Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that annoy you in MMA

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

The same thing that annoys me with any sport.

Tribalism. If someone from your gym is being a complete d1ck, just say it. If your fighter had a poor performance and lost a close decision where they showed no attempt to finish the fight, take the loss and stop your whining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pre- McGregor Era so it doesn't count, it was a completely different world back then :pac: Goldberg, Rousey, Cowzerp,

Annoying that they never fought each other. I think Conor would have never left the plumbing game and Rush would have a multimillionair we could all be proud of.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Annoying that they never fought each other. I think Conor would have never left the plumbing game and Rush would have a multimillionair we could all be proud of.

No wonder they didnt, sure Conor was only B Class back then :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055212456

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

No wonder they didnt, sure Conor was only B Class back then :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055212456

That's class. Love seeing this tyoe of stuff on old local cards. I wish I had of been aware these events were going on back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

The best way to see the stars of the future is to support and go to local shows today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

The best way to see the stars of the future is to support and go to local shows today.

Wheres the best place to be kept up to date with local MMA shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Rolling your hand wraps only for them to fall from your hand at the last moment and you chase it like an Andrex puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The weigh ins where they dont put a screen caption of the weight the fighter has to make so the general punter can see if hes under or over when the weight is called. Its like the ufc think every jackass is an mma nerd who would know the many divisional weights like the back of their hand of which there are many.
    There should be a care o meter screen capture and a sad duck walks off if they weigh in more. This would be a howling good bit of extra interest for the casual fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Another thing I'd like to add on UFC broadcasts with a similar sentiment to above......

When Bruce announces the fighter's record, I'd like for him to announce their UFC record too. Their MMA record really doesn't give context as the the level of those wins/losses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Whelo79 wrote: »
    That's class. Love seeing this tyoe of stuff on old local cards. I wish I had of been aware these events were going on back then.

They were well advertised but we still found it hard to put bums on seats, I think if I recall correctly that fight promotion with CmcG and Gary Morris (boards.ie username was 'Judomad') found it hard to get 150 seats filled.

A lot of boards.ie users got freebie tickets back then too, just to fill the venues. Imagine that now, you couldn't. Bet most couldn't imagine the likes of Conor getting out of the cage back then and having to swap gloves with the next fighter because clubs and promo's didn't have enough MMA gloves to to each fighter lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya Joe Rogan calling every fight the biggest in UFC history wrecks my head more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

This is not just confined to MMA but I'm watching the first fight tonight and it sprung to mind.

People with their surnames tattooed across their back/chest/stomach. I really don't get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Whelo79 wrote: »
    This is not just confined to MMA but I'm watching the first fight tonight and it sprung to mind.

People with their surnames tattooed across their back/chest/stomach. I really don't get it??

Maybe they suffer from chronic amnesia

Advertisement