Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Amazing band so they are. Got into them just in time to see their last concert in Ireland and I was blown away by their performance. I'm a bit annoyed no Irish dates have been announced in the recent tour of Europe to be honest though. I would love to see them play here again soon.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

This small tour is only a bit of a warm up before the new album is released. Don't panic yet. And also, be thankful, they chose 4 places in Europe, they're only playing one in the US and one in Canada. I suspect a full scale European tour will be announced late '09 or early '10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Anyone know if ya can get tickets for london before friday if you're not a 10 C member?? Just wanna make sure I get them, have bad experiences with tickets selling out! :(

You can register for a Livenation presale on their website. Think it's meant to be happening today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Tell me about it. For the last concert in Ireland we lined up at 6 int he morning and only about ten people got tickets it sold out so quickly. There were tears a plenty from the people who arrived at 8/9 let me tell you...and the ten club wasn't any better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bald? er, dash!

Got tix this morning for the Manchester show in August :cool:- the London show appeared to sell out quite quickly :( Anyway, fourth concert coming up... can't wait!)

Anyone else travelling?

As for albums to listen to... try to get some of the live bootlegs from 2000 and 2003 tours - there are very few poor shows out of over 140!!! The live stuff has way more energy than the studio versions IMHO... My favs like RVM, Alive, SOLAT have gotten better with age (and practice!)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

Got me 3 standing tix for the show in london this august, got on right on the button at 9am and got them then a friend who also tried to get them at 9 was left wanting after about 20 mins. checked back half hour later and you cant even get 1 ticket any where according to the ticketmaster website. also another friend is part of the 10c club and got 2 pre-sale for london so 5 of us all heading over now. chuffed its been a while since i've seen them brisbane in 2006 so will be almost 3 years since the last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

it's gonna be brilliant wait n see:) how many days away is it?
    I'm doing all four..gonna go count on the calendar..
    til Rotterdam..
    96 days or
    2313 hours or
    138794 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Got my London tickets, suppose to have sold out at 0903, the only bought after that were credit card bounces.

Did i read something about a Pearl Jam-jam iGaillimh?

Hook me up people.

Dublin 00
    Dublin 06
    London 07
    LONDON 2009 BABY!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

check this out.. made me laugh my ass off
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU

• Advertisement

there's a leak..apparently the new record is called 'the lowdown'

dunno why i believe it..nobody else seems to but they didnt believe the avacado was the cover of the last one and look what we got!

doesnt sound like an optimistic record but Pjs album titles rarely reflect their content..Vitalogy excluded of course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

there's a leak..apparently the new record is called 'the lowdown'

dunno why i believe it..nobody else seems to but they didnt believe the avacado was the cover of the last one and look what we got!

doesnt sound like an optimistic record but Pjs album titles rarely reflect their content..Vitalogy excluded of course..

And Vs. and Binaural :D:p

Where'd you hear this leak? I don't really invest much stock in rumours about album/song names. It doesn't really matter too much what the album is called, as long as the songs are good...unless the album is called "Pearl Jam fans are pr*cks" or something. That seems unlikely though :p

Good god a person took this thread off the first page by their constant posting, grr! :O

Right I couldn't get tickets for London but I'm going to Berlin instead, got my ticket in my hand! :P

Who's joining me in the fair Deutchland??! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

Ya a few of us are off to berlin,,,,,, cant wait . its a great city, and lookin on past you yube footage it looks like a great concert venue..:P

Makes much more sense to live in the present tense.....

Ya a few of us are off to berlin,,,,,, cant wait . its a great city, and lookin on past you yube footage it looks like a great concert venue..:P

Makes much more sense to live in the present tense.....

sounds cool! I'l be gettin a flight from France anyway, cutting my stay in France for the summer a bit short to go to the gig! We should have a meet up before or after the gig anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

wish i had money to go to one of these shows :(
    looks like im going to have to keep my fingers crossed for a dublin show. i wish they would play cork or something. kasabian is playing cork!

They won't be adding more dates to this leg of the tour - you'll have to wait for the next tour announcement.

And Kasabian are useless :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Is Berlin sold out yeah? We're going to London for sure, and hopefully Manchester, and Berlin if the economy turns around and I get a summer job. Cant wait, only seen them the once in Dublin in 06, fanatastic show, should be a great summer

jenizzle wrote: »
    They won't be adding more dates to this leg of the tour - you'll have to wait for the next tour announcement.

And Kasabian are useless :P

i saw kasabian/glasvegas/muse last summer at marlay park. thought they were brilliant in my opinion. to each their own though, lol.

i think pearl jam needs to change the ten club ticket thing. just because someone signed up for a club 18 years ago doesnt make them bigger fans than people who didnt. i think it should just be random like every other concert. i understand they want to give back to their biggest fans. but im a big fan without being a member of the club. it might be different here, but in america, the same ****ers get good tix everytime. id rather be in the back with the regular people anyway, lol. thats my rant for the day.

sounds cool! I'l be gettin a flight from France anyway, cutting my stay in France for the summer a bit short to go to the gig! We should have a meet up before or after the gig anyway! :D
    yo big cheese man... where did u get the ticket for berlin? i got ours on the tickets.de website. ticket sent via e-mail.. never heard of that system before but site looks legit so im sure it will be fine...

• Advertisement

i saw kasabian/glasvegas/muse last summer at marlay park. thought they were brilliant in my opinion. to each their own though, lol.

i think pearl jam needs to change the ten club ticket thing. just because someone signed up for a club 18 years ago doesnt make them bigger fans than people who didnt. i think it should just be random like every other concert. i understand they want to give back to their biggest fans. but im a big fan without being a member of the club. it might be different here, but in america, the same ****ers get good tix everytime. id rather be in the back with the regular people anyway, lol. thats my rant for the day.

The seniority doesn't apply in Europe, except the odd time they offer seated options, so it's nothing for us to worry about much. I like being in 10c so that I have a second chance to get tickets, and don't have to rely on TM to get them. And while it's fine being back with the "regular people", there is nothing more magical than being front row at a PJ show - it's something every fan should get to experience! I got to do that in '06 in Dublin which was my first and by far the best show I have been to. :cool:

PistolPete - I think tickets.de is their version of TM. Plus it's listed on the PJ home page as an official place to get tickets, I wouldn't worry about it at all!

The seniority doesn't apply in Europe, except the odd time they offer seated options, so it's nothing for us to worry about much. I like being in 10c so that I have a second chance to get tickets, and don't have to rely on TM to get them. And while it's fine being back with the "regular people", there is nothing more magical than being front row at a PJ show - it's something every fan should get to experience! I got to do that in '06 in Dublin which was my first and by far the best show I have been to. :cool:

PistolPete - I think tickets.de is their version of TM. Plus it's listed on the PJ home page as an official place to get tickets, I wouldn't worry about it at all!

too bad ill never get a chance for front row tix :( was in the front row for 2 travis shows though, and it totally makes the concert. it made me realize its not even worth going anymore unless i know i can be close. its almost like your there playing with the band. i wish bands played at smaller venues more often. it makes it a much more intimate experience. id rather have one small show then ten large ones where im a 1/4 mile away, lol

too bad ill never get a chance for front row tix :( was in the front row for 2 travis shows though, and it totally makes the concert. it made me realize its not even worth going anymore unless i know i can be close. its almost like your there playing with the band. i wish bands played at smaller venues more often. it makes it a much more intimate experience. id rather have one small show then ten large ones where im a 1/4 mile away, lol

If you have GA, then you'll always have a chance at front row... as long as you start queuing at 5 in the morning!

If you have GA, then you'll always have a chance at front row... as long as you start queuing at 5 in the morning!

in Pearl jam's case id stand beside the porta-loo's all day as long as i was there..... :P:eek:........ Dub 06 was awsome.. there version of the boys are back in town was class:D... Roll on Berlin 09...

Between getting tickets for the 3 gigs (Berlin, Manc, London) and the "Christmas" single, a Pearl Jam fire has been lit under me. The addiction has returned.

Incidentally, the John Doe cover with Corin Tucker on the Christmas single is amazing. Eddie's voice goes really well with female singers, as anyone who's heard his cover of Helpless should know and understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Tom65 wrote: »
    Between getting tickets for the 3 gigs (Berlin, Manc, London) and the "Christmas" single, a Pearl Jam fire has been lit under me. The addiction has returned.

Incidentally, the John Doe cover with Corin Tucker on the Christmas single is amazing. Eddie's voice goes really well with female singers, as anyone who's heard his cover of Helpless should know and understand.

The hunger strike, they do as an easter egg on Live at The Garden is awesome, hard sun too. Have them singing a rancid version of Fortunate Son and Free World though, spine tingling bad!

The hunger strike, they do as an easter egg on Live at The Garden is awesome, hard sun too. Have them singing a rancid version of Fortunate Son and Free World though, spine tingling bad!

I think that version of Hunger Strike is awful! She is no Cornell. Hell, even Cornell is no Cornell these days :p

Tom65 wrote: »
    I think that version of Hunger Strike is awful! She is no Cornell. Hell, even Cornell is no Cornell these days :p

Haha... and to think there may be a SG reunion?! *shudders*

Incidently, there is a version of Hunger Strike with Cornell singing with Chester Bennington and it's pretty nifty. The best of all the versions I've heard anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

so excited....got rotterdam tickets for my first PJ gig :D

• Advertisement

90 days til rotterdam people...90 days..

i ****ed up my flight bookin & i'm arriving at 5pm THAT day to Amsterdam..its gonna be a mad rush to rotterdam!!

Advertisement