Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kateee47298

First day in ages that I have seen so many people lying in the sun in parks enjoying the weather, good weather really does make people happy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

First day in ages that I have seen so many people lying in the sun in parks enjoying the weather, good weather really does make people happy

Funny how there can be such differing experiences with weather on such a small island. Doubt it got out of single digits in Dublin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Friday looks like the warmest day, looking warm for Kerry, might be a bit cloudy though, hopefully just high cloud with a few breaks.

0XEmk6D.gif?1

ut18t71.png

qz3ytKk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Feckin miserable day again here. Hope this eastern wind spell doesn't mean more of this here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Fairly miserable in Donegal as well, murky greyness with low visibility all day. Cleared up in the late evening so hopefully a precursor for the rest of the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was lovely in cork city today. Some clouds about but was warm and the breeze was warm and it was dry, some change from the last two days! Everything is drenched though

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Disappointing day

km79 wrote: »
    Disappointing day

Well it's an improvement here anyway on the last while in North Dublin.. at least that awful breeze has subsided. Sun trying to break through the high cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I found it quite cold when I went out for a walk earlier - overcast and breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

More cloud in Dublin after a promising end to yesterday, it's last April all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

cloudy and mild in cork city, breeze is slightly chilly though.

The sun has finally broke through the clouds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

A cold day in Sligo. 11c and cloudy.

Might get 2 or 3 days good from this.

It always works like this. The long range hints at 7 to 10 days the medium range 4 to 7 days then actual weather 2 to 3 days.

Same with snow events though the long range usually 3 days with these that ends up being 3 hours

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cold and cloudy here in Meath. Ground still wet from the heavy rain of Sunday night to Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

sryanbruen wrote: »
    More cloud in Dublin after a promising end to yesterday, it's last April all over again.

Indeed, All will be forgiven if we see a repeat of last May this year though ;)

Overcast with sun trying but failing to break through properly in South Dublin , 13.8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mostly sunny spells here in my area of meath, felt nice in the sun to, clouding over now and hazy over the hills

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Disappointing day

but a fabulous evening again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Cloudy 12 degrees very meh. A lot better than last weekend but that’s such a low bar. This spring has save for 1 week been very disappointing.

Relatively benign evening given the context of the last week.. overcast but no chill breeze. Ok by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Fantastic sunset here in Mayo now. Nice red/pink sky .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Warmest day of the year so far today, warmer and sunnier tomorrow.

hirlamuk-41-38-0.png?18-06

Hazy sun and misty again in Dublin.

Hazy sun and misty again in Dublin.

Much better chance of that burning off this morning.

Just checked sat and there is not so much nuisance cloud around. I'd say beautiful afternoon, evening in store.

Some changes in the forecast heading in to next week? It's possible we could avoid the fronts with their associated rain bands which would prolong the good weather (still cooler than the weekend though).

gfs-0-108.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful morning in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭highdef

17.1c n North Kildare with hazy sunshine. But if a breeze but it's not too chilling. Can just about get away with being in a t shirt with nothing over it, once I keep in the sun.

Don't head to the beach tomorrow. Head to Clondalkin :p

8213_fil7.png

13.2c here atm near Dublin Airport.

1200 reports

Valentia Observatory 18c
    Belmullet 17c
    Newport 17c
    Shannon Airport 17c
    Gurteen 16c
    Mace Head 16c
    Mt. Dillon 16c

In comparison, 10c at Malin Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

Some changes in the forecast heading in to next week? It's possible we could avoid the fronts with their associated rain bands which would prolong the good weather (still cooler than the weekend though).

gfs-0-108.png?6

I hope you will be starting a "fine weather" thread soon Kermit!!

• Advertisement

1200 reports

Valentia Observatory 18c
    Belmullet 17c
    Newport 17c
    Shannon Airport 17c
    Gurteen 16c
    Mace Head 16c
    Mt. Dillon 16c

In comparison, 10c at Malin Head.

Now 19c at Newport and 18c at Belmullet & Shannon Airport. Still 18c at Valentia Observatory.

Advertisement