Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Well, that wasn't cheap....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Very much like lots we've heard from them before. Still good though. Cranking it out on Spotify now but the videos worth watching, amazing production as usual.

Can't wait :D Have to wait until 10pm until my gf gets out of work though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

fixxxer wrote: »
    Already causing controversy `

It's only a short part of the video apparently, so cant make any judgements on it.

I stopped reading at the headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

The director of the Deutschland video leaked it on his Vimeo page about an hour ago but took it down quite fast. A friend got to it in time and recorded it for me and I can tell you all......the song is absolutely amazing. The video is also superb but the song is something else. Nothing like what we've heard from them before although there's a whiff of Rammlied off it.

I haven't had the pleasure of hearing it properly though since it was a screen record on a phone and I listened to it on a phone but still....wow!

Here's a link to it waiting for its premier at 5pm Irish time:

Fücking excellent, the Sonne Klavier outro is perfect too! Cannot wait until June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That was f*&king bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Bat**** crazy video.
    Good comeback song from the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’ll be honest, ‘Horrible Histories’ doesn’t look as funny as it used to be.

Great song though :D

Roll on, Milton Keynes (never thought I’d be saying that)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Translated lyrics if anyone's interested

https://loudwire.com/rammstein-deutschland-lyrics/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I fúcking love Rammstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I really liked it, especially the call backs to other songs

Say it'll be amazing live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The Sonne piano is just for the video since the credits roll so it'll begin and end differently on the album.

There's a lot of nods to previous songs and real-world stuff alright, the angel wings from the current live version of Engel, the plaster heads of the band etc. Anyone notice the nod to the Mein Teil video?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Great song and clip.

Hard to believe the Dublin concert was over 7 years ago!

The Sonne piano is just for the video since the credits roll so it'll begin and end differently on the album.

Absolutely, but out of all of the different things they could have done for the video end credits, it really worked!

That was absolutely fantastic beyond belief! I wasn't so sure about the song, then I listened again and read the translation although a lot of the German isn't the worst to understand in it. I think its brilliant, so many layers.

Richard said they were doing 5 videos, I wonder is this it in one? I know that may sound silly but a LOT of budget has definitely gone into this one ''movie''.

Like unkel said, very hard to believe the Dublin gig was 7 years ago. To think, I was in the bloody stalls seated...I have not made that mistake again! Anyone going to the second night in Paris by chance?

Barry, don't forget that we didn't see any nuns in this video so that'll be the next one to be released. I'd say it'll be for the song Puppe. I've had a go at deciphering the song titles as they were censored on the track listing on the official Rammstein shop:

1. DEUTSCHLAND (Germany)

2. NADIA / RADIO

3. FICK DICH (F*** You)

4. AUSLÄNDER (Foreigner)

5. SEX (Sex)

6. PUPPE (Puppet)

7. WAS ICH LIEBE (What I Love) - This title goes back to the LIFAD era. They released a demo of it at one stage)

8. DIAMANT (Diamond)

9. WEIT WEG (Far Away)

10. TATTOO (Tattoo)

11. FALLEMANN (Falle is German for trap, pit, snare, catch) or it could be LALLEMANN (Lalle is German for mumble, babble) I'm not entirely sure about this one.

I've ordered my copy of the special edition which I'm hoping includes a second CD like LIFAD on which Ramm4 will be but there's no indication of any difference between this and the normal, cheaper edition.

For anyone interested, here's a translation I did. I'll come back to it and add in Richard's backing vocals at a later stage.

Rammstein - Deutschland

Du hast viel geweint - You have cried a lot
    Im Geist getrennt - In the soul apart
    Im Herz vereint - In the heart united

Wir sind schon sehr lang zusammen - We have been together so very long
    Dein Atem kalt - Your breath cold
    Das Herz in Flammen - The heart in flames
    Du - You
    Ich - Me
    Wir - Us
    Ihr - You

Deutschland - Germany
    Mein Herz in Flammen - My heart in flames
    Will dich lieben und verdammen - Wants to love you and to damn you
    Deutschland - Germany
    So jung - So young
    Und doch so alt - And yet so old
    Deutschland - Germany

Ich - I
    Ich will dich nie verlassen - I never want to let you go
    Man kann dich lieben - One can love you
    Und will dich hassen - And wants to hate you
    Überheblich - Overbearing
    Überlegen - Superior
    Übernehmen - To take over
    Übergeben - To surrender
    Überraschen - Surprising
    Überfallen - To attack
    Deutschland Deutschland über allen - Germany, Germany above all

Deutschland - Germany
    Mein Herz in Flammen - My heart in flames
    Deutschland - Germany
    So jung - So young
    Deutschland - Germany

Deutschland - Germany
    Deine Liebe ist Fluch und Segen - Your love is a curse and a blessing
    Deutschland - Germany
    Meine Liebe kann ich dir nicht geben - My love I cannot give to you
    Deutschland - Germany

Deutschland - Germany
    Du - You
    Ich - Me
    Wir - Us
    Ihr - You

Übermächtig - Overpowering
    Überflüssig - Superfluous
    Übermenschen - Superior beings ***
    Überdrüssig - Weary
    Wer hoch steigt, der wird tief fallen - The higher you climb, the harder you fall
    Deutschland Deutschland über allen - Germany, Germany above all

Deutschland - Germany
    Dein Herz in Flammen - Your heart in flames
    Deutschland - Germany
    Mein Atem kalt - My breath cold
    So jung - So young
    Deutschland - Germany
    Deine Liebe ist Fluch und Segen - Your love is a curse and a blessing
    Deutschland - Germany
    Meine Liebe kann ich dir nicht geben - My love I cannot give you
    Deutschland - Germany

***Übermenschen doesn't quite translate directly into English. It was the name given by the Nazis to their idea of the superior beings/Aryan/master race.

Great stuff MetzgerMeister!

I'd say this is definitely the last album though. This video sort of feels like a swansong of sorts, with all the references to past music. Not to mention that Till said before he would stop at 50 and now is 56, I just don't know how much more they have in them after this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I was watching the video on Youtube and Ich Will came on after. It was striking how much older they look now. I know time passes for everyone, but still striking to see it side by side like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've ordered my copy of the special edition which I'm hoping includes a second CD like LIFAD on which Ramm4 will be but there's no indication of any difference between this and the normal, cheaper edition.

Where did you order this?

I was watching the video on Youtube and Ich Will came on after. It was striking how much older they look now. I know time passes for everyone, but still striking to see it side by side like that.

They were made to look older than they normally do for the Deutschland video ;)
    Where did you order this?

Preorder on www.rammsteinshop.de

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Start of it actually reminded me of Mortal Kombat crossed with Adios (from mutter) a little... it's really growing on me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Great stuff MetzgerMeister!

I'd say this is definitely the last album though. This video sort of feels like a swansong of sorts, with all the references to past music. Not to mention that Till said before he would stop at 50 and now is 56, I just don't know how much more they have in them after this!

Absolutely love the new song. Caught it 30 minutes after it streamed live yesterday and both it and the video blew me away. Had it on repeat today!

I am hoping it's not their swansong. They're an amazing band, but if this is their final stand, they've left a hell of a legacy. The nod to Nazi Germany in some way feels like this could be the end for them though, that they full on tackled such a heavy topic that's been thrown their way down through the years.

Pretty good interpretation of the themes in the video here - well worth the read if you like your historical references!

https://www.loudersound.com/features/we-got-an-oxford-university-professor-to-explain-what-the-fcks-going-on-in-that-rammstein-video

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Pretty good interpretation of the themes in the video here - well worth the read if you like your historical references!

https://www.loudersound.com/features/we-got-an-oxford-university-professor-to-explain-what-the-fcks-going-on-in-that-rammstein-video

Glad I'm not the only one who felt completely lost watching it :pac:

Enjoyed the song. Looking forward to hearing the album.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Update:

Folks, Rammstein have released riff sample snippets for 3 songs on YT - Deutschland, Radio and Zeig Dich. So:

1. DEUTSCHLAND (Germany) - Confirmed

2. RADIO - Confirmed

3. ZEIG DICH (Show Yourself) - Confirmed

4. AUSLÄNDER (Foreigner)- Confirmed

5. SEX (Sex) - Confirmed

6. PUPPE (Puppet) - Confirmed

7. WAS ICH LIEBE (What I Love) - This title goes back to the LIFAD era. They released a demo of it at one stage) - Confirmed - Also the riff sample sounds nothing like the LIFAD demo

8. DIAMANT (Diamond) - Confirmed

9. WEIT WEG (Far Away) - Confirmed

10. TATTOO (Tattoo)

11. TALLYMANN (Tally man) i.e. a man who keeps a tally of things. If previous albums are anything to go by, this will probably be a soft song about the life of a man who worked at counting/tallying stuff and maybe did/didn't do the same for the hours of his life which has now come to an end. Just a wild guess.

Could also be: FALLEMANN (Falle is German for trap, pit, snare, catch) / LALLEMANN (Lalle is German for mumble, babble)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Good show. Will be hard to top

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Guitar samples and 1 drum sample from 6 songs now on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqdsVtteWOE&list=PLVTLbc6i-h_g_mhkN8LqFP9IRYhLgPrUt&index=4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

any chance of another Irish gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

D.Q wrote: »
    any chance of another Irish gig?

Doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Not in this wave anyway

Advertisement