Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Members Mixes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

@ Giles, download limit exceeded when i went to d/l your mix:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

jonny68 wrote: »
    @ Giles, download limit exceeded when i went to d/l your mix:confused:

Try this direct link Jonny, should work fine for ya! http://www.1clickcd.com/upload_files/mixupload/file-10795-1207081448.mp3

Colly, cheers for the honest feedback it''s great to hear. The mix isn't going to be everybody's cup of tea I guess but I can genuinely say that I absolutley LOVE every single track on that mix and not one is there as a "filler" track or anything. As it should be of course :p

I have two more mixes in the pipeline over the next few months, one will be my next promo and one will be all about all things tech, twisted, grindy and fidgety. The kinda stuff I like to play out at peak time or thereabouts essentially. The other will be a special acid house/techno mix that I have literally wanted to do for years. It will contain a selection of my fav modern day acid house and techno. Alot of the tracks will have appeared on previous mixes (ie Bumper Jackin) as I've always loved dropping some acidy stuff here an there in a mix and a few others will be fresh. Looking forward to getting it all together and starting recording!

I look forward to your next mix with anticipation.:)

yeah will do mate..

I'm disgusted here myself, I just downloaded Polderbits sound recorder and Editor and done a 66 minute mix of Disco/Funky House and there's no sound on it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

Can anyone recommend a free program not too complex that records mixes?

For some reason Hard Disc OGG which i was using isn't working anymore and i downloaded Audacity as many recommended but it wont install properly, i thought this Polderbits was straight forward enough but there's no sound when i record.

I'll record this mix again some quality tunage all new or recent tunes as well, Disco and Funky House is where it's at.

I have other mixes planned, Electro House Mix, Club Classics Mix and to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Acid House a special Acid House mix from 1987 to 1990.

PS-Pref Vista compatible although i can always use it in compatibly mode for XP2.

Soundforge 8 Jonny.

It's what I use and it's great! Never failed me. Plenty of them "ahem" knocking around online.

Audacity is also good although very basic. It's completely free too!

Giles or anyone else,

Downloaded Soundforge 30 day trial, tried to record something, recorded alright but there's no sound, ive tried it on the decks and just as normal on Winamp,media player,etc,etc,but there is no sound at all,im everything looks to be in order on my laptop, any ideas man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Try EXPStudio.
    Its free. If you're recording from a mixer to the laptop, hook the mixer's output into the laptop's Line In socket and select Line In as the recording source in EXP. If the mix is being done completely on the laptop use the Wave Out Mix as the recording source. You'll know its working 'cos you'll see the waveform being generated.

mordeith wrote: »
    Try EXPStudio.
    Its free. If you're recording from a mixer to the laptop, hook the mixer's output into the laptop's Line In socket and select Line In as the recording source in EXP. If the mix is being done completely on the laptop use the Wave Out Mix as the recording source. You'll know its working 'cos you'll see the waveform being generated.

cheers mate ill give this a go.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Here's an Electro/Indie mix ive made

This is the first proper mix ive made since i got my setup. Hopefully some of use
    will like it and maybe others wont cause i dont think to many people are into indie music
    on this forum but i hope there is :).

Keith Kelly - Indie/Electro Mix - 13th April 2008

64 mins - 192kps - 88 MB

Tracklist

1. Boys Noize - & Down
    2. CSS - Let's Make Love and Listen To Death From Above
    3. The Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control
    4. The Shakes Sister - Sister Self Doubt
    5. Mystery Jets - The Boy Who Ran Away (Riton Re-rub)
    6. The Futureheads - Skip To The End (Digitalism Re-Rub)
    7. Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow (Van She Remix)
    8. Wolfmother - Woman (MSTRKRFT Remix)
    9. The Presents - Are You The One (Club Mix)
    10. MSTRFKRFT - Street Justice
    11. Jenny Wilson - Let My Shoes Lead Me Forward (The Knife Remix)
    12. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cheated Hearts (Peaches Remix)
    13. Justice - Waters Of Nazareth
    14. cut Copy - Going Nowhere (Sebastian Remix)
    15. Ali Love - K Hole
    16. Peter Bjorn & John - The Chills
    17. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
    18. Love is All - Talk Talk Talk Talk
    19. Lo-Fi-FNK - Change Channel
    20. The Rakes - Binary Love (Loving Hands Remix)
    21. Hot Chip - Boy From School (Erol Alkan's Extended Re-Work)

Link:http://rapidshare.com/files/107354532/My_Indietronica_Mix.mp3.html

Any feedback at all would be nice just to see if anyone likes this genre of a mix & if ive made any mistakes that im not aware of thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hey Keith... I'm not normally into the wholse indie synthpop thing, but I'm about half way through your mix and think its prett cool so far! Keep it up mate.

What is your setup?

Thanks zascar spent most of the wkend trying to make it:D. Theres never any clubs up ere in donegal that plays that type of music i have to go to belfast if i want to hear somethin similar to the songs in my mix. My setups ere i posted a picture of it in the post ur setup thread.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055055542&page=7

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Right lads I've just recorded a new mix... It's called "The Naughty Mix" - I've always wanted to do a mix consisting completely of all those tunes with dirty lyrics and sound effects, took me a while to come up with the tunes, and getting them all arranged correctly was tricky. By no means my most polished piece of work, but good fun none the less.

Download Here
    - and please let me know what you think...

Downloaded Colly listening now on the 1st tune now! Sounds quite like some of the house I used to bop away to down as 12ten back in the day.... having said that I'm only on the first track!

Will report back soon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭early.house

A Couple of PoPcorn`s tasty Mixes for your Aural Pleasure ,
    Mixed and compliled by
    Resident Dj Nigel H..

Electro - http://www.speedyshare.com/274182288.html

Uplifting - http://www.speedyshare.com/529533489.html

Progressive - http://www.speedyshare.com/386549703.html

PopCorn-Sundays
    … Every Sunday in the Cavern from 6pm

PopCorn-Weekenders … Every B.Hol. Monday in the Cavern from 6pm

Ripe-Club … Every Sunday afternoon from 1pm @ the Bleu.Note club on Capel st.
    with Resident Jock Keno Flanagan

Kube … Every Saturday morning from 10am @ the Garden of Eden
    for those Dirty-Up-All-Niters.
    With Resident Jock Keno Flanagan.

Promo Links::
    http://www.popcorn-sundays.bebo.com
    http://www.nigelh.com
    http://www.djkenoflanagan.bebo.com
    http://www.myspace.com/earlyhouse
    http://www.earlyhouseclub.net

See ya`ll ..the 4th & 5th of May for the Next Popcorn Weekender…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Here's something new with stuff I've been liking lately.

http://www.divshare.com/download/4342117-b49 (there's a download link at the right) (54.66 MB, 50 minutes)

TRACKLIST
    Mutant Disco - Asleep On The Floor
    M.E. - R&B Drunkie
    Baby Oliver - Shot Caller
    Aeroplane - Whispers (Hercules & Love Affair Remix)
    Camaro's Gang - Fuerza Major (Tensnake Remix)
    Chilly - For Your Love (In Flagranti Edit)
    Still Going - Still Going Theme
    Truffle Club - Gone Blue
    Panthers - Goblin City (Holy Ghost! Disco Dub)
    Black Devil Disco Club - Never No Dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I think this maybe would be better in the 'Rate my Mix' thread or something but anyway, downloading it right now and looking forward to having a listen.

Here is a mix i knocked up last nite, mixing is a tad ropey at times (i blame the alcohol :o) the tracklisting however is top notch IMO with an acid house classic thrown in for good measure.
    N-Joi:)

Funky/Disco House Mix April 2008.

File Size: 104MB

Time: 1.15.16

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t3wf20

Tracklisting:

1- Wifi feat Siobhan - Last Night (Extented Vocal Mix)

2 - MFSB - K-Gee (Joey Negro Edit)

3- Le Knight Club - Hysteria

4-DJ Tekin - Sunrise In My Soul (C Gallardo Disco Doctor Remix)

5-Wez Clarke & Maxine Hardcastle Ft Lovely Laura Sax - Another Chance [Richard Earnshaw Mix]

6- Club 4 Life - Don't Matter (Soulshaker Mix)

7- Peyton - A Little Sensitivity (EK's Angelic Mix)

8 -The Eternals -Wrath Of Zeus (Original Mix)

9 - Le Knight Club vs. DJ Sneak - Intergalactik Disko (DJ Sneak Version)

10- Nu Hope Anthony Thompson - I'll Be Back (Junior Jack Vocal Dub Mix)

11- Strike - U Sure Do 2006 (Tall Paul Club Mix)

12- Corporation Of One Meets Jakatta - The Real Life (Joey Negro Mix)

13- Jerry Ropero & Denis The Menace Present Sabor - Coraçao

14- K-Klass - Rhythm Is A Mystery (K-Klass 2006 Remix)

15- Michael Gray Feat. Steve Edwards - Somewhere Beyond (Club Vocal)

16- Congress - 40 Miles (Digital Dog Filth Disco Mix)

17- Maurize - This Is Acid

Listened to your mix last night Johnny. Some gorgeous tunes in there, especially the first few. Did not listen to the end yet but will tonight. Try a few less beers next time :p I'm not much of a fan of the cutting in and out, but nice tunes all the same, some stompers in there I'll be downloading this weekend.

PlazzTT just listening to yours now... really nice man...
    How exactly would you describe the style/genre?

Cheers man, yeah after a good few beers i tend to cut in and out of tunes, have to stop that :o this is the style im really digging right now, some quality remixes as well.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jon B

Jon B - May Promo Mix 08'

1.Shackleton - Next to Nothing(Guillaume & The Coutu Dumonts Mix)
    2.Lemos - Tsitsi's Dance
    3.Dop - Foly
    4.Lemos - Drama(remix)
    5.Internullo - Sentimente(Nea Marin Remix)
    6.Lemos - My Lady
    7.Locodice - Tight Laces
    8.Guido Schneider & Andre Galuzzi - Baccara
    9.Ilario Alicante - Vacaciones En Chile
    10.Johnny D - Tramodyssee
    11.Lemos feat. Ilan Manovach - Blow It
    12.Clickbox - Fun K Mouth
    13.Ink & Needle - Tattoo Two
    14.D'julz - Just So You Know
    15.Marco Carola - Jackpot
    16.Richard Wolfsdorf - Bosch

http://www.divshare.com/download/4393894-d6f

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Here's an Electro/Indie mix ive made

This is the first proper mix ive made since i got my setup. Hopefully some of use
    will like it and maybe others wont cause i dont think to many people are into indie music
    on this forum but i hope there is :).

Keith Kelly - Indie/Electro Mix - 13th April 2008

64 mins - 192kps - 88 MB

Tracklist

1. Boys Noize - & Down
    2. CSS - Let's Make Love and Listen To Death From Above
    3. The Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control
    4. The Shakes Sister - Sister Self Doubt
    5. Mystery Jets - The Boy Who Ran Away (Riton Re-rub)
    6. The Futureheads - Skip To The End (Digitalism Re-Rub)
    7. Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow (Van She Remix)
    8. Wolfmother - Woman (MSTRKRFT Remix)
    9. The Presents - Are You The One (Club Mix)
    10. MSTRFKRFT - Street Justice
    11. Jenny Wilson - Let My Shoes Lead Me Forward (The Knife Remix)
    12. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cheated Hearts (Peaches Remix)
    13. Justice - Waters Of Nazareth
    14. cut Copy - Going Nowhere (Sebastian Remix)
    15. Ali Love - K Hole
    16. Peter Bjorn & John - The Chills
    17. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
    18. Love is All - Talk Talk Talk Talk
    19. Lo-Fi-FNK - Change Channel
    20. The Rakes - Binary Love (Loving Hands Remix)
    21. Hot Chip - Boy From School (Erol Alkan's Extended Re-Work)

Link:http://rapidshare.com/files/107354532/My_Indietronica_Mix.mp3.html

Any feedback at all would be nice just to see if anyone likes this genre of a mix & if ive made any mistakes that im not aware of thanks.

lol your mix has almost exactly the same tracks as this album, Leave Them All Behind, Vol. 2:
    http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,3981088,00.html

did you know that ? :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah it more or less is just found it hard to get a tracklist made up to make a proper mix so just decided to make a mix of a cd i had which made it easyer to get a tracklist for the mix . If ya like the mix ive another made and made my own tracklist:D that sounds kind of similar to the other 1 i could put it up to ?

I have another one up:

www.digital.dj/colly

This is unlike any I have done before more chilled and downtempo than my usual stuff, just a secections of some really more relaxed but still really nice tunes I've collected and put together last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Yeah it more or less is just found it hard to get a tracklist made up to make a proper mix so just decided to make a mix of a cd i had which made it easyer to get a tracklist for the mix . If ya like the mix ive another made and made my own tracklist:D that sounds kind of similar to the other 1 i could put it up to ?

oh my god:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zascar wrote: »
    I have another one up:

www.digital.dj/colly

This is unlike any I have done before more chilled and downtempo than my usual stuff, just a secections of some really more relaxed but still really nice tunes I've collected and put together last weekend.
    bloody great setlist!!
    especially that kid handsome fella. He's great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I have another one up:

www.digital.dj/colly

downloading it now
    heard alot of noise about this kid handsome chap,probably just some overhyped guy:D

I have another one up:

www.digital.dj/colly

That's a good mix to chill to mate nice one i like it some good tunes, i notice you've included tunes from the same artists a number of times though, any reason for that?:)

Yeah just kind of turned out that way, I picked certain tunes that had the specific sound I was looking for. I was almost going to put together a set with just maybe three artists - just for something different.... So much of Gui Boratto's stuff just suited the mix so well I wanted it all in there. I truly love Kin Handome's stuff and could have put more but these two suited it best. I was actually going to end it with a different remix of the first tune: Julian Jabre - Swimming Places - Sebastian Ingrosso Re-Edit. - but ran out of time.

I'm just experimenting... Instead of just doing another normal mix of your latest 12 records etc, I wanted to change it up a little. Same with "The Naughty Mix" - all one certain type of tune, but spanning multiple genre's and even decades. A lot more difficult to get right (neither are exactly super smooth / perfect) but enjoyable all the same...

Hope you guys like it as much as I do :)

Right lads I've just recorded a new mix... It's called "The Naughty Mix" - I've always wanted to do a mix consisting completely of all those tunes with dirty lyrics and sound effects, took me a while to come up with the tunes, and getting them all arranged correctly was tricky. By no means my most polished piece of work, but good fun none the less.

Download Here
    - and please let me know what you think...

very good Colly! I remember Carl Cox mixed another naughty tune on Non Stop 2000 (Entra Mi Casa - Van Helden). He also threw in the old reliable Lil Louis.

I have another one up:

www.digital.dj/colly

haven't listened to the mix yet but stunning photograph! was it taken by you/someone U know?

• Advertisement

very good Colly! I remember Carl Cox mixed another naughty tune on Non Stop 2000 (Entra Mi Casa - Van Helden). He also threw in the old reliable Lil Louis.

Cool cheers man :D - Yeah Entra Mi Casa is a nice tune, one of the many that just did not make it onto the final mix. There's another that Coxy plays called "Work this Pussy" that I was going to put on but it didn't make the cut...

I might just do the mix again at some stage and change it round a bit. There are a few tunes like 'work this pussy', 'shut the f**k up' and 'F**k me like an animal', that I'd like to just sample for a minute or two - the entire 5-7 mins of the tune is just Boring...
    haven't listened to the mix yet but stunning photograph! was it taken by you/someone U know?
    I wish! My photography is not quite that good :p - I just like to make the site as nice looking as possible and pick nice looking graphics to match the oddly descriptive set titles

Advertisement