Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

peter4918 wrote: »
    Yeah, I’m heading up. Don’t know the stage times of each band but I did get an email awhile back advising that the doors opening time was changed to 6pm. So maybe that means it’s kicking off a bit earlier but I’d say Maiden won’t be on until around the usual 8.45pm

I reckon the early opening is because it's a ticketless gig so it takes longer to get everyone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 _a farewell to kings_

Not sure if this is allowed here but does anyone have a spare ticket to sell? The paperless system is making it very difficult to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Not sure if this is allowed here but does anyone have a spare ticket to sell? The paperless system is making it very difficult to find one.

That's the whole idea behind the paperless ticketing thing. As you usually need the payment card used for the purchase to gain entry, so it cuts down on touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

What if your wife bought the tickets but she's not going. Her cards in her maiden name (see what I did there)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    What if your wife bought the tickets but she's not going. Her cards in her maiden name (see what I did there)

You bring her card... or you don't get in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Any recommendations for rock / metal bars after the gig - other than Katy's / Limelight ?

Great gig last night. Nice venue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

Great gig last night. Nice venue too.

It was class. Where eagles dare, The Clansman, The sign of the cross & The flight of Icarus the highlights for me as we don’t see them played too often these days. Of course all the usuals sounded great too!!

Best set I've seen maiden play live. Absolutely class. Aces high was my highlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Brilliant gig, I'll die happy now

• Advertisement

Wonder will they release a live CD of this your? Perhaps DVD too as it would tie in with the history of iron msiden?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Great gig, the food stalls and beer service was atrocious. Really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Merch stand was a nightmare as well, although I suppose Maiden fans do like to buy a t-shirt or three.... :D

The show itself though, absolutely stonking!!

blastman wrote: »
    Merch stand was a nightmare as well, although I suppose Maiden fans do like to buy a t-shirt or three.... :D

The show itself though, absolutely stonking!!

I arrived while KE were just starting and the merch stand just inside the door was mobbed but the ones upstairs were grand and I got served pretty quickly. No problems getting a beer as well in one of the bars away from the centre entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Might have had a few beers to celebrate a bit early!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Best price for these if anybody is interested,use parcel motel:

https://store.hmv.com/technology/headphones-(1)/maiden-audio-by-onkyo-edph0n3s-headphones-iron-ma

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Piece of Maiden's history, for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Bruce Dickinson brings his spoken word/autobiography tour to Dublin in December:
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/an-evening-with-bruce-dickinson-what-does-this-button-do-tickets-62358494937?aff=ebdssbeac

€41 seems a bit steep for a talking event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

€41 seems a bit steep for a talking event.

Would you be getting a signed copy of book with that??

scudzilla wrote: »
    Would you be getting a signed copy of book with that??

Don't think so (I've already got one!). Says a lot for gig prices these days when I thought €41 seemed ok!

Very excited about this. Any feedback on his book,?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It's an interesting read. Plenty of stuff left out that I'd like to have read about but if you're into maiden and biographies then it's worth the read...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34091173-what-does-this-button-do
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Does-This-Button-Do/dp/B0751PVMPD/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1559129707&refinements=p_27%3ABruce+Dickinson&s=books&sr=1-1

I was disappointed by it if I'm being honest. The one thing I was eager to read about was him rejoining Maiden and how that came about and the meetings leading up to and after etc. But it was covered in one paragraph and that was that.

Also, there was a lot of stuff that repeated what any Maiden fan would already know. For example, did he really need to go into the car crash while making TNOTB and the bill came to £666. Who hasn't heard that a million times before?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I was disappointed by it if I'm being honest. The one thing I was eager to read about was him rejoining Maiden and how that came about and the meetings leading up to and after etc. But it was covered in one paragraph and that was that.

Also, there was a lot of stuff that repeated what any Maiden fan would already know. For example, did he really need to go into the car crash while making TNOTB and the bill came to £666. Who hasn't heard that a million times before?

Same here, very disappointed with it. Maybe it's something to do with hand writing it and only the 1 draft.

I liked the book, but the sections concerning his leaving Maiden seemed a little 'censored' if I'm honest. It was a pretty acrimonious split at the time (iirc Nicko went ballistic in the press).

The aviation stuff is very enjoyable if you're into that kind of thing (I am). But there's not much about Maiden that was a revelation as such.

It's available for 6 quid on book depositry. Worth picking up. I recently finished Mick walls "run to the hills", which also skimmed through Adrian and Bruce rejoining.

Got my ticket this morning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Apparently I'm fourth row in front of stage. :cool:

Advertisement