Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender social construct new study ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Yes it's interesting. Still I'm of the belief that nature gets things mixed up at times, so would the same studies show the same results in adolescents experiencing gender dysphoria or identifying as other than their assigned birth gender? I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Yes it's interesting. Still I'm of the belief that nature gets things mixed up at times, so would the same studies show the same results in adolescents experiencing gender dysphoria or identifying as other than their assigned birth gender? I wonder.

I see these as edge cases (very edge cases).
    But yeah, would be interesting too.

Main thing I like about the article is it seems to be a good kick in the whole "Gender is a social construct" nonsense - but the believers in it are kicking back, some people calling this author a white supremacist ...:rolleyes:

anyway, this was reddit - turning into a real cesspit latelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Well imho, some of gender is a social construct. I wouldn't go out as say all of it is but at the end of the day I don't have an issue with whatever someone identifies as. The ruling in Canada certainly gives me pause for thought but I find it's main antagonist Peterson hypocritical but don't know enough about the legal situation.

Advertisement