Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mcc1411

First EI 321n is out of the shop

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Mcc1411 wrote: »
    First EI 321n is out of the shop

Pic is up on Flickr, photographer is called Matthias Duber.
    http://rw.www.flickr.com/photos/mathiasdueber/33747439088/in/photolist-Tq9rU5

Edit; just noticed the hi speed tape covering the tail reg. Certainly looks like ‘RA’ to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Missing engines isn't a great sign

Satellite gear fitted already.

Missing engines isn't a great sign

You just don’t believe enough.....

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭sherology

Engines aren't the hold up at this juncture. New auto-riveting robots and new cabinflex layout/door configurations caused unexpected rework and slower production at Hamburg. They didn't forsee how cabin fittings and configs in a longer range aircraft would be more bespoke than a typical a321 layout (rather oddly)

EI chose two over-wing emergency exits? That's the first I've seen with two. Most LRs only have one as the cabins have relatively low density.

Anywho... Good to see things moving. Thanks for the pic. Keep'em coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

So J pax will have to walk through Y or Y through the J cabin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Interesting to see the entire tail painted teal, the standard of the new livery is to leave the lower leading edge white as the "swoop" onto the rear fuselage begins there. Airbus always paint the tail first so maybe details connected with the overall livery will be dealt with later.

Regarding the exits, I think all A321LR are constructed with two over wing exits as standard with one of them getting plugged up at a later date. TAP Air Portugal recently took delivery of their first A321LR which features just one active over wing exit but the outline of the second is still visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Tenger wrote: »

Edit; just noticed the hi speed tape covering the tail reg. Certainly looks like ‘RA’ to me.

Will that be flying to Las Vegas!?!? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Will that be flying to Las Vegas!?!? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wouldn't bet on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

EI-LRA

Good thing they skipped 'I' :eek:

• Advertisement

This is a A321NXLR, it has the new cabin layout so no L2 door

The L2 door was rarely if ever used as the jetbridge would come far too close to the engine, it worked for some jetbridges (there was one at T1 in LHR) but the bits hanging out of the jetbridge, stairs etc will contact the engine

This is EI-LRA, the fleet will be assigned EI-LRx registrations

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

This is a A321NXLR, it has the new cabin layout so no L2 door

The L2 door was rarely if ever used as the jetbridge would come far too close to the engine, it worked for some jetbridges (there was one at T1 in LHR) but the bits hanging out of the jetbridge, stairs etc will contact the engine

This is EI-LRA, the fleet will be assigned EI-LRx registrations

Its a LR, not a XLR.

To be pedantic

Its a A321-253NX-LR

2 200 series
    5 Leap engine
    3 version three
    N is for NEO
    X is the ACF cabin, the new doors
    LR for the 3 ACT option

To confuse matters more there are two LR variants the WV071 and WV072

You can plug the second overwing and even the L3/R3 door depending on seating capacity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

To be pedantic

Its a A321-253NX-LR

2 200 series
    5 Leap engine
    3 version three
    N is for NEO
    X is the ACF cabin, the new doors
    LR for the 3 ACT option

To confuse matters more there are two LR variants the WV071 and WV072

You can plug the second overwing and even the L3/R3 door depending on seating capacity

Is there anyone flying this version at the moment?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Is there anyone flying this version at the moment?

TAP took delivery of one last week but I don't think its in service yet. TAP and EI are the launch customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I'm open to correction but I don't think the A321 was ever approved for boarding using L2. No one does it these days and many airlines strictly forbid it (although if an airline themselves has a policy of not allowing it, maybe its possible to do).

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

Quite some time ago now, Aer Lingus did board the 321 through 2 left, only on occasion though.....old cabin config too!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Door 3 will be plugged I believe.
    16/168 config

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Accidentally

I'm open to correction but I don't think the A321 was ever approved for boarding using L2. No one does it these days and many airlines strictly forbid it (although if an airline themselves has a policy of not allowing it, maybe its possible to do).

Lufthansa do it every day of the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

LH frequently board A321s with double airbridges at Frankfurt.

• Advertisement

MoeJay wrote: »
    Quite some time ago now, Aer Lingus did board the 321 through 2 left, only on occasion though.....old cabin config too!
    Did it dozens of tines when I was crew with them. A321s used to be mostly on the DUB-LHR route back in 99-02.
    Board at L2, J class could extended as far as doors 3 on the budiest flights.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Door 3 will be plugged I believe.
    16/168 config

It appears that way in the photo above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

I remember boarding the A321 via the second door at Heathrow in the late 90s. It was at one of the very last gates in the old green mile pier where the aircraft appeared to be parked at an angle and the jet bridge extended quite a distance to reach the aircraft door. Once on board you could see Premier Europe to the left and the larger economy cabin to the right, seeing the interior divided into sections always made the aircraft appear larger than it actually was for me. 

It's a pity the old episode of BBC Airport never resurfaced, the one with the inaugural A321 service to Heathrow and a race against time to find a missing bagpipe player!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

EI2505 was due to fly Bordeaux to Dublin this evening but has been cancelled according to EI website. I think this was a ferry flight to bring EI-GEY back.

Be interesting to see what operates IAD tomorrow as per the website, this plane was due to restart the route from tomorrow.

Is it more just upguaging for summer season?
    I thought the B757 was on it over winter?

[HTML][/HTML]

Yes, was due to upguage tomorrow to A330-200 (EI-GEY) but that plane was cancelled coming back from Bordeaux, so wondering if its not back tomorrow will they have a spare to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭cloudhopper19

ei-GCF will operate the flight tomorrow 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

EI-GEY operates it occasionally from Nov-Mar from my experience.

cson wrote: »
    EI-GEY operates it occasionally from Nov-Mar from my experience.

Wonder what it is about IAD that makes them put this “inferior” business class product on that route?

I guess from a scheduling point of view it’s easier to sell the seats in that layout in just one route rather than chopping and changing but curious why IAD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Wonder what it is about IAD that makes them put this “inferior” business class product on that route?

I guess from a scheduling point of view it’s easier to sell the seats in that layout in just one route rather than chopping and changing but curious why IAD.

Good question.

If I had to guess its probably because the expense accounts on NYC/SFO/BOS need to be kept happy whereas the political expense accounts on IAD aren't as important.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement