Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dimethyltryptamine study

Options
  • 10-04-2019 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Before you dismiss this as some recreational buzz I might be chasing please read a little further.
    I'm a 46 year old male curious to know if anybody in the world of psychology in ireland is studying dimethyltryptamine and the effects it has on human subjects. Need a guinea pig?
    I'm a drinking smoker and if you're still reading you probably know that dimethyltryptamine has an 85% success rate in cessation of both of the above. Next pharmaceutical product down :40-45% success rate. (this is illegal Why?)
    I realise "drugs are bad" and big brother says no no but I'm quite comfortable about the subject.
    I'm aware of what can go wrong and I'm OK with that. I wish a more complicated adjective would come to mind but OK is all I got for now.
    It's not my desire to break laws or rules. I could obtain it in on the dark Web but I don't wish to risk bad product or incorrect dose.
    Thus far I have contacted shamans, psychedelics Ireland and even reached out to Tsarian and Jordan Peterson but either they are too busy or I haven't used my words well.
    I could afterall be a member of an guarda siochana(i would have put the fadas in if I was)

I would like an adult conversation on this subject. I'm determined and if need be I will go to South America and get ayahuasca from a shaman but I'm hoping somebody somewhere could steer me to a safe environment where competent people have a vested interest in the effects brought on. Psilocybin has grown where ever man has settled. Wherever we cut trees. It has been a part of rituals in every country on this planet. Fungi is the largest organism on this planet of ours. People who experience dimethyltryptamine increase in openness and this is fact. I'm aware of studies done but what's happened to the open-mindedness of the people in this land today? I'm only seeking an experience and if you look closely you will see a trail of dimethyltryptamine in many of the great minds that have gone before and continue to go.

Anyhoot... Shoot!

Oman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

I'm wondering what do you want it to do for you and why?
    Do you want to reduce/stop smoking and drinking or are you "seeking an experience"?
    What do you mean by an increase in openness?
    Sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oman3212

Do you want to reduce/stop smoking and drinking or are you "seeking an experience"?

All of above.. I believe we are all split between our conscious mind and our subconscious. C Jung or Nietzsche might explain it better than I can. My shadow is what I want to know!
    When the shaman dispensing ayahuasca were asked how they knew to mix one bark with another fungi that grew thousands of miles away from each other - they replied... The plants told us. Terrence Mckenna is the expert here. There is much about our understanding of ourselves and our relationship with nature we have lost touch with. I feel like we are being marched to a tune of convenience and that there is much more to us than our history books can explain.
    Sure it can go wrong!
    I took lsd (small dose) 20 years ago and although the details are lost in my past the essence of the trip stays with me profoundly. 5 or 6 people walking down a road at night after consumption. The trees arching over the road as far as the eye can see. One or two of my companions displaying their inner most fears about taking the drug by trying to freak me out as I was a virgin to the experience. Always a dominance hierarchy eh? I wasn't in the least bit perturbed by their display as it began to kick in. The overarching trees started to move and twist. Some took on forms like a dragon for example but instead of cowering I found myself pointing/reaching to connect with the images that presented themselves.
    I haven't felt that level of connection to nature since.
    I realise there are many professional psychiatrists out there that are running a mile before commenting here because they are either optuse, scared or ignorant but I'm hoping there are a couple of truth seekers out there. We are rare to the best of my observational skills or perhaps simply disconnected.
    All of the people on line that I'm drawn to have taken psilocybin, ayahuasca or dimethyltryptamine (DMT) I don't wish to be their friends. I compute their language quite easily...i just fail at connecting it all!
    That's all I got for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oman3212

Nature can be a powerful teacher Terrence mckenna

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

I'm not a psychiatrist.
    Yes, nature can be a powerful teacher but I have never felt the need to take anything to connect with it tbh and yet have felt myself profoundly connected to it regularly. I suppose I need to be in control or at least feel I am. Not sure what the truth is that you seeking, if it's connection to nature I'd suggest immersion in it rather than an active substance, but that's just me. This is straying from the psychological to the philosophical which may be no bad thing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6007659/
    In Ireland Prof Ivor Browne has had some experiences with lsd back in the day. I would wonder whether the act of taking something allows people (gives themselves permission) to express what they are feeling anyway. Not to be Yoda esque but if it's your truth then surely it's in you anyway?

Advertisement