Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Garden Bird Survey 2018/19

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

I was down the local lake earlier, and I seen a bird it was like a cross between a duck and a vulture.

A local reckons it's some kind of Japanese duck.

Could have been dropped off or something.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A cormorant? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Russell Salty Mouth

Tacklebox wrote: »
    I was down the local lake earlier, and I seen a bird it was like a cross between a duck and a vulture.

A local reckons it's some kind of Japanese duck.

Could have been dropped off or something.

Probably the wrong thread for this but cormorant, muscovy duck, or a duck hybrid

12553.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Probably the wrong thread for this but cormorant, muscovy duck, or a duck hybrid

12553.jpg

Yes that's it, hope I'm not derailing the thread.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Russell Salty Mouth

Tacklebox wrote: »
    Yes that's it, hope I'm not derailing the thread.

Thanks

They are to be found in many locations around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    nearly certain i saw a sisken today...how rare are they?
    They are actually in the top 20 of our garden birds. Common and widespread throughout the country year round, with an influx on the east coast in Winter.

well it was the first time i've seen one in my garden

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not sure where to post this, but it seems interesting.

https://ebird.org/news/global-big-day-4-may-2019

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Barn Owl heard at length last night, to and fro for a good while making its distinctive call. South Tipperary.

Advertisement