienced both on the sideline and on the pitch I have a feeling a less talented Limerick side led by O'Grady might sneak the spot, rather like Wexford last year.

I agree with you Orizio, but I feel that we will have that extra drive to not go through a 3rd year in Div 2.

Munster SHC

Clare v Cork/Tipperary

Munster SFC

Clare v Cork

It would be great to be all Clare v Cork!:D

Cratloe 2-10 clonlara 1-11 with 10 mins or so to go. sounds a great game,clon led 1-4 to 0-1 at one stage. great comback by the champions.

Cratloe will play crusheen next sunday.:)

And Doonbeg will play the waterford champions in the Munster club championship in waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

Many call ups anticipated?

The likes of Conor McGrath will surely be in the reckoning for a championship spot next year.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Many call ups anticipated?

The likes of Conor McGrath will surely be in the reckoning for a championship spot next year.
    Has had a fine season,he was terrificfor the minors this year

St Breckans are intermediate football champions for 2010 after beating a strongly fancied clondegad team by 4 points in miltown today,the spa outfit are champs despite the shocking referring on offer.i wont go there,1st time in years i have critiscised a ref but he was shocking,well done breckans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Congrats to Crusheen the 2010 Champions

Cratloe 1-11 Crusheen 2-13

Clareman wrote: »
    Congrats to Crusheen the 2010 Champions

Cratloe 1-11 Crusheen 2-13
    yes congrats to the reds..... tame enough affair,but crusheen wont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bagaspuds

Seanie Mac played a blinder again as usual.
    Hate it when a ref wants to be the centre of attention.
    They'll kill him down in Cratloe, if they get their hands on him.:D

bagaspuds wrote: »
    Seanie Mac played a blinder again as usual.
    Hate it when a ref wants to be the centre of attention.
    They'll kill him down in Cratloe, if they get their hands on him.:D
    Cant recall anything too controversial,i was behind the aldi goal so may have missed some decisions given up the other end,do you think seanie gave some controversial ones to crusheen?

do you reckon seanie was given the final due to the hard year he is enduring off the field??;):D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Cant recall anything too controversial,i was behind the aldi goal so may have missed some decisions given up the other end,do you think seanie gave some controversial ones to crusheen?

do you reckon seanie was given the final due to the hard year he is enduring off the field??;):D
    I'm not a big Seanie fan either but he was alright today. Cratloe can have 0 complaints. The better team won with Cratloe not helping themselves along the way. They were 3 points down with a few mins to go and had 2 chances to put the ball over the bar to bring it back to 1, instead they went for goal on each occasion and this cost them dearly in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Gael85

Clare football manager Michael McDermott is looking into the possibility of enlisting the services of a number of Dublin-based players under the GAA's parentage rule.

As a county which hasn't won a senior provincial football title in the last 10 years, Clare can avail of the rule which could see recent Dublin panellists, Shane McGrath, who plays with Thomas Davis, and Kilmacud Crokes' Pat Burke, link up with the Bannermen next year.

The former Kilmurry-Ibrickane boss is also looking at Na Fianna brothers Aidan and Brian Downes as well as St. Brigid's David O'Connor.

McDermott's native county of Cavan availed of the parentage rule this year by recruiting highly-rated St. Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh forward Gareth 'Nesty' Smith.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That would be a very good move for us, but I honestly think we have enough of footballers in the county to put something together, I'm not saying we're at the top table by any means, but it wouldn't take much to get us to the latter stages of the championship depending on draws of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Gael85

Talent is there no doubt,need the Kilmurray lads like the Hickey brothers and Enda Coughlan back next year.Gordon Kelly,Gary Brennan and David Tubridy are top players

John Maughan brought in a great self belief and team ethic in the late 80s/early 90s, we need someone like this again :)

• Advertisement

Gael85 wrote: »
    Talent is there no doubt,need the Kilmurray lads like the Hickey brothers and Enda Coughlan back next year.Gordon Kelly,Gary Brennan and David Tubridy are top players
    What do you mean we need them back next year? i stand corrected but All the players youve mentioned were available to The management,(if the management choose to pick them) when most needed,A few of them were missing while KIB were in the club championship but Clare had played and beaten wicklow & leitrim london and kilkenny that i can remember without the KIB lads.

Clare were beaten by waterford,limerick and offaly when it mattered most, i attended some of these games last year and how clare beat leitrim and wicklow is beyond me........ massive strokes of luck in those games put clare top of the league for a period and put a gloss on our league position.The game v offaly was one clare could have won but didnt....

As for clare management looking for talent in the Dublin area..... Cant see The county board paying any newcomers milage...... the gravy train is full lads,no room for new ppl;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement